• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Panthers make Saints look good.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so frustrating watching the Panthers.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it OP has changed his mind since then? SHula has actually called a good game today, cam with 300+ passing.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I thought that would never end. Our pass coverage was lacking today, some bone-headed penalties (that re-kick thing was ludicrous), but 3-0.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS, I still have reservations about the Panthers. This game should have been over by the end of the 3rd Quarter. Yet, the way it played out, McGowan had 300+ passing and was never closed out until the late INT.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense did not show up today

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our Defense did not show up today
GS, I still have reservations about the Panthers. This game should have been over by the end of the 3rd Quarter. Yet, the way it played out, McGowan had 300+ passing and was never closed out until the late INT.
McCown had a career day, up until Norman picked off that pass. The pass coverage was def hurting, but the guy was also making good throws, it happens. We were getting pressure, but he was getting away from it and making plays. It was a tough game for the D, but those happen. Part of the problem is that Klein is not as good in coverage (or overall) as Kuechly. But for all that, they gave up 10 on the first two drives, TD on the 4th quarter one, and the one on the re-kick. So there was a lot of bend-but-don't-break out there, plus the 2 takeaways. Upside/downside.

On a final note, I don't know what Bersin was doing in the game, on that 3rd down attempt where he fell down.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
McCown had a career day, up until Norman picked off that pass. The pass coverage was def hurting, but the guy was also making good throws, it happens. We were getting pressure, but he was getting away from it and making plays. It was a tough game for the D, but those happen. Part of the problem is that Klein is not as good in coverage (or overall) as Kuechly. But for all that, they gave up 10 on the first two drives, TD on the 4th quarter one, and the one on the re-kick. So there was a lot of bend-but-don't-break out there, plus the 2 takeaways. Upside/downside.

On a final note, I don't know what Bersin was doing in the game, on that 3rd down attempt where he fell down.
A backup QB having his first game being a good one is fairly common because there is a game plan that the D has not seen
Good news is the O line still is doing a great job of pass blocking
Cam was much more accurate today and they weren't dropping passes.
What I don't understand is why our draft pics aren't getting into the game much

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A backup QB having his first game being a good one is fairly common because there is a game plan that the D has not seen
Good news is the O line still is doing a great job of pass blocking
Cam was much more accurate today and they weren't dropping passes.
What I don't understand is why our draft pics aren't getting into the game much
The OT Williams from OK was inactive today (and last week), not sure about Mayo - if he's been in, it's special teams. Artis-Payne finally got some carries today, but had been inactive the previous 2 games (I think Tolbert coming back strong has got something to do with A-P being in the background). But Shaq T played a lot today, and I think Funchess is getting a fair amount of snaps, just maybe not getting open enough. I thought he would be playing a bigger role, when Kelvin B went down, not so much so far ....

On another front, hope Cotchery is back soon - it tickedd me off when Dickson dropped that pass right at the marker.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spur, I agree the play calling was much better this game. But it had to be. Untimely penalties like a hands to the face on a three and out along with letting McCown throw in a safe pocket helped the Saints. A 95 yard drive should not happen. If Brees plays the Panthers probably lose. Luke-K is a difference maker for sure. I wish he was good to go. Maybe against TB next week he'll play. At least Cam threw it deep several times, and ran it when he needed to, which kept their LB's and DB's honest. I guess I felt that since Brees was sidelined the Panthers should be blowing them out. The rush was nonexistent. I would have loved to see some pressure on McCown. Maybe I'm used to griping about the Panthers. But 3-0 is better than expected so far. You cannot gripe about that.