• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Steele 2018 Preseason Top 25

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing Ohio State is better is the same thing.
No it's not. Based on their body of work at the time the CFP was announced, Clemson unquestionably was the correct choice. I would've voted them in over OSU at that point, too. It doesn't mean I think they were unquestionably better and OSU couldn't beat them, it means they were obviously more deserving.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it's not. Based on their body of work at the time the CFP was announced, Clemson unquestionably was the correct choice. I would've voted them in over OSU at that point, too. It doesn't mean I think they were unquestionably better and OSU couldn't beat them, it means they were obviously more deserving.

I'm not sure why you took issue with my original statement then? Clemson was better last year. Obviously Ohio State could have beaten Clemson, just as obvious as Clemson could have beaten Ohio State.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you took issue with my original statement then? Clemson was better last year. Obviously Ohio State could have beaten Clemson, just as obvious as Clemson could have beaten Ohio State.
And I said that was debatable, to which you said it's not, meaning there is 0 possible way to say OSU could have been better, which you were using to say Clemson would be better this year. You took quite a bit from that statement and made some absolutes regarding OSU. I disagreed with them. If the two had played last year, I would've put my money on OSU. If Kelly Bryant starts again this year, I would probably double the money I would've put on OSU last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I said that was debatable, to which you said it's not, meaning there is 0 possible way to say OSU could have been better, which you were using to say Clemson would be better this year. You took quite a bit from that statement and made some absolutes regarding OSU. I disagreed with them. If the two had played last year, I would've put my money on OSU. If Kelly Bryant starts again this year, I would probably double the money I would've put on OSU last year.

The only debatable topic, would be who were to win in a hypothetical matchup. Arguing that is dumb. Clemson had the better season last year, was more accomplished, and was deserving of being in the CFP. Those aren't debatable, which is why Clemson was better last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only debatable topic, would be who were to win in a hypothetical matchup. Arguing that is dumb. Clemson had the better season last year, was more accomplished, and was deserving of being in the CFP. Those aren't debatable, which is why Clemson was better last year.
Nope, OSU was better. Your precious efficiency metrics even agreed. Either you agree OSU was better or you never use the efficiency metrics again. Can't have it both ways, bud.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, OSU was better. Your precious efficiency metrics even agreed. Either you agree OSU was better or you never use the efficiency metrics again. Can't have it both ways, bud.

Clemson was better. End of discussion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson was better. End of discussion.
Nope, discussion is still open. OSU was better according to efficiency metrics, which you've used a definitive indicator in the past. OSU was better.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, discussion is still open. OSU was better according to efficiency metrics, which you've used a definitive indicator in the past. OSU was better.

Already explained. End of discussion.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fvck enough already debates are for pussys!