• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Mahomes’ QB Mt. Rushmore

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most “talented” QBs I’ve ever seen had ten cent heads. As just pure talent, I’m calling out Jeff George, Vince Young, and JaMarcus Russell. Those guys had crazy athletic talents and abilities but varying degrees of dumb ass that got in their way.

Before anybody puts me on the short bus, understand that I’m not putting up these dudes to even be tour guides that are allowed to guide patrons through the display of a QB Mt Rushmore. I’m just talking about God given ability like arm talent and the like.

I think of Mike Vick before any of those three.

In addition to supreme talent, at least one could argue Vick was actually good/impactful for a time, though overhyped.

He was a magician as a runner and flashed potential as a passer with that arm he had, but being focused on "other things" during the week, he was never really consistent before going to prison.

Had he cared enough, he might have dominated in today's game with the way the rules and offensive schemes have evolved over the past 20 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might still put Unitas on that list too but those 3 you mentioned for sure. I might go with Jim Kelly for the modern era.
Unitas and Kelly are also both on that list as well. Unitas had more accomplishments and Kelly just couldn’t get over the hump. Imagine if he wins 2 out of 4.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most “talented” QBs I’ve ever seen had ten cent heads. As just pure talent, I’m calling out Jeff George, Vince Young, and JaMarcus Russell. Those guys had crazy athletic talents and abilities but varying degrees of dumb ass that got in their way.

Before anybody puts me on the short bus, understand that I’m not putting up these dudes to even be tour guides that are allowed to guide patrons through the display of a QB Mt Rushmore. I’m just talking about God given ability like arm talent and the like.
Cunningham deserves to close to that too. Rocket arm and pretty damn athletic. Not as athletic as those guys listed but shit, he nearly ran for 1K yards one season

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The greatest QB of all time is Otto Graham. Fight me, I will die on this hill

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unitas and Kelly are also both on that list as well. Unitas had more accomplishments and Kelly just couldn’t get over the hump. Imagine if he wins 2 out of 4.
The biggest knock on Kelly was that he threw a lot of picks. He was definitely a gunslinger and not afraid to take chances but he had undeniable talent.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think of Mike Vick before any of those three.

In addition to supreme talent, at least one could argue Vick was actually good/impactful for a time, though overhyped.

He was a magician as a runner and flashed potential as a passer with that arm he had, but being focused on "other things" during the week, he was never really consistent before going to prison.

Had he cared enough, he might have dominated in today's game with the way the rules and offensive schemes have evolved over the past 20 years.
i,d put a lot of people on that list before jeff george who was pathetic in dc.on fairness,the older guys like unitas were better than the latter qbs like kelly.they had the guts to keep playing no matter how much they hurt or what the score was.you just don,t see that kind of play anymore.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

200w.gif

Has anyone ever had this take that has actually seen Graham play? My Grandpa (A Browns fan, like my dad is) saw him play, and he still would have been on the Johnny Unitas hill. He died in 2017, but still had most of his faculties, especially when it came to sports.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Graham played 10 seasons and played in 10 championships, winning 7. I'll take that resume all day long.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a Mount Rushmore of QBs in the HOF who didn't win a Super Bowl (played in the Super Bowl era). The list is pretty short. The options are...
Dan Fouts
Sonny Jurgensen
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Warren Moon
Fran Tarkenton

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a Mount Rushmore of QBs in the HOF who didn't win a Super Bowl (played in the Super Bowl era). The list is pretty short. The options are...
Dan Fouts
Sonny Jurgensen
Jim Kelly
Dan Marino
Warren Moon
Fran Tarkenton
No Jurgensen, he never won a playoff game.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers had a higher IQ than probably 95% of the league. He was easily the greatest QB of all time in terms of his peak. However, his own ego and pride allowed him to develop bad habits and tendencies he refused to correct over the years except the holding onto the ball for too long. The tendencies include (not always taking what the defense gives him, throwing bombs to frequently on third or fourth and short, force feeding it to one dude especially in the postseason making them predictable (Mainly Adams from 18-21), going away from his throwing mechanics, holding onto the ball too long, and allowing the refs poor calls to negatively affect him in game. The things he did rectify was his mechanics and holding onto the ball too long and he won 2 MVP's fairly easily after just those two adjustments. He was basically Aniken Skywalker with more intelligence, ability, along with the mentality than anyone but his own pride/ego/hatred/emotions got the better of him and he only became a fraction of what he could've become. It didn't help that he had a dumb pussy coach for 80% of his career and certainly Bill Bellicheat would've forced him to correct those bad habits real quick. We will see if the new HC at the Jets is man enough to have the balls and tell Rodgers to knock off that crap.

I still believe Rodgers having 4 MVP's would easily warrent him to be on the Mt. Rushmore of QB's with Montana, Brady, and Manning. Patty Mahomies career isn't over and neither is Rodgers so we sill see how it all ends up very soon. SB's are nice but again those are team awards.