• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Might Be in Deep Shit Again

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the head coach that only hires people who have hot wives.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see ESPN finally changed it from a Report to Lawyers after they get everyone's attention.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Penn State and am laughing at all the posters that thought Texas should have hired Franklin.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm not sure there is much there to be honest. The hostess stuff is obviously scummy, but whatever other schools do it, if you want to get top 5 recruiting classes that's how it's done. But I wouldn't be at all shocked if Franklin did something inappropriate, he always seemed a little slimy, too much of a salesman for his own good.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm not sure there is much there to be honest. The hostess stuff is obviously scummy, but whatever other schools do it, if you want to get top 5 recruiting classes that's how it's done. But I wouldn't be at all shocked if Franklin did something inappropriate, he always seemed a little slimy, too much of a salesman for his own good.

It is a violation, so there is that. Franklin clearly did something inappropriate by contacting the victim. Maybe his intentions were good, but it was a bad step to make and will not be well received. The big issue is he is at PSU. If this picks up steam and Franklin gets accused of interfering in a sexual assualt investigation, how can PSU stand behind him? It would be bad at any school, but a complete disaster at PSU

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I missed the other thread. Mods should delete this

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a violation, so there is that. Franklin clearly did something inappropriate by contacting the victim. Maybe his intentions were good, but it was a bad step to make and will not be well received. The big issue is he is at PSU. If this picks up steam and Franklin gets accused of interfering in a sexual assualt investigation, how can PSU stand behind him? It would be bad at any school, but a complete disaster at PSU

Not all violations are considered equal. Now is this going to be a major violation because he is in the B1G now or is it going to be a minor one because it happened at an SEC school?

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hqdefault.jpg

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a fan of his anyway. Always felt there was something scummy about him when he was at Vandy.
I can attest to him acting like an asshole when he was at K-State. Smarmy comes to mind.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all violations are considered equal. Now is this going to be a major violation because he is in the B1G now or is it going to be a minor one because it happened at an SEC

Regardless its a violation, but the hostess stuff will not get the major attention. It will be a perceived role in covering up a r*pe that makes this real ugly for Penn State. Has nothing do with Big10 or SEC

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't get behind that narrative. So it's not a big deal because we assume most coaches are scumbags, but PSU is different because in the past they had something really bad happen. I just don't see how that makes any sense. Shouldn't we be equally as outraged by scumbag coaches no matter where they coach? To much principals over principles for my taste.

I don't even think actual people care, but the media sees this as red meat, so they will push it either way.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get behind that narrative. So it's not a big deal because we assume most coaches are scumbags, but PSU is different because in the past they had something really bad happen. I just don't see how that makes any sense. Shouldn't we be equally as outraged by scumbag coaches no matter where they coach? To much principals over principles for my taste.

I don't even think actual people care, but the media sees this as red meat, so they will push it either way.

Your last part about the media proves my pt. In a perfect world history wouldnt factor in to this, but we dont live in a perfect world

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your last part about the media proves my pt. In a perfect world history wouldnt factor in to this, but we dont live in a perfect world

Gotcha, agreed.

And I know listening to Pittsburgh sports radio, it's already a topic. Heard some guy talking about it last night.