• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Parade Question

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see the parade is Wed. at 11 AM

I live in Elk Grove so if it is 2 hours away.

How long will the parade take?

After the parade how much traffic would you guess there would be getting out

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I see the parade is Wed. at 11 AM

I live in Elk Grove so if it is 2 hours away.

How long will the parade take?

After the parade how much traffic would you guess there would be getting out

If it's anything like last time...it's going to be a fucking MESS. You'd better plan on getting here by 7 am if you want to get close to Civic Center and plan to spend most of the afternoon getting out.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda feel like it'd be better to watch on tv. thats too many people in too small of a place.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda feel like it'd be better to watch on tv. thats too many people in too small of a place.

The parade will start right next to my office, so I'm going to watch from a third floor window. I'll record the speeches and watch later.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think I'm going to do that this year. I went in 2010 and it was an amazing experience.....one that I'll never forget. However, it was crowded as all hell and hard to get to a place where I could see the speaches and it felt like I was battling more than resting and soaking it all in. Still happy I went, but this time I'll watch from the comfort of my couch. (I also had to drive 6 hours round trip which didn't help, lol)

The parade will start right next to my office, so I'm going to watch from a third floor window. I'll record the speeches and watch later.

You lucky bastage. That's awesome. Enjoy brotha.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know tyoure gonna see some weird shit being in SF on halloween.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just back from the parade, the kids and wife joined me to watch at Montgomery and Market. So much fun.

Pence was the most emotive and played to the crowd the most. Last time it was Wilson, he was still pretty into it this year.

Nice to hear Zito greeted with the "Bar-RY Bar-RY" chant...

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just back from the parade, the kids and wife joined me to watch at Montgomery and Market. So much fun.

Pence was the most emotive and played to the crowd the most. Last time it was Wilson, he was still pretty into it this year.

Nice to hear Zito greeted with the "Bar-RY Bar-RY" chant...

We were at Market and Grant when Romo got out of the car and ran around. Pence was awesome. He was flexing for the crowd. Also, did you see Theriot in his car? By the time it reached us it had three big guys in the car, but no Theriot. Oh, I heard that Alex Smith drove Cain's car. I did not even notice him.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were at Market and Grant when Romo got out of the car and ran around. Pence was awesome. He was flexing for the crowd. Also, did you see Theriot in his car? By the time it reached us it had three big guys in the car, but no Theriot. Oh, I heard that Alex Smith drove Cain's car. I did not even notice him.

Harbaugh was driving Mad Bum's car also. Theriot wasn't at the parade due too personal matter.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Market & 5th was a bad spot for me and my wife. We had some rude fuckers that kept trying to push people into the metal fence. It was a bad scene a brawl and riot was about to happen, lucky nothing happend other than yelling and swearing. The SF police didn't even try and control anything. The people who were causing the most problems had kids with them. I was shocked to hear what things were said while children were around.

Pretty sad how kids have parents who can't control their temper, and like to cause problems. What is this world coming too? Young people who have kids and have no parent values at all. I know its not everyone, but most punks who have kids just don't know wtf to do as a parent.

Sorry to vents.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I loved the parade, but the people were crazy. A bunch of people got on top of the overhang at the bus stop and I am surprised it did not break. About 15 people were on one of it. It was kind of funny to watch one person after another climb on top, but the police would tell them to get off. Once they did, two minutes later another group of people climbed up on top. The police gave up once the parade started and that is when 15 people ended up on top.

Here is me venting:

If they were to win again, I doubt I would go to the parade because it is not worth dealing with the people. I am 6'5" and people were getting upset because I was blocking their view. Now, I am aware of my height and make sure I do not impede others from watching, but we got there at 8:30 am to wait and I purposely avoided getting too close (I was about five people deep). The ones complaining were the people that showed up right when the parade started. That is when I did not care about who I blocked because they showed up knowing I was in front of them. It still did not stop them from trying to make me feel bad for being tall. That was only part of what annoyed me about the people. It was great only because it was the Giants.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the parade, but the people were crazy. A bunch of people got on top of the overhang at the bus stop and I am surprised it did not break. About 15 people were on one of it. It was kind of funny to watch one person after another climb on top, but the police would tell them to get off. Once they did, two minutes later another group of people climbed up on top. The police gave up once the parade started and that is when 15 people ended up on top.

Here is me venting:

If they were to win again, I doubt I would go to the parade because it is not worth dealing with the people. I am 6'5" and people were getting upset because I was blocking their view. Now, I am aware of my height and make sure I do not impede others from watching, but we got there at 8:30 am to wait and I purposely avoided getting too close (I was about five people deep). The ones complaining were the people that showed up right when the parade started. That is when I did not care about who I blocked because they showed up knowing I was in front of them. It still did not stop them from trying to make me feel bad for being tall. That was only part of what annoyed me about the people. It was great only because it was the Giants.

Those Dodger fans were early, I guess.