• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Philip Sims

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talk coming out of Alabama that seems to think that Sims will transfer to UVa after Spring drills @ Alabama. If true, he would have 2 years left once he became eligible to play. Rocco would be a senior. If Sims is looking for playing time, I don't see UVa as being the place for him since we have highly touted Grayson Lambert coming in 2012's class.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't see it either. Not that Sims isn't a big time talent, but the numbers really don't work. Watford is a guy who the players (and the coaches) say is going to be special. I'm predicting a close battle between him and Rocco, and if he narrowly misses there is a good probability of a redshirt. That plus some very highly thought of guys coming in next year militate against disruption. This is no disrespect to PS - but he probably finds a smoother transition where a major program has a gap at QB.

As an aside, I wish some of the in state kids with stars in their eyes would take stock of things differently. That's not to say that they aren't great athletes, but if you don't see a clear path it would be better to be on the field. But that's just me.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
While i dont know much about you guys depth or chemistry in the locker room, i do know that Sims would be a huge get for whoVa. Sims was/is a big name in the 757 and as much as it pains me to say this is the type of kid that could lure other big name kids to whoVa. Terrell, Nicholson, and others, were big name VA kids but dont have the draw of a guy like sims.

FTR though i dont think he ends up @ UVA. this has been rumored basically ever since he signed his LOI.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False rumor.. His dad said he will be there attending school in the spring.. And he just got a new apartment in t town.