• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Padres & Orioles Trade

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Padres announced this morning that they have acquired left-handed pitcher Troy Patton from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for catcher Nick Hundley and cash considerations.

I knew we were deep at catcher but this trade baffles me. Can an Orioles fan do anything to convince me we didn't just get robbed? I think we could have gotten something more than a relief pitcher with an ERA on the wrong side of 8. :L

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of this season and part of last, I can't.

He hasn't always been terrible tho. Maybe the change of scenery will snack him back to the form everyone expected a couple of years ago.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade is mystifying. Even if Hundley demanded out because of playing time, it sure seems that we could/should have gotten more than we did. We're knee-deep in pitching and yet traded a top-flight catcher for a lousy reliever? :wtf:

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see it either. Only thing I can think of is that the Padres felt the only chance they had this season to compete was to ride their pitching. Their offense has been as bad as the Orioles this season. I guess their plan is to win as many 2-1 games as possible.

Only reason I'm not ecstatic about it is because I fear the O's acquiring him means that Matt Wieters is done for the season.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Nick Hundley and he's been one of my favorite Pads for years. I'm sure he's excited to go to a contender in the AL East.

And I see where he won the game for you guys today. :suds:

I still say we should have gotten allot more than we did for a top-flight catcher.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^I didn't catch the game, but I see he came through with a big clutch hit today. :suds:

Maybe we'll see Patton today if the score holds up. He had a couple of bad outings a week ago that ballooned his ERA up, but he's been pretty capable, if not outstanding.

Even if he is pretty serviceable, I can see your qualms about it. Think salary had a lot to do with it? (Nick's 4 mil vs Troy's 1 mil)

If anything, I hope it works out well. I'm one of those fans who doesn't like the idea of jobbing anyone in a trade.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a game the other night where I guess Patton came in and pitched to one batter and walked him. Is this guy a situational lefty? I know nothing about him.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a game the other night where I guess Patton came in and pitched to one batter and walked him. Is this guy a situational lefty? I know nothing about him.

Yep, that's pretty much what he's been used for. I'm sure Buck would've loved to have kept him if Wieters wasn't out. (Buck loves to match up)

Sorry your team lost tonight. And I'm not one to make fun of people's names, ordinarily.. but Quackenbush? Really? Really??

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's pretty much what he's been used for. I'm sure Buck would've loved to have kept him if Wieters wasn't out. (Buck loves to match up)

Sorry your team lost tonight. And I'm not one to make fun of people's names, ordinarily.. but Quackenbush? Really? Really??

No relation to Dave Quackenbush, singer of The Vandals.