• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peyton had the Best Offensive Teammates in the 2000s; McNabb the worst.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peyton Manning Had the Best Offensive Teammates Among Top Quarterbacks in 2000's; Donovan McNabb Had the Worst

"As it turns out, McNabb does come in with the lowest average teammate score, just ahead of Carson Palmer. My examination, unlike Adam’s, included the offensive line. McNabb’s skill position teammates were the drag on his score, and his offensive line teammates were more in line with others.

At the other end of the spectrum, Peyton Manning’s offensive teammates lap the field. There can be a circular argument when it comes to Approximate Value. The numbers are calculated by taking the team offensive efficiency (the more efficient, the larger the total team number), and then partitioning it among the players on that side of the ball. If Manning increases efficiency more than another quarterback, his teammates should have higher numbers per year.

For some perspective, Manning had 36 different teammate-seasons with an offensive teammate with a career AV above 100. Here are the totals from some other notables on that list:

Funny because most of us pretty much said the same thing for about 10 years.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Andy Reid's great system could have succeeded with any of those QBs from that year. Nabby got pretty lucky and then played like a bitch in 4 post season finales- all losses.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Andy Reid's great system could have succeeded with any of those QBs from that year. Nabby got pretty lucky and then played like a bitch in 4 post season finales- all losses.

This is where you go from being objective, to just mindless. The better option, would have been for the HC to get better receivers for a system that he put in that was, at the time, the most pass happy system in the entire NFL. The 1 year we did, we went to the SB and actually dominated the entire season, getting 4 weeks of rest to key starters, and set both WR and QB franchise records. Yet, you look at McNabb to find fault. On this subject, your blind enut.

All of this doesn't surprise me at all. I said many times in the past, that Peyton wouldn't have had the career he did, if he were in McNabb's shoes because he wouldn't have had that supporting case. To top that off, we have seen that McNabb (that you like to put so much blame on) had a FAR BETTER playoff stats/QB rating in the year we lost the SB, than Peyton did in the year he actually won it. Hence, QB was not the real issue. McNabb was extremely flawed, but he was good enough to win it. If we had the 2004 squad for 3-4 years prior, it's hard to imagine we didn't walk away with 1 or 2 SB rings. That is on the coach!! (much on it on Banner/Lurie for trying to rely so much on system, and not investing in receivers as well - but I still put that on the coach for not raising a stink about it and insisting his system also needed players to run it).

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
side note: Seems I've scored tickets to go to TENN and watch Peyton get inducted in the Univ of Tenn hall of fame this September.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on Enut....this is just stupid. I will be the first to admit that I was and am a Mcnabb supporter. I will also admit that he is not the QB that will carry a team to win a Superbowl. To be honest there are very few that ever could do that. Hell Peyton Manning got his Superbowl wins in spite of his performances. McNabb is not the guy to trust to make the play when it matters most but that does not mean he sucks nor does it mean all the losses are solely on him.

Andy Reid's system is a good system but systems don't win championships. You need players to execute and you need play callers that know what they are doing. KC is no closer to winning the SB under Andy Reid than the Eagles were under him.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were not as good as Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean James Thrash and Todd Pinkston were not as good as Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne?

comeon, you know it was the QB that made those receivers so great. If Peyton had Thrash/Pinkson, they would both be in the hall of fame.