• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Penguins @ Capitals

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not our night. I'd say good game, Penguins, but fuck that.

;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

;)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can tell he's serious because he said it twice.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

;)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...that was fun. The passing on that goal was somethin'. I know Geno is in a goal scoring slump (he realllllly needs to stop passing up good shooting opps), but the man is producing. He's had some great assists in the past few games, and he's most certainly been a factor.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a nice shot.

Why do the Pens have Malkin on the high point on the PP? Makes NO sense to me.

*shrugs* No idea why they do anything when it comes to the powerplay. Most of the PP decisions are head scratchers to me. They seem to struggle with places to put each guy, because both Sid and Geno like the boards, Kunitz in front, Neal on the opposite side/roaming. Basically leaves the odd man on the point, aka one of Sid or Geno. Geno's had a couple deflected shots go in from the point of late, so who knows. I'd prefer it to be Letang and Martin back there. Both 100% capable of producing offensively and managing from the point. Maatta getting some chances on the second unit too.

I think Beau had his best game in a long time tonight. Was very visible on the ice, which is important if he wants to keep on that top line (PLEASE KEEP HIM THERE DAN...PLEASE)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*shrugs* No idea why they do anything when it comes to the powerplay. Most of the PP decisions are head scratchers to me. They seem to struggle with places to put each guy, because both Sid and Geno like the boards, Kunitz in front, Neal on the opposite side/roaming. Basically leaves the odd man on the point, aka one of Sid or Geno. Geno's had a couple deflected shots go in from the point of late, so who knows. I'd prefer it to be Letang and Martin back there. Both 100% capable of producing offensively and managing from the point. Maatta getting some chances on the second unit too.

I think Beau had his best game in a long time tonight. Was very visible on the ice, which is important if he wants to keep on that top line (PLEASE KEEP HIM THERE DAN...PLEASE)

Beau seems to mesh well with Sid. He's a really smart player, thinks the game at about Sid's pace, and I think they should stick with that line for a while.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beau seems to mesh well with Sid. He's a really smart player, thinks the game at about Sid's pace, and I think they should stick with that line for a while.

Really like Sid with BB as well. Maybe Dup can work it better with the GeNeal line. Also nice to see Brian Gibbons play last night, big fan of Brian Gibbons.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy that Bylsma made the move honestly...I've given him loads of crap for not making adjustments (he...really doesn't make them often), but this is one that he has to give a chance. With Sid performing at a high rate, and if Beau continues to shine, I'd probably consider putting Duper on Sid's line and Kunitz on Geno's. I doubt that happens because there's a Kunitz-Crosby relationship that they likely won't break up, but I think it'd sure get Geno going.