• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Deboer On The Hot Seat?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't heard anything but should he be? Would a coaching change help this team? Hurt this team?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last yr looked better on the hot seat...

this year/start, i'd like to think so however I personally have a poor view on our roster personnel. If I have an idea of what PDB wants to do, the primary guys that logs the bigger ice time aren't suitable or the right guys...

basically I see old and slow players out there who barely make it through 3 periods that play finesse and doesn't hustle all game loggin the bigger ice time....

idk what a new coach would do different....

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I haven't heard anything yet either. He might be. Although, if you remove Camm, Havlat, Henrique, and now Clowe from your lineup, and have to play the last 3 teams we played, it's a shitty spot.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
a coaching change isnt going to help this team right now anyway.

this team literally cant keep up on an nhl level. i dont care if they brought in torts and pushed these guys til they passed out in practice you can only get so much out of 35+ year olds! its really insanely sad how bad this organization has gotten.

but dont sweat it nothing will change i expect elias to get a phat 3 year contract offer in the off season.

not sure if pdb is to blame. everyone knows lou has his say in everything on this team. so if this was a different gm i would say yeah blame the coach but honestly look at what lou has given him to work with. we also dont know if lou is telling him to play cory not bench salvador etc

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know what really sucks. If our PK wasn't historically awful, we would be doing just fun. Ridiculous.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. The team looks like they have stopped listening to the coach. No enthusiasm top to bottom. In addition....

The PK is horrendous (coaching), Bad fundamentals (coaching). I am under no illusion that this is a great team but it is certainly a better team than what they have shown

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree. The team looks like they have stopped listening to the coach. No enthusiasm top to bottom. In addition....

The PK is horrendous (coaching), Bad fundamentals (coaching). I am under no illusion that this is a great team but it is certainly a better team than what they have shown

I pretty much agree with this.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But this is a team that is full of vets not a bunch of kid rookies. Pdb has been the coach for 4 years now this isn't some rookie coach in year 1. Bringing in another coach isnt going to make any of these guys better. Hell we had a fantastic pk last year but sucks this year. Guess you can blame the assistant but not pdb. New coach Elias is all of a sudden play better? Jagr will become 35? Salvador stop doing stupid plays?

Make the change if its a young team and they need to change the system the coach is trying. I dont even know what this team's system is? What will a new coach try to change mid season? Just say torts comes in everyone will be blocking shots? Boucher comes in and tries to run a Tampa uptempo offense with old farts?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Starting Cory and the vets non stop I would blame pdb but like i said i dont kmow how mch lou has to say about that stuff.

Any other team in the NHL I would fire him but Lou is def pulling some strings

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But this is a team that is full of vets not a bunch of kid rookies. Pdb has been the coach for 4 years now this isn't some rookie coach in year 1. Bringing in another coach isnt going to make any of these guys better. Hell we had a fantastic pk last year but sucks this year. Guess you can blame the assistant but not pdb. New coach Elias is all of a sudden play better? Jagr will become 35? Salvador stop doing stupid plays?

Make the change if its a young team and they need to change the system the coach is trying. I dont even know what this team's system is? What will a new coach try to change mid season? Just say torts comes in everyone will be blocking shots? Boucher comes in and tries to run a Tampa uptempo offense with old farts?

Agreed. PK has been tops in league with PDB, now all of a sudden he forgot to coach? maybe its more personnel, and the fact that special teams coaches aren't the same?

Also, on the Cory subject, if you guys were coach, would you seriously start Clemmer? No way in hell I would. Who signed that mistake? Lou.
Thats a reason Cory has been starting. I would start Kinkaid tonight though.

I am no Lou basher, but he has made more mistakes than good moves for a while now.
Easy to blame the coach. Not saying he is great, but even Lemaire in coaching prime or Scotty Bowman isn't going to fix all the problems and transform this team to a cup contender.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The vets are the ones who have stopped listening. It's not that they will get better it's that a change makes a difference in attitude etc.