• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patiots Doctor Fired...

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone fill us uninformed about this Dr Nick Riviera dude? What's his story?
The guy's name is Alex Guerreo. He's an alternative medicine fanatic and has gone into business with Brady selling Brady's diet and physical training.

There are several problems at play here. Brady is 40 going on 41 and is having an MVP year. Brady and his wife are both 100% sold on Guerreo's methods. Then you have Rob Gronkowski who was not doing well physically and had to have a 5th back surgery last year. Gronk was working with the Patriots' trainers and his back was not responding to their rehab at all. Guerreo said he could help Gronk and so Gronk started following his routines and diet. Gronk signed an incentive laden contract because Guerreo's routine has him feeling better than before his first injury in college. So the Training Staff was was starting have more and more players losing faith in their methods and treatments and more guys were going to TB12 Clinic for care. The clinic started billing the Patriots for player treatment because nearly every player was recovering faster and playing better. Nearly every player who has been treated by Guerreo has come back and actually played better than before he was hurt.

The biggest contradiction is that Guerreo does not allow guys rehabbing with him to lift heavy weight. He has them lift very light weights extreme reps. Instead of pressing 300 lbs. 20 times, they lift 30 lbs. 200 times. He does a ton of elastic band work for balance and coordination. He believes that blowing up muscles causes them to fatigue much faster and actually diminish performance. Team trainers continually build up to heavy weight lifting and coordinate the diet to allow huge amounts of calories to be consumed and then worked off.

From what I've heard, the training staff was really bitching about the players not wanting to do their routines and rather follow the Guerreo routine. Guerreo is also a master massuse and from what I've heard really does work hard physically massaging the players injuries back to health.

Belichick has banned Guerreo from having any contact with players at Gillette and doing any training or rehab at Gillette. He can't stop them from going to TB12 and getting rehabbed or massaged or anything else.

Belichick is a control freak and he couldn't control Guerreo. So he basically kicked him out. Now he has a pissed off quarterback and tight end. And probably wide receiver named Edelman who has been a Guerreo discipal for the past four years.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you ever nicknamed 2 second Bob?

I wish. Just this summer I walked out of the shower while a window was open. Breeze caught me in the wrong spot and I busted all over my brand new bathroom mats.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy's name is Alex Guerreo. He's an alternative medicine fanatic and has gone into business with Brady selling Brady's diet and physical training.

There are several problems at play here. Brady is 40 going on 41 and is having an MVP year. Brady and his wife are both 100% sold on Guerreo's methods. Then you have Rob Gronkowski who was not doing well physically and had to have a 5th back surgery last year. Gronk was working with the Patriots' trainers and his back was not responding to their rehab at all. Guerreo said he could help Gronk and so Gronk started following his routines and diet. Gronk signed an incentive laden contract because Guerreo's routine has him feeling better than before his first injury in college. So the Training Staff was was starting have more and more players losing faith in their methods and treatments and more guys were going to TB12 Clinic for care. The clinic started billing the Patriots for player treatment because nearly every player was recovering faster and playing better. Nearly every player who has been treated by Guerreo has come back and actually played better than before he was hurt.

The biggest contradiction is that Guerreo does not allow guys rehabbing with him to lift heavy weight. He has them lift very light weights extreme reps. Instead of pressing 300 lbs. 20 times, they lift 30 lbs. 200 times. He does a ton of elastic band work for balance and coordination. He believes that blowing up muscles causes them to fatigue much faster and actually diminish performance. Team trainers continually build up to heavy weight lifting and coordinate the diet to allow huge amounts of calories to be consumed and then worked off.

From what I've heard, the training staff was really bitching about the players not wanting to do their routines and rather follow the Guerreo routine. Guerreo is also a master massuse and from what I've heard really does work hard physically massaging the players injuries back to health.

Belichick has banned Guerreo from having any contact with players at Gillette and doing any training or rehab at Gillette. He can't stop them from going to TB12 and getting rehabbed or massaged or anything else.

Belichick is a control freak and he couldn't control Guerreo. So he basically kicked him out. Now he has a pissed off quarterback and tight end. And probably wide receiver named Edelman who has been a Guerreo discipal for the past four years.

Thank you for the complete summary. I can see why the team is upset, but then again from your review it sounds like he was doing a better job. Gronk has had 5 back surgeries? I didn't think they did that many. Holy shit.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you think Brady is the only human in the history of the world that gets better at sports as he gets older

Than you know he's on PEDs

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you think Brady is the only human in the history of the world that gets better at sports as he gets older

I agree Tom thought it was weird Belichick was giving him flu shots every week, and twice since he trade Garopp/ "You can never have enough vitamin C Tom and we're on to Buffalo

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not a doctor. He was not fired - he never worked for the Patriots. The Patriots corrected themselves for allowing the team to associate themselves with a scam artist.

If you ain't correcting your problems, you ain't trying.....
jesus do people read?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ohhh TODAY its PED's? what will tomorrow be?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's why Jimmy G demanded a trade as far away from Boston and Brady as possible. When he found out he was surrounded by cheaters and all....

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why Jimmy G demanded a trade as far away from Boston and Brady as possible. When he found out he was surrounded by cheaters and all....
*Something something* your team cheats *something something* PSI *something something* it was about camera location *something something* the walkthrough tape story was redacted *something something* they performed better with the reinflated balls.

Not sure I'm doing this right.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Something something* your team cheats *something something* PSI *something something* it was about camera location *something something* the walkthrough tape story was redacted *something something* they performed better with the reinflated balls.

Not sure I'm doing this right.

How many other teams have so many somethings?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many other teams have so many somethings?

He didn't even include the PED's...

I'm tellin yah...when Jimmy G becomes the 5th face on Mt. Rushmore, this shit better not bring him down.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't even include the PED's...

I'm tellin yah...when Jimmy G becomes the 5th face on Mt. Rushmore, this shit better not bring him down.
I'll add something if/when they get caught.

I'm probably gonna go with "all teams do it" or "technically the substance they took is just against the guidelines and not actually considered cheating" or "Brady's testosterone is just naturally higher than everyone else"

But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add something if/when they get caught.

I'm probably gonna go with "all teams do it" or "technically the substance they took is just against the guidelines and not actually considered cheating" or "Brady's testosterone is just naturally higher than everyone else"

But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Dude...I'm joking...

....sorta.