• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Parent, JvR out...Bartulis, Carcillo in.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good moves. As I've said elsewhere, I would have benched Parent for Bartulis months ago. Parent has been seen pinned in his own zone often throughout the entire postseason and he only plays under eight minutes per game...

This stage is probably also too big for JvR as he's not getting the job done defensively or offensively. Carcillo will come in with loads of energy, but let's hope he can keep his head on straight. I see minor penalties for boarding, interference and roughing coming his way already.

It's whatever Laviolette has to do to get the absolute most out of his team at this point. I expect a much stronger game tonight out of the Flyers.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.. like both those moves.. as much as i want to see jvr out there, he's not getting it done and has looked dreadful on the backend

i also really like parent, i think he's still hurt.. and i liked bartulis the entire time he was playing..

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carcillo could really redeem himself in my eyes if he would punch the snot out of Burish...

If Carcillo needs any extra motivation, the following should be posted in the Flyers dressing room...

When word dribbled out of the Philadelphia Flyers dressing room that agitator Daniel Carcillo would replace James van Reimsdyk for Monday night’s game, a lot of reporters made a beeline for Adam Burish, the Blackhawks’ resident pest and master of the verbal dart. One day earlier, Carcillo indicated there would be retribution for what the Flyers said was a hit from behind Burish made on defenceman Lucas Krajicek that knocked him out of the game.

“We don’t have a history,” Burish said of Carcillo. “Maybe after tonight we will.”

Burish, 27, also made no apologies for what Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette referred to on Monday as “a dangerous hockey hit.” Krajicek is expected to play Monday night as the Flyers try to even the best-of-seven series at one win each.

“I don’t want to see anyone get hurt but this is the finals. Anything goes out there,” Burish said. “I’m not here to make friends.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bartulis is the big one for me. JvR for Carcillo is fine and all, but Parent had one shift in game 1. HE WAS MINUS ONE.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, they'll be good moves if the Flyers win. If not just meh.

Rossinole

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I can't believe anyone pays Dan Carcillo money to play hockey. I just don't see what he contributes to their success.

Last edited by a moderator: