• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peter King's Offseason Power Rankings

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, his playoffs would look like this (if power ranking = success)

AFC
1. Baltimore
2. Kansas City
3. New England
4. Indianapolis
5. PIttsburgh
6. Denver

NFC
1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Philadelphia
4. New Orleans
5. Minnesota
6. Arizona

Interesting. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but it is interesting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rankings are worth about as much as beach front property in Arizona. Especially this early in the process when there is so much that will happen between now and September. Honestly right now I could justify putting about 10 teams in that 1st spot.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That anyone would care what Peter King says

Is this based on the fact that Sports Illustrated is known to keep columnists that nobody wants to read? It's the key to their success...

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Power Rankings are worth about as much as beach front property in Arizona. Especially this early in the process when there is so much that will happen between now and September. Honestly right now I could justify putting about 10 teams in that 1st spot.

I think that's why he clarifies that it's "heading into the summer". Do you want to talk about deflategate some more???

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, his playoffs would look like this (if power ranking = success)

AFC
1. Baltimore
2. Kansas City
3. New England
4. Indianapolis
5. PIttsburgh
6. Denver

NFC
1. Seattle
2. Green Bay
3. Philadelphia
4. New Orleans
5. Minnesota
6. Arizona

Interesting. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but it is interesting.
it is interesting...I think the teams are close...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is interesting...I think the teams are close...

I just have too many questions about Philadelphia, New Orleans or Minnesota making the playoffs. AFC, meh, not sure KC is #2 quality, but nothing to get to excited about with the teams listed being in the hunt.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's why he clarifies that it's "heading into the summer". Do you want to talk about deflategate some more???

I think what make a good team on this list is based on last years deficiencies and have they been addressed? Has the corner situation been addressed in Baltimore? Denvers running game? What will NE do at Corner now that they have lost their players and will it work?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt's at 11 and Ravens at 1 are crazy. Really, any power ranking's now are crazy.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have too many questions about Philadelphia, New Orleans or Minnesota making the playoffs. AFC, meh, not sure KC is #2 quality, but nothing to get to excited about with the teams listed being in the hunt.

Agreed. its early but getting close to mattering he put his list out to front run the others that are pending.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that but there have been plenty of power rankings this early on where a team started out top-10 and finished bottom-5. Happens almost every year.

AS for his thoughts. I can see why he would put the Ravens at the top. They have a great organization, solid players up and down the roster, and championship experience. All things that look good. Me personally this would be my top-10 but again it is worth just as much as that of Peter King

1) Seattle--Added Jimmy Graham to an already potent group. Contract disputes could be a problem as lockerroom unrest could be an issue but I still see Seattle among the best throughout the season.
2) New England--Hard to put the current champs any lower. I'm not big on the whole they should be #1 until somebody beats them kind of thing as this is a whole new season but they still have a very talented roster and will be playing with some fire because of Deflategate.
3) Green Bay--Any team with Aaron Rodgers should be in the top-5 automatically. Throw in he has a pretty darn good team around him and they will be right in it.
4) Denver--Denver has some major question marks with Manning health, change in coaching staff and schemes, but they come in with the most pro bowl players of any team in the league.
5) Pittsburgh--Again another Championship team with great veteran presence. The offense should easily be top-5 if no the best in the NFL. Defense has some major question marks so have to see what happens there but I like there chances to be in every game.
6) Baltimore--The race for the AFC North should be one of the best this year.
7) Indy--Luck should have a great year with all of his weapons if his OL can be even mediocre. Throw in easy division and they might be the easiest team to predict that they are for sure making the playoffs.
8) Arizona--I love the fight of this team. Palmer being healthy at least at this time makes them look like somebody who could push Seattle for tops in the NFC West. Health is huge for them though.
9) Dallas--This team could be the top team in the league or they could be another 8-8 team. Hard to really read what is going to happen here. That OL though and Romo at the helm gives them a chance to be something special.
10) San Diego--Rivers at the helm, good OL to run behind, and some playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. They will be tough week in and week out.

There you go Money. Something more to talk about. I understand this is all we really have at this time of year. I didn't mean to rain on your parade. Just Power Rankings always crack me up. I'm just glad the NFL isn't like that of college football in the sense of those in the top-10 to start the year are the only ones with any real shot of making the Championship.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure. I ran my own test using my air bed while camping a couple of weekends back and was able to conclude positively the bed deflated as it got colder out. CASE CLOSED!:yes:

Last edited:

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go Money. Something more to talk about. I understand this is all we really have at this time of year. I didn't mean to rain on your parade. Just Power Rankings always crack me up. I'm just glad the NFL isn't like that of college football in the sense of those in the top-10 to start the year are the only ones with any real shot of making the Championship.

Thank you. Yes, rankings are ridiculous. So are threads about which QBs are "elite" or not. Deflate-Gate speaks for itself. You didn't rain on my parade.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:facepalm3: