• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peanut Tillman Retires

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised nobody posted this. Peanut is my favorite Bear of all-time. For years, he shut down elite receivers, yet still managed to get a ton of tackles and was two picks away from being the only 40/40 (FF/INTs) in history.

I think the fact that nobody else really appreciated him made us Bears fans love him all the more. Peanut was an anchor on three Bears teams that had the best defenses in the league (05, 06, 10). He didn't make the Pro Bowl any of this years. Instead of complaining or holding out, he just kept working. In 2012, when he was physically past his prime, he was one of the best five players in the league.

He will be missed as a fantastic player and person. He should be a borderline Hall of Famer. He won't be. It doesn't matter. We know what we saw, which was a legend and a winner.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear icon. One of my all-time faves. Great player and person.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smart, he got stiffed last year, there was a better way to spend 3 million dollars than half a season playing and the other half helping continue the growth of fuller to give the man the respect he deserved so close to it being over. Peanut will make a great coach some day if thats what he chooses.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Peanut. Awesome player, better person... one of my favorites too.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Smart, he got stiffed last year, there was a better way to spend 3 million dollars than half a season playing and the other half helping continue the growth of fuller to give the man the respect he deserved so close to it being over. Peanut will make a great coach some day if thats what he chooses.
SMH.... the cluelessness is astounding. Welcome back to football boys!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hats off to a great career for a helluva player and person, I always wished the Steelers could've taken notice and drafted him. Dude had the most active hands I've ever seen on a defensive back; he was ALWAYS digging for that ball, but almost never let the ball carrier slip out of the tackle if he couldn't force a TO. Great instincts, great attitude.

Godspeed, Peanut, enjoy your retirement!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dafuq are you talking about??

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears showed no class not even offering Peanut a deal. The team was not heading towards the playoffs learning a new defense. Fuller regressed badly not having Peanut here.

What is the problem understanding? I just dont want to hear all the people here who said fuck peanut last season telling me how great of a player he was.

I guess you guys prefer a dead board here because you sure keep wanting it to go back to no new posts.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears showed no class not even offering Peanut a deal. The team was not heading towards the playoffs learning a new defense. Fuller regressed badly not having Peanut here.

What is the problem understanding? I just dont want to hear all the people here who said fuck peanut last season telling me how great of a player he was.

I guess you guys prefer a dead board here because you sure keep wanting it to go back to no new posts.

I'd rather have a dead board than to have to read your repetitive anti-Bears blather. I don't know if I've ever seen a fan hate his team so much??

"Oh noes!?! The Bears didn't re-sign a 13 year vet because of their emotional attachment to him!? Fuck them, and all the fans are no longer allowed to like said player either, because I said so!"

STFU

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was all for not resigning an aging and evermore injury prone Tillman. I had zero problem with him going else where. I still am allowed to respect what he did here, and appreciate that he was an awesome ball hawk and stand up person in general.
I also have the ability to be objective though............

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where somebody could get the idea he was unappreciated by the rest of the league. Or fans.

Dude was incredible and we all knew it.

I never even disliked the guy and I usually hate your kickers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where somebody could get the idea he was unappreciated by the rest of the league. Or fans.

Dude was incredible and we all knew it.

I never even disliked the guy and I usually hate your kickers.

lulz

I think the sentiment of him being underappreciated comes from the fact that he only made 2 pro bowls, and those were late in his career.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That fucking classless group of twats, known as Bears management, in their usual classless manner, signed Tillman to a 1-day contract so that he could retire a Bear.

What a bunch of boorish c unts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a great corner, a great guy and extremely underrated throughout his career. Often overshadowed by Urlacher, Briggs etc... Along with the flash in the pan, that was Nate Vasher for 2-3 years. Contributed to him not making pro bowls. The general public and "average Joe" football fan didn't know his name until 2012 when he forced fumbles at a record rate. When Briggs and Urlacher finally began fading a bit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peanut wanted a team that was heading towards the playoffs...

The Bears needed to get younger...

What is the problem with your understanding? My fucking god.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fav all time Bear. I would love to see him get into coaching. I would love to see the Bears get him his start in coaching. If he became a backfield coach, I could see him teaching the peanut punch to a whole backfield. That would be very interesting for sure.