• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers/Ravens Thoughts

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good - Could our starting D look any better? One of the ESPN announcers said, "The Panthers Defense is the best offense I've seen this preseason." We saw how bad it could be against the Eagles but, HOLY S**T!!! I can't remember the last time I saw our D be that dominant. ST's looked good overall except for blown coverage on 1 return. Gotta give Ginn credit, I'm not sold on him as a WR, but we might finally have a dangerous return man. And Gano was nailing the FG's no matter how long they were. For the offense, at least we did not turn the ball over, and have not for the last 2 preseason games. Cam made some tough passes and even ran a few times.

The Bad - HOW MANY STUPID FREAKING PENALTIES CAN WE COMMIT IN 1 GAME??? I think it was in the 3rd quarter we had been called for 9 and over 100 yards. The O Line looked just plain bad. Very poor pass protection and little if any run blocking. It does not matter who the QB is, if the line can't protect him, you will not win. I think there were at least 3 passes Cam put right on the money the receivers dropped (Olsen, Gettis, and Lafell). As good as our D was, the O was just as bad.

Final Thoughts - LLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEE!!!!! It was GREAT to see Beason back on the field. Man, we need help on the O Line. Wharton is looking better and better as a FA pickup. I know, it's been reported that we will wait until teams start making cuts but we need something. A good G/T will help. I know this is the era of "Player Safety" but those were some cheap personal fouls. I could see nothing wrong with Luke's hit. RB Smith deserved it though.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Good - (1) Could our starting D look any better? One of the ESPN announcers said, "The Panthers Defense is the best offense I've seen this preseason." We saw how bad it could be against the Eagles but, HOLY S**T!!! I can't remember the last time I saw our D be that dominant. ST's looked good overall except for blown coverage on 1 return. Gotta give Ginn credit, I'm not sold on him as a WR, but we might finally have a dangerous return man. And Gano was nailing the FG's no matter how long they were. For the offense, at least we did not turn the ball over, and have not for the last 2 preseason games. Cam made some tough passes and even ran a few times.

The Bad - (2) HOW MANY STUPID FREAKING PENALTIES CAN WE COMMIT IN 1 GAME??? I think it was in the 3rd quarter we had been called for 9 and over 100 yards. (3)The O Line looked just plain bad. Very poor pass protection and little if any run blocking. It does not matter who the QB is, if the line can't protect him, you will not win. I think there were at least 3 passes Cam put right on the money the receivers dropped (Olsen, Gettis, and Lafell). As good as our D was, the O was just as bad.

Final Thoughts - LLLLLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKEEEE!!!!! It was GREAT to see Beason back on the field. Man, we need help on the O Line. (4) Wharton is looking better and better as a FA pickup. I know, it's been reported that we will wait until teams start making cuts but we need something. A good G/T will help. I know this is the era of "Player Safety" but those were some cheap personal fouls. I could see nothing wrong with Luke's hit. RB Smith deserved it though.

(1) Front 7 was great, though I do think we're too soft in coverage.
(2) It was bad -> we had two penalties out-of-bounds on kick coverage. :L Though we caught a break with one of those pass interference calls on Olsen.
(3), (4) There were some bad whiffs out there last night by the guards - for pete's sake, hit somebody. I agree we should pick up someone, but the problem is complicated by a potential Silatolu injury (he left the game last night in Q2), and Kubliga being out.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I follow the Falcons so I see a lot of CAR...they had to fix the DEF, and they appear to be well on the way to doing that....much like the Bucs, very physical up front, and young, they're gonna be a tough out every week...CAR has the Falcons number just haven't been able to finish the games...the schedule is not brutal on the road...still need a more solid #2 WR to really be a big threat...9-7.

ONEPANTHERSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1) Front 7 was great, though I do think we're too soft in coverage.
(2) It was bad -> we had two penalties out-of-bounds on kick coverage. :L Though we caught a break with one of those pass interference calls on Olsen.
(3), (4) There were some bad whiffs out there last night by the guards - for pete's sake, hit somebody. I agree we should pick up someone, but the problem is complicated by a potential Silatolu injury (he left the game last night in Q2), and Kubliga being out.

I saw some film showing Silatolu walking around in the locker room after the game. He appeared to be moving around ok. They may have taken him out just as a precaution. Same as they did with Captain, if it was a meaningful game they both would probably have kept playing. Pilares injured his knee and Barner hurt his foot as well. I have not been able to find anything on the extent of the injuries. Again it might have just been a precaution.

One thing I forgot to mention was our D generating 4 turnovers. It's been pointed out that of the 3 INT's only one was due to something a DB (Luke) did. The other 2 were caused by pressure on the QB and the WR making a mistake. In any case, this shows if the opposing offense makes a mistake our D is going to capitalize on it.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw some film showing Silatolu walking around in the locker room after the game. He appeared to be moving around ok. They may have taken him out just as a precaution. Same as they did with Captain, if it was a meaningful game they both would probably have kept playing. Pilares injured his knee and Barner hurt his foot as well. I have not been able to find anything on the extent of the injuries. Again it might have just been a precaution.

One thing I forgot to mention was our D generating 4 turnovers. It's been pointed out that of the 3 INT's only one was due to something a DB (Luke) did. The other 2 were caused by pressure on the QB and the WR making a mistake. In any case, this shows if the opposing offense makes a mistake our D is going to capitalize on it.
Good news about Silatolu then. I don't know when Kubliga is going to play.

Flacco rolled right over us that first possession, but then we started getting a good push from the interior linemen. Lotulelei finally showed something (I think he had 2 sacks, and 2 TFLs), and Short looked good when he was in there. Did you see the sideline interview with Luke? He said they were really focusing on causing TO's in practice, and it was paying off.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno Silatolu has looked bad all preseason, i dont think it could be worse if he missed a couple weeks...

Kubliga is a practice squad player, he has not practiced nor has he played, missed all of the OTA's. he will be cut at final cut down and then signed to practice squad because he is about 2 years away more than likely. kinda like Silatolu should have been a back up last year and maybe this year while he developed, right now he is just trying to catch up from Div 2 and starting while he is doing it. he is not ready to be thier but yet they kept him thier and really didnt bring in anyone to compete. i think instead of Hixon they might should of signe a guard who could compete for a job.