• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn St Decommits/Transfers thread.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are most of those seniors and juniors or have you had some underclassmen also committ to stay?

Mostly upperclassmen out of the 35(ish) so far, but a number of 2013 recruits will also be honoring their commitment as far as right now as well.

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feldman just tweeted that multiple sources say Arizona State is pursuing Ben Kline and Nyem Wartman (LB's)

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the NFL step up and assure the Penn St players that they will have the same chance to be drafted from PSU as they would elsewhere.

This seems obvious but I still believe it would serve a purpose and put the NCAA in its place as well. I personally would love to see PSU remain highly competitive through the next 4 years.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the NFL step up and assure the Penn St players that they will have the same chance to be drafted from PSU as they would elsewhere.

This seems obvious but I still believe it would serve a purpose and put the NCAA in its place as well. I personally would love to see PSU remain highly competitive through the next 4 years.

:)

yeodonie

Small Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten just tweeted that there will not be any PSU player representation at the B1G media days.

No Redd, No Urschel No Hill.

That's not good.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten just tweeted that there will not be any PSU player representation at the B1G media days.

That's not good.

What is the point in that? Don't want them questioned about leaving?

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not good.

What is the point in that? Don't want them questioned about leaving?

Bon, it's probably damage control...

I suspect it is being done to spare the kids having to deal with the Paraná who are looking to swarm on anything they can regarding PSU.

Also; Lou, I believe from what I am hearing that PSU will be fine this year and possibly next couple. They will feel the recruiting limit in years 3 and 4 and so on, but I believe they will be competitive this year and next. They may even have an edge to them....

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bon, it's probably damage control...

I suspect it is being done to spare the kids having to deal with the Paraná who are looking to swarm on anything they can regarding PSU.

Also; Lou, I believe from what I am hearing that PSU will be fine this year and possibly next couple. They will feel the recruiting limit in years 3 and 4 and so on, but I believe they will be competitive this year and next. They may even have an edge to them....

Nice to see someone is interested in protecting them.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it probably has a lot to do with avoiding having coaches swarm them and put a ton of pressure on them, too.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its too late for that apparently

I don't know, unfortunately it could get a lot worse.

I still think this is kind of bullshit, though. These kids don't deserve to be on the outs for this.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all of the tweets and general statements from the players, it seems as though many have been put off by the whole process of coaches standing outside of their apartments (not sure if thats literal or figurative) but it really seems to be legitimitely pissing them off that the NCAA has allowed all of that to happen & turning them off of the idea of leaving. I'm sure that the new recruits and unseasoned youngins will be more likely to think about leaving or going elsewhere, but these vultures are going after the more established talent currently and subsequently could be pissing off the new generation in the process. The other teams should have never been allowed to contact PSU players.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all of the tweets and general statements from the players, it seems as though many have been put off by the whole process of coaches standing outside of their apartments (not sure if thats literal or figurative) but it really seems to be legitimitely pissing them off that the NCAA has allowed all of that to happen & turning them off of the idea of leaving. I'm sure that the new recruits and unseasoned youngins will be more likely to think about leaving or going elsewhere, but these vultures are going after the more established talent currently and subsequently could be pissing off the new generation in the process. The other teams should have never been allowed to contact PSU players.

Technically it should not have been allowed, but there are clearly no rules in this whatsoever.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically it should not have been allowed, but there are clearly no rules in this whatsoever.

Provide interested players a list of team contacts & phone numbers if interested, but don't let their phones ring off the hook unsolicited. More guys might have left already if they did it this way. The NCAA is moronic beyond comprehension.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other teams should have never been allowed to contact PSU players.

I agree. The situation was "unprecedented," it should have come with "unprecedented" stipulations. The point of allowing players to transfer without penalty was for their sake...and it should have been up to the players to decide if they wanted to talk to teams.

I hope these guys stick it out. They still have scholarships. They still get 10-11 games a year to show what they've got. I don't much like the idea of losing to Penn State but still getting the CCG, but as a Wisconsin fan I sure as hell hope everyone realizes it's still a meaningful game, and I would like to see my Penn State comrades have hope for the future.