• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Parents of Iowa parents write letter to B1G commish.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shall we post the tejas recruiting rankings compared to Nebraska's for 2007 - 2019 to see how well they paid off for the 2010 - 2019 donghorn seasons?

Or No?

Well fuck. SILENCE.

Who'da thunk.

I guess I gotta do it.

Message board rhetoric is cheap.

Per 247 Recruiting rankings

tejas: 3rd
Nebr: 19th

tejas: 8th
Nebr: 24th

tejas: 6th
Nebr: 40th

tejas: 2nd
Nebr: 26th

tejas: 4th
Nebr: 16th

tejas: 2nd
Nebr: 32nd

tejas: 17th
Nebr: 22nd

tejas: 17th
Nebr: 35th

tejas: 10th
Nebr: 30th

tejas: 7th
Nebr: 26th

tejas: 23rd
Nebr: 25th

Nebr: 23rd

Nebr: 17th

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tejas average recruiting ranking: 8th
Nebr average recruiting ranking: 25th

tejas: One 10 win season since 2010.
Nebraska: Two 10 win seasons since 2010.

tejas: One 9 win season since 2010.
Nebraska: Four 9 win seasons since 2010.

Overall records since 2010.

tejas: 71-57 (55.4%)
Nebraska: 77-54 (58.7%)

Nebraska this decade: More wins, less losses, and higher winning percentage.

Nobody Underachieves Like tejas. NOBODY!!!!!

Last edited:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know why "Texas Exes" bailed and came back as @Thiefery

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tejas average recruiting ranking: 8th
Nebr average recruiting ranking: 25th

tejas: One 10 win season since 2010.
Nebraska: Two 10 win seasons since 2010.

tejas: One 9 win season since 2010.
Nebraska: Four 9 win seasons since 2010.

Overall records since 2010.

tejas: 71-57 (55.4%)
Nebraska: 77-54 (58.7%)

Nebraska this decade: More wins, less losses, and higher winning percentage.

Nobody Underachieves Like tejas. NOBODY!!!!!

Strong was a disaster and Pee Wee tries soooo hard. Pee Wee has a long way to go. If he can't do it he'll get run off with another couple of so-so seasons. If I were (God forbid) a Texas fan, I'd want the guy gone, gone, gone so they can hire a top tier coach that would make them a force to be reckoned with. I actually don't see a lot of difference between the coaching ability of Scott Frost and Herman; Texas just has a lot better talent which makes their future look marginably better.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Nebraska so I'm certainly pulling for the Huskers. But both Frost and Herman were hired after coming off seasons that were sugar highs. And neither have done much since then. The competition has been about equal for both coaches since their hires. And they are both still trying to get their feet under them. Of course I'd take Frost if I had to choose a coach for Oklahoma because the guy has a helluva lot better personality. I just don't see Nebraska improving as much as Texas in the short term based on their talent levels at the present time. Let's just get to 2021 so we can have another OU/NU game.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Nebraska so I'm certainly pulling for the Huskers. But both Frost and Herman were hired after coming off seasons that were sugar highs. And neither have done much since then. The competition has been about equal for both coaches since their hires. And they are both still trying to get their feet under them. Of course I'd take Frost if I had to choose a coach for Oklahoma because the guy has a helluva lot better personality. I just don't see Nebraska improving as much as Texas in the short term based on their talent levels at the present time. Let's just get to 2021 so we can have another OU/NU game.

There's always that "Nobody underachieves like tejas" factor.

NOBODY

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn’t disagreeing with your take. It just made me sad.

But I’ll still take Frost over any other coach in the last 4 tries.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn’t disagreeing with your take. It just made me sad.

But I’ll still take Frost over any other coach in the last 4 tries.

It's about time Nebraska got a damn break. Seriously. There used to be lucky recruitments and lucky calls and lucky coaching hires that gave the Huskers momentum. It hasn't been there awhile. All it takes is a couple of stud ducks to really come through and Nebraska will break through the Big Ten glass ceiling they've been pounding against.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time Nebraska got a damn break. Seriously. There used to be lucky recruitments and lucky calls and lucky coaching hires that gave the Huskers momentum. It hasn't been there awhile. All it takes is a couple of stud ducks to really come through and Nebraska will break through the Big Ten glass ceiling they've been pounding against.

If you could put in a kind word with anyone in power, we would sure appreciate it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you could put in a kind word with anyone in power, we would sure appreciate it.

That would be my wife. I could pray for the sun to come up tomorrow and it would be maybe 50/50 that would happen. But my wife can pray for something and it's amazing how she gets what she asked for. I've tried to get her to pray for some things I want but she just gives me one of those "looks"only a wife can give a guy. :tsk:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Other than Suh being a one man wrecking crew, Nebraska just hasn't been good enough up front for the last 20 years 'on either side of the ball'.

They'll never be more than mediocre (9-10 wins at best) until they get better up front.

Iowa is a mediocre 8 or 9 win team and they've dominated Nebraska up front the last couple years. Even if the scores haven't reflected the domination.

Iowa: 27
Nebr: 24

Nebr: 28
Iowa: 31

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, times have changed. Nebraska used to recruit big guys and they knew they wouldn't see the field until at least their junior season. In the meantime they were constantly lifting in the best weight room in the U.S. and on the weekend pulling a plow or something for a light workout. The ground would rumble when they finally trotted out on the field and then all hell would break loose when the ball was snapped. Nebraska needs to build an identity (like OU has done with quarterbacks) that is unique to them and I'd suggest it be the development of great linemen. The problem is finding kids who will be patient and put in the work for a couple of years but if the success was there (like it used to be) that would solve many of your problems.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, times have changed. Nebraska used to recruit big guys and they knew they wouldn't see the field until at least their junior season. In the meantime they were constantly lifting in the best weight room in the U.S. and on the weekend pulling a plow or something for a light workout. The ground would rumble when they finally trotted out on the field and then all hell would break loose when the ball was snapped. Nebraska needs to build an identity (like OU has done with quarterbacks) that is unique to them and I'd suggest it be the development of great linemen. The problem is finding kids who will be patient and put in the work for a couple of years but if the success was there (like it used to be) that would solve many of your problems.

Nebraska players from the T.O. days will also tell you games were easier than practices.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait Red just proved that Texas is more relevant than his precious Corn.. Irrelevant schools don't keep recruiting that high. Also Herman has a NY6 win (Sugar Bowl), has a top 10 finish. How is he doing bad? He's been improving since he arrived, save for last season where they were plagued by injuries. His transition class is now entering it's Sr season. He has 3 NFL 1st rd picks in Sam Cosmi, Caden Sterns and Jeff Ossai. His first true class is entering it's Jr seasons.

Can he do better, YES especially with his staff that he finally turned over. But is he on the hot seat like most are saying?? Hell no.. guy could go 7-3 this fall and STILL be safe. 2021 would be his "hot seat" season.

He just got a commitment from the highest ranking QB and player since VY. He's about to close in on another 5 star RB for 21. The 2020 roster is the most talented since 2009 team.

How is Frost even close to what Tom has done? He legit had a mutiny and players left. The so called new pipeline to FL ... still in progress?

All that to say yes Texas does the less with most, but they are always just a coach, season away from really competing again. Who can really say that about Nebraska?.. oh that's right Big Red can..

73Xh.gif

BTW I'm not Texas ex or whatever but he sounds like a swell guy unlike this guy..
635543520860748092-AP-PETER-SENTENCED.webp

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3