• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton Manning and the ESPY Awards

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone planning on tuning in? Could be pretty epic with PFM hosting the 25th annual show. I'm looking forward to seeing Peyton on the big stage again. Gotta admit that I miss the Manning led Broncos. Should be something to help ease the pain of the off-season. I know that many on these boards are anti-ESPN but it's better than sifting through some of the drivel on the "This Forum is Boring This Week" thread!

Go Peyton! Go Broncos!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could. Going to be on the road to my brother-in-law's wedding though so won't get the chance to tune in. Might have to record that one though and watch it when we get home/.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone planning on tuning in? Could be pretty epic with PFM hosting the 25th annual show. I'm looking forward to seeing Peyton on the big stage again. Gotta admit that I miss the Manning led Broncos. Should be something to help ease the pain of the off-season. I know that many on these boards are anti-ESPN but it's better than sifting through some of the drivel on the "This Forum is Boring This Week" thread!

Go Peyton! Go Broncos!
Good points....Manning and the regular crap on tv will get me there. Sports wise, its either that or tennis and soccer. No thanks. :) If Dodgers or Rockies were playing and available, I would skip espys except in commercial breaks.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the production and the commercials, this is definitely the Peyton Manning show. Kevin Durant wins the loser of the night award though, for those of you who watched.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the production and the commercials, this is definitely the Peyton Manning show. Kevin Durant wins the loser of the night award though, for those of you who watched.

KD is a classless fucker for sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know Durant did that as part of the show, right? He was suppose to do that.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could. Going to be on the road to my brother-in-law's wedding though so won't get the chance to tune in. Might have to record that one though and watch it when we get home/.

I bet it will be on utube when you get back ..

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all know Durant did that as part of the show, right? He was suppose to do that.

I'm not so sure that was the case. Maybe. I guess I was even more turned off by his "I'm cooler than you" vibe during his acceptance speech.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't watch it but I would think they only thing you'd miss was Peyton... ESPY's just don't do anything for me....

How was the wedding?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure that was the case. Maybe. I guess I was even more turned off by his "I'm cooler than you" vibe during his acceptance speech.

It's odd because after the show it was reported Durant and Manning both spoke about it as it was staged, you google it and they say Durant wasn't happy. Who knows, but I really don't care... Durant is soft if he can't laugh. I'd trust what Manning and Durant say more personally then what the media says when you google it.

I mean Westbrook did the same thing. Sure looked staged to me. I wasn't so sure until I saw Westbrook after.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd because after the show it was reported Durant and Manning both spoke about it as it was staged, you google it and they say Durant wasn't happy. Who knows, but I really don't care... Durant is soft if he can't laugh. I'd trust what Manning and Durant say more personally then what the media says when you google it.

I mean Westbrook did the same thing. Sure looked staged to me. I wasn't so sure until I saw Westbrook after.

I didn't see the post show comments, so maybe you're right. Even if it was, I'm just not a fan of KD's whole vibe. Who cares really? The NBA is nothing but an occasional side show to the real sport for me!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Durant was first in the league I loved the way Durant handled himself as a young superstar, but I always thought that about Dwight Howard too. Now he is starting to rub me the wrong way a bit just like Howard does as he gets older. Odd huh? I feel like many stars in the NBA sorta went the reverse role of what you would expect with age and stardom. Maybe it went over their head a bit as they got older and more use to be "the star", not sure.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly almost word for word. Pretty sure his reaction to Manning was played but his acceptance " speech " rang total arrogance/ too cool for the pool. Westbrook on other hand did great and displayed genuine appreciation for award.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch it but I would think they only thing you'd miss was Peyton... ESPY's just don't do anything for me....

How was the wedding?

The wedding was decent. Outside wedding during the hottest part of the day during a 100 degree day is not exactly my ideal set up. So sweated through a few shirts during about a 5 hour period. Ended up then after the wedding taking a couple of days to go tubing down a river and relax with my wife's family so been a fun few days. Kind of nice to disconnect a bit.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wedding was decent. Outside wedding during the hottest part of the day during a 100 degree day is not exactly my ideal set up. So sweated through a few shirts during about a 5 hour period. Ended up then after the wedding taking a couple of days to go tubing down a river and relax with my wife's family so been a fun few days. Kind of nice to disconnect a bit.

Just like my cousins wedding... Not as hot but sweated like crazy