• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

paxton lynch to the.....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in the last few days ive seen him going to the browns, jets, saints, bills, cowboys, etc.

teams trading up into the top ten to pick him or dropping back into the second round.

where does the truth lie?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where will Paxton Lynch end up?
Phil Simms and Steve Beuerlein -- two of my colleagues over at CBS Sports Network and two former NFL quarterbacks whose opinions I truly respect -- both have told me over the last few weeks that they believe Lynch is the second-best quarterback in the draft behind Wentz. The Memphis product is a lock to go in Round 1, but how high?

He wouldn't get past the Jets at No. 20. In fact, I think he'd be in play for the Bills at No. 19. But I'll also be surprised if he makes it that far.

I think Lynch is in the mix for the QB-starved Browns at No. 8. (I still can't believe they traded out of the No. 2 pick with a chance to draft Wentz.) I also think Lynch makes sense for New Orleans if the Saints are looking to draft Sean Payton's quarterback of the future at No. 12. That could be the ideal situation for the 6-foot-7, 244-pound signal caller, who has the raw tools but could take some time to develop at the NFL level.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Saints draft a QB after they drafted Grayson last year?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles!!!:pound:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles!!!:pound:
Is Jared Goff a lock at No. 1?

It sure sounds like it. My colleague Michael Silver, who's really plugged in when it comes to Jeff Fisher's Rams, has been calling a Goff selection ever since L.A. traded into the No. 1 pick. Los Angeles Times NFL writer Sam Farmer initially thought Carson Wentz would be the pick -- but he's since changed his tune to Goff. And yes, our Mock Draft Central has turned into Jared Goff Central, with every single analyst predicting the Cal signal caller comes off the board first.

If this is indeed the pick, I believe it's a mistake for the Rams. Wentz is the best quarterback -- with the most upside -- in this draft class. I've expressed these feelings throughout the pre-draft process, citing various NFL decision makers who support the notion, including one personnel director who texted, "He's Joe Flacco, but a better athlete. I think he will be better than Flacco." The former North Dakota State star has what it takes to emerge as a true franchise quarterback -- great news for the Philadelphia Eagles, who'll happily scoop him up with the No. 2 overall pick.

Yes, for the third time in the past five seasons, the first two selections will be committed to quarterbacks.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a Denver radio station, Schefter made a steak dinner bet with one of the hosts that Lynch would not be drafted in the first round. So he must be pretty convinced.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a Denver radio station, Schefter made a steak dinner bet with one of the hosts that Lynch would not be drafted in the first round. So he must be pretty convinced.
did the host think the broncos would take him?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't make sense for the Browns to take Lynch there at 8. They could have taken a better QB at 2 but opted out of it.

It would be nonsensical to then use your early first rounder on an even lesser QB at 8 when there are solid skill position players needed and available.