• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies 2021 season thread

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might be their last gasp. 5 games back with a month left would be nothing if it was the Mets in first place, but the Braves will probably hang on.
At least they aren't 40 games back like the Diamondbacks.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, two weeks ago I could not have imagined this is where we'd be. Bonus, tomorrow you can get a vaccine shot before you watch the Phillies lose to a team 40 games out. Then when your kids end up with all kinds of birth defects from the side effects you can explain to them that it's because you had to see Didi one last time.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even tell what any of that even means. So they fired a bunch of guys then hired them back for different positions next year?

I hear you

But I'm relieved a bit
I have Sal Agostinelli on my Baseball Executive fantasy team and I'm glad to see he made it through the org change
I would hate to have to scour the waiver wire for another Director of International scouting this late in the season

Excuse me hate to post and run but I need to get ready for my Strat-O-Matic baseball mascot league and now that the court ruled in the Phillies favor regarding the Phanatic I want to make sure I have the Phanatic slotted clean up - Gob bless that powder blue tail among the other changes!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember that one. But who among us hasn't gotten in trouble for exposing themselves on a hotel balcony?

After searching all Philadelphia news rags in the library for five days:laugh3: , I found the original story from 2008. He was a Bosox scout from the Phila. area who was drafted by the Phils out of HS and played AAA Scranton in 2003. Charges were dropped in 2010 because of evidentiary proof problems.

Bosox Scout Caught Jerk'n It in Public
"A scout for the Boston Red Sox , Jesse Levis, 39, faces charges of lewd and lascivious behavior at a Port St. Lucie, Florida hotel following his arrest on March 2.

Levis is accused of masturbating from the balcony of his hotel room which overlooked the hotel's pool area where young girls were swimming. He faces two felony counts of committing lewd and lascivious acts in the presence of children under the age of 16."

Former Northeast catcher, baseball scout looking for another chance after false charges

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After searching all Philadelphia news rags in the library for five days:laugh3: , I found the original story from 2008. He was a Bosox scout from the Phila. area who was drafted by the Phils out of HS and played AAA Scranton in 2003. Charges were dropped in 2010 because of evidentiary proof problems.

Bosox Scout Caught Jerk'n It in Public
"A scout for the Boston Red Sox , Jesse Levis, 39, faces charges of lewd and lascivious behavior at a Port St. Lucie, Florida hotel following his arrest on March 2.

Levis is accused of masturbating from the balcony of his hotel room which overlooked the hotel's pool area where young girls were swimming. He faces two felony counts of committing lewd and lascivious acts in the presence of children under the age of 16."

Former Northeast catcher, baseball scout looking for another chance after false charges
I've done the research. There wasn't a balcony and the window was partially blocked by a palm tree. Even if it went to trial I think Joe Pesci could have got him off.

You have to scroll all the way to about the 26th photo to see it. Either way, that is now on my bucket list of places to visit as a baseball fan.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done the research. There wasn't a balcony and the window was partially blocked by a palm tree. Even if it went to trial I think Joe Pesci could have got him off.

You have to scroll all the way to about the 26th photo to see it. Either way, that is now on my bucket list of places to visit as a baseball fan.

Levis declined to speak with investigators Monday, but told an officer Sunday that he got undressed as the curtains were open and walked into the bathroom and took a shower. He then walked to his clothes, which were hanging by the window, and got dressed before going to dinner at a nearby restaurant. OK.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm debating whether to attend the game tonight, grab a hoagie, and support Nola in one of his final starts of the season, as he attempts to right the Phillies on their drive to recover first place from the squaws and renew our quest for the divisional playoffs. Yeah, baby! :suds:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm debating whether to attend the game tonight, grab a hoagie, and support Nola in one of his final starts of the season, as he attempts to right the Phillies on their drive to recover first place from the squaws and renew our quest for the divisional playoffs. Yeah, baby! :suds:
It could be a good game. It will be interesting to see if he can recover from that almost great game in San Diego.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be a good game. It will be interesting to see if he can recover from that almost great game in San Diego.

I want to see them take the next three games against this bad AZ team. Without Hoskins it will be tough but the bastards need to earn their big paychecks.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking this Kennedy guy. Once he gives up the first bomb or 2 he's tough to hit......

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't they let the Phillies start with a guy on 2nd base every inning?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to leave the game in the seventh as they led 4-2. Knew that would only last a few minutes but I needed to get the Starbucks coffee mocha drink in my car after 2 brews and the double gin martini. Have to buy a plastic flask. But my radio stopped working so I couldn't follow the game. Fortunately, ha, ha, I got stuck in a 40-minute construction traffic jam on the Schuylkill expressway so I monitored some of it on ESPN.com. Glad they pulled it out in the 11th.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to leave the game in the seventh as they led 4-2. Knew that would only last a few minutes but I needed to get the Starbucks coffee mocha drink in my car after 2 brews and the double gin martini. Have to buy a plastic flask. But my radio stopped working so I couldn't follow the game. Fortunately, ha, ha, I got stuck in a 40-minute construction traffic jam on the Schuylkill expressway so I monitored some of it on ESPN.com. Glad they pulled it out in the 11th.
yes! Jean Jean the dancing machine pulls it out. Although playoff hopes remain, they are hanging on by a thread, much like your liver.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another quality start for Gibson. Just need a couple more runs to insure that the vonted bullpen doesn't blow it