• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phil Simms wont say "Redskins" on air?

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Wild?

2uj595c.png

What is he doing??.. Tebowing??.. LMAO.. :suds: :pound:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You catch on quick young pen-gu-in

It's like they're trying to distract from one racially charged issue by involving themselves in another racially charged issue.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they dropped the NA reference altogether? Fuck it, don't mention any form of the group.

I bet that would have the PCers second guessing themselves.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if they dropped the NA reference altogether? Fuck it, don't mention any form of the group.

I bet that would have the PCers second guessing themselves.

I think they'll eventually have to do that, but for now they should either change the name or work out a formal agreement with the tribes to use that name.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do we actually start addressing the REAL challenges facing our NA brothers? This is way more to the point IMO.

Just repeating myself here for Doobs.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that but can't we do both change the name & address the plight of the Native Americans?

Unless there is a shit-load of oil on the reservations that we stuck these tribes on.. the US Government ain't going to do jack-shit to help the plight of the Native Americans

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that but can't we do both change the name & address the plight of the Native Americans?

I don't see how changing a name that offends a proven minority of the NA community helps anything myself. Just gives power to butt hurt thought police.

And I'd like to point out the word Redskin has NEVER been universally accepted as racist.

A word must include context and intent to be considered racist. Same is true for KKK and natzi.

That's just one of my many problems with this debate. The lack of proper argument regarding it.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how changing a name that offends a proven minority of the NA community helps anything myself. Just gives power to butt hurt thought police.

And I'd like to point out the word Redskin has NEVER been universally accepted as racist.

A word must include context and intent to be considered racist. Same is true for KKK and natzi.

That's just one of my many problems with this debate. The lack of proper argument regarding it.

:omg:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless there is a shit-load of oil on the reservations that we stuck these tribes on.. the US Government ain't going to do jack-shit to help the plight of the Native Americans

But apparently spending 1000s of dollars on restricting and defining what is appropriate word useage is a worthy effort for government. Go figure. I call bull shit.

Again, follow the money and integrity of the individuals wailing about this non issue.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me thinks you don't realize how many people don't like censorship. Folding to minority thought is NOT what a republic is based on. Or ever has been.

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But apparently spending 1000s of dollars on restricting and defining what is appropriate word useage is a worthy effort for government. Go figure. I call bull shit.

Again, follow the money and integrity of the individuals wailing about this non issue.

SMH.. like 'most' skins fans.. you're set in your ways and there's no discussing the issue.. the 'only' opinion here that matters is Dan Snyder's and as I've already said.. he's the only one that comes out of this a winner either way he decides to go

WILD FAN

Naked Woman Watcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me thinks you don't realize how many people don't like censorship. Folding to minority thought is NOT what a republic is based on. Or ever has been.

You're 'comparing' the klan and nazis to the word 'redskins'??

Last edited by a moderator: