• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots @ Broncos Sunday Night Football 11/29/2015

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that was a terrible holding call on Chung. If anything that should have been offensive pi (IF ANYTHING....) to me that's a no call, period. Besides Os was sacked before the call even happened. Such crap

I would counter that though with the holding call on Mathis where he pancaked his guy to the ground. He had perfect technique with hands inside the shoulder pads and was helped when the Center came over and chipped the defender a little knocking him to the ground. Not sure how in the world they can call that holding.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would counter that though with the holding call on Mathis where he pancaked his guy to the ground. He had perfect technique with hands inside the shoulder pads and was helped when the Center came over and chipped the defender a little knocking him to the ground. Not sure how in the world they can call that holding.

exactly another reason why I am so baffled as to what is or isn't a holding call in the NFL

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriot haters have been wrenching their hands and for 10 months. Last night the football gods answered their prayers and it took a Hurclean effort into overtime to beat them. I'm going to church and pray that the Pats don't lose again, get Gronk, Amendola and Edelman back on offense and Collins and Hightower back on defense.

Let Denver come to Foxboro for the AFC Championship and play the first string.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly another reason why I am so baffled as to what is or isn't a holding call in the NFL

Oh I agree. I've watched Von Miller spin guys out of their shoes to have an OL player then jump on his back right before he gets to the QB multiple times this year yet rarely has he got the call. I've seen Chris Harris get called for holding when he barely touches a receiver yet I've seen Emmanuel Sanders get ripped to the ground by a defender and nothing is called. There definitely is just no consistency from one staff to the next or even one call to the next. I will say they were calling a lot more of the ticky tack calls. I think Talib got called for PI or Holding a few times where I thought he made a nice play. So that call in the end zone against the Pats kind of fits with how they were calling the game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriot haters have been wrenching their hands and for 10 months. Last night the football gods answered their prayers and it took a Hurclean effort into overtime to beat them. I'm going to church and pray that the Pats don't lose again, get Gronk, Amendola and Edelman back on offense and Collins and Hightower back on defense.

I guess I better counter that with praying that the Broncos get back Vasquez, Ware, Ward, and Sly and can get Mathis actually healthy before the playoffs. Neither team was playing with their best roster last night.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are the most fined team in football right now. Coaches have been emphasizing staying away from the upper body as it has lead to a ton of penalties for illegal hits. So it is go low and have a legal hit and not be fined or go high and get fined plus have a crucial penalty. This to me is a league issue not a is this play dirty issue.

Yes, this is my point. It is legal and preferred to getting fines and penalties.
It is not (usually) any specific player that is playing dirty by going low.
In my opinion, it can be a season and career ending tactic that should be illegal to tackle at the knees, especially if the defender is not trying to wrap up the runners legs but only throw a shoulder sideways into the knee.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

"How long must the innocent suffer?"

~ BigKen

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos played a good game, but they had a shitload of help from the officials. Calls were not even across the board. At the end, the holding call on Chung was pure bullshit.

The Pats tying the game to send it into overtime was pure Bradyism. The play that the Broncos ran to win it was genius. Pats were expecting a pass and Anderson got outside the containment and broke a tackle to make an outstanding run.

Again, another nobody (Stewart) takes out Gronkowski's knee on hit when he didn't even have the ball. Personally, I've said this before, those low hits on receivers are cheap shots.

Apparently TJ Ward taught his guys well.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp..at least Goofdell woke up a happy bastard this morning.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we don't see that officiating crew again. Of course, the way things are going league-wide, we could get worse.

Just hopeful this doesn't impact seeding

Last edited:

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trouble with the Chung foul is the trouble with the defensive holding issue in general. It's just inconsistently enforced. You'll see games where contact exists all over the place and nothing is called in the spirit of letting them play and then those where suddenly someone like Chung's hand check is a foul. Sometimes in the same game.

Same with offensive PI and regular PI. The rules change from moment to moment. The refs have no clue. There needs to be some thought on consistency in a way that will make it easier.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course all of this is the Patriots fault... ;) It was in the 2003 and 2004 playoffs where the Patriots physically abused the Colts and Polian whined to the competition committee to create the dreaded "points of emphasis" on defensive holding.

You know, the same committee that Jim Haurbach complained to when Belichick exposed Harbaugh's coaching abilities in last years division playoff game.

The same one Jeff "protocol, what protocol?" Fischer is on.

See a pattern?

vinapats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why my post got deleted but I gotta said watching NE last couple of weeks is like watching the WWE. The refs do everything in their power to make sure no NE's victory. Every so called "close calls" were against 1 team. I think Kraft need to do something about it, either sent in the tapes and file complains or using the media to shout out to the world. Last night in 1 occasion they don't even show the replays in some calls against NE.

We can't compare DEN's injury to NE's, it's like nights and days. NE loss the whole offense (OL, RB, WR, TE) and their 2 best defensive players. I think this is a lucky win for an overated DEN team. With homefield advantage, refs advantage, health advantage and a lot of uncommon lack of focus on football recovery. They missed a bunch of football recovery last night. Chung dropped an easy interception in the redzone. This is one of a freak game similar to those NYG games.

Eventhough this QB for DEN is playing better than Manning (Manning is 1 of the worst QB this year in every QB rankings and stats), I still think NE exposed DEN weakness in the coverage skills of their linebackers. Teams scared of DEN's front and stay home to blocks. NE spread out and attacks, forced their LBs to cover. I think this will be the blueprint for SD and other teams to copy.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - they're doing alot of yaking in social media, current and former Broncos... nothing would please me more than to end them in post-season. Hopefully in Foxboro.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to make an excuse for this team. You can all throw the excuses into a bowl: banged up OL, lack of WR, no running game. No Collins, then no Hightower. Gronk got hurt, the ball bounced in Denver's way. Refs were terrible....sure, sure.....Bottom line, this team blew up! Up with under 3 min left an the offense could not execute, and the def could not stop them. Why in the fuck are you throwing it to Gronk on that 1st down? We needed to use up clock. You end the first with 3 straight runs, then you pass 3 straight times to try and close out the game? Are you fucking serious. Holding penalty on that scrub Cannon, and we are forced to punt with hardly any time off the clock. You shut down Den offense for 57 minutes, then give up a big pass to DT, then a bomb to Sanders? Now we can't tackle CJ on a sweep? Really?

I will say this...I feel a hell of a lot more confident in this team now then I did before. Get healthy and this team can win in anyone's house during the playoffs. With all these issues they have going on....they had the lead vs the best Def in the league, and lost by 6 with no running game and a hampered passing game.

BUT....they blew it.

vinapats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You loss Collins but you replace him with off-injured Mayo, which is not a big drop off. But the loss of Hightower is hurt. DEN start to have life in their offense after Hightower was out. The defense is gassed in the snow, can't survive the loss of top players. DEN defense is gassed too but at that point the whole offense of NE is injured and it's a mess. They heavily injured in all position on offense except for QB (RB, WR, TE, OL).

Yeah they blew it but because of the lack of focus on those fumble recovery. If they recover 1 fumble, they would have won. It's like they just close their eye and dive to the football without the concentration to grab it. Chung dropped an interception that my son (playing DB in high school) would have caught easily.

I don't care about play calls. NE never run out the clock when they can't run the ball well in the game. See the PIT game (0 run in the 2nd half), 1st BUF game. They agressively play to win, not to "not to lose" like McCoy and my SD. That's what I admire about NE.

Couple of weeks ago my gf who is a NE fan told me that Goodell and the league try everything to stop NE from going undefeated and win the SB. The situation is turned out to be NFL and Goodel vs NE. If NE go undefeated it's like a big FU to Goodell's face. I don't believe it and laugh it off.

But after watching last couple of NE's games, especially the DEN game. I begin to think the suspicion is valid. After the Sunday's game, next week to the end of the regular season the refs going to get better. They have succeed in stopping NE from going undefeated. But in the playoff, NE probably need to blow out everyone to secure the victory. If the game is close, they probably gonna lose.

It's not what you call, but when you call it. When every important calls, critical calls in close games, motenmum change moments, 4th quarter, OT were against 1 team. That team probably has no chance. Look at FIFA soccer. That's the way to fixed game. Before the federal got involve, everyone in the world thought that FIFA is legimate. If the playoff turned out to be like that I think Kraft and his family should do some lobby to get the federal to investigate the league.