• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Peach Bowl: Washington vs Alabama, ESPN, 12pm PST

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7e3189cd17.jpg
Not a bad basketball score, especially since the 3rd stringers were playing in the 4th quarter.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW pulled their starters halfway through the 3rd qtr.
No they didn't. And why was Browning in earlier games in the 4th throwing the ball 40 yards down field late in the 4th up by multiple touchdowns? Seriously, why?

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jeezuz!!!! I was in the middle of eating lunch when I pulled up this post and her ugly face. no longer have an appetite :puke:
She's looking at you.

She wants you.

blazer prophet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, sports fans. Gotta run to work for a while. I hope to catch the start of the game and provide honest but pithy (UW fans, you can look that word up) commentary.

GO TIDE!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. You rightly point out that UW runs up the score whenever possible. Let's see them run up the score on Alabama. Let us know how that works out.

Yes, because after all, UW getting curbstomped by Bama will somehow magically mean that 70-21 didn't happen. :L

and lol @ a Ducks fan criticizing another team for running up the score.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because after all, UW getting curbstomped by Bama will somehow magically mean that 70-21 didn't happen. :L

Thanks TF I was biting my tongue trying to focus on my team today instead of worrying about someone who's teams in the cereal bowl today!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of their fans questions even looking forward to this game, the other is crying about running up scores.

The universe is back in order and the ducks are where they belong.

:suds:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon fans remind me of Hillary supporters. They just won't up and die like they should after it's all over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of their fans questions even looking forward to this game, the other is crying about running up scores.

The universe is back in order and the ducks are where they belong.

:suds:

lol

At least the Huskies didn't drop 70 on some FCS team like the Ducks would.

Oh wait...

:dhd:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....youre looking forward to this...?
You'd trade to be in our shoes in a fucking new york second and you know it.

Our fans are fully at peace. This team is completely playing with house money. Not one person outside of our area expects UW to even fully compete. There is zero pressure. They had all of those extra practices to prepare for this game and GET BETTER FOR NEXT YEAR. How did your bowl practices go? The exposure of being on the national stage is a massive boost to recruiting. Petersen getting here in just his 3rd season with such a young team means when he's standing there in a recruits living room he's got a lot of ammo to pull them in.

If you want to look for nerves, look at bama fans. Sure, most are probably super confident, but I assure you some are nervous. A loss here would be devastating to them given the expectation and all this talk about being the best team ever.

We get to just chill and once again watch a day filled with people talking about OUR program on the national stage. It's all icing on the cake.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd trade to be in our shoes in a fucking new york second and you know it.

Our fans are fully at peace. This team is completely playing with house money. Not one person outside of our area expects UW to even fully compete. There is zero pressure. They had all of those extra practices to prepare for this game and GET BETTER FOR NEXT YEAR. How did your bowl practices go? The exposure of being on the national stage is a massive boost to recruiting. Petersen getting here in just his 3rd season with such a young team means when he's standing there in a recruits living room he's got a lot of ammo to pull them in.

If you want to look for nerves, look at bama fans. Sure, most are probably super confident, but I assure you some are nervous. A loss here would be devastating to them given the expectation and all this talk about being the best team ever.

We get to just chill and once again watch a day filled with people talking about OUR program on the national stage. It's all icing on the cake.

I don't think the Huskies will win, but there are a lot of elements leading up to this game that you look for in an upset. If Bama doesn't take UW seriously and allows them to build a little early momentum, things could be very interesting.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Huskies will win, but there are a lot of elements leading up to this game that you look for in an upset. If Bama doesn't take UW seriously and allows them to build a little early momentum, things could be very interesting.
Bama's been there before though - two years ago, they bought into the hype that they were so much better than their hapless OSU opponent, and they were subsequently burned.

I expect them to be focused and ready.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's been there before though - two years ago, they bought into the hype that they were so much better than their hapless OSU opponent, and they were subsequently burned.

I expect them to be focused and ready.

I do too. I said the elements were there, not that Bama wouldn't be prepared for them.

I think it's going to be a closer game than most expect, but not close enough that the game will be in doubt late.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect both defenses to play well. A funny bounce here or a timely turnover there and who knows? :noidea:

Browning would have to have the game of his life to pull this off and I don't have a lot of faith he will. Still an awesome chance to see where your program is at against the biggest test you can possibly ask for.

I have that bad flu going around. Was very sick last night. Wife wanted to take me to the hospital, but fuck that. They all left for a family breakfast that was planned a long time ago that I wasn't happy about having to go to anyway. Now I get to sit home and watch all of the action leading up to this game.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My own observations leading up to this thing:

Bama's weakness on defense is in the secondary. On offense, their young QB is mistake-prone and turns over the ball too readily, and their running game isn't as strong as usual.

Special teams are hit-and-miss.