• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers vs Bears Wk 17 for the Division

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well appears no one wants to win the division, but someone will have to.

Bears and Packers both have horrible defenses... I was surprised to see Bears defense actually giving up more points/game than the Packers. Bears also have worst rushing defense.

Still... I see Bears winning at home in week 17 in high scoring game. They have more weapons and Packers will be without Clay now. Most likely Rodgers out and now potentially Lacy as well.

If Packers can run the ball and control the clock and get Cutler into some turnovers Packers can win.

Very different feel to this game vs 2010 season final vs Bears.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point, we'd all (fans of BOTH teams) take a one-and-done. I mean quite frankly, in pretty much any other season, neither one of us would be sniffing the playoffs. Any time you get in, it's special.

On a sort of unrealted note, does it seem like there's more mediocrity in the league this year than ever before? The only NFC team I look at and can call excellent is Seattle, and they don't scare me as much as a #1 seed probably should. I'm not that impressed with New Orleans, Carolina, San Francisco, and Arizona. Good teams? Definitely. As good as an 11-12 win team should be? Just doesn't seem like it. Anyone else see this, or am I just way off?

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either team goes very far, but I'm willing to take our chances :) I'm hoping for a win, but either way, it seems we will be treated to a very meaningful game that will most likely keep both sets of fans on edge till the end.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a sort of unrealted note, does it seem like there's more mediocrity in the league this year than ever before? The only NFC team I look at and can call excellent is Seattle, and they don't scare me as much as a #1 seed probably should. I'm not that impressed with New Orleans, Carolina, San Francisco, and Arizona. Good teams? Definitely. As good as an 11-12 win team should be? Just doesn't seem like it. Anyone else see this, or am I just way off?

I think they are good as 11-12 teams from prior years, exception I believe Saints are average team away from home... but that is nothing new. If Arizona gets to 11 wins I will be impressed... will have beaten Seahawks and 49ers in last 2 weeks.

It is typically the 14-2 / 13-3 teams that I consider more elite and there is only potential of Denver and Seattle in that category... but I would not consider either of them strong 13-3 team.

Denver defense is not very good and just lost Miller and Seattle offense can grind to a halt as noted yesterday.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears have already named Cutler the starter. Which I like considering McCown tore us apart last game and Cutler likes to throw INT's to us. Decision on Rodgers coming later in the week.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are good as 11-12 teams from prior years, exception I believe Saints are average team away from home... but that is nothing new. If Arizona gets to 11 wins I will be impressed... will have beaten Seahawks and 49ers in last 2 weeks.

It is typically the 14-2 / 13-3 teams that I consider more elite and there is only potential of Denver and Seattle in that category... but I would not consider either of them strong 13-3 team.

Denver defense is not very good and just lost Miller and Seattle offense can grind to a halt as noted yesterday.

I would also be impressed with Arizona if they pulled that off, but I don't look at them and say, "Damn, I don't wanna play them." I guess that's what I was saying. I think Carolina has an excellent defense, but their offense is not great, and I'm guessing they'll be without Steve Smith now too.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to see where these teams would be without injuries. Between Rodgers, Matthews, Briggs, Tillman, our D Line, we've seen enough for a couple of years.

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great to see where these teams would be without injuries. Between Rodgers, Matthews, Briggs, Tillman, our D Line, we've seen enough for a couple of years.

The insane amount of injuries is becoming a yearly trend for the Packers....

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't even think of too many players that haven't been on a injury report at one point this year. Hawk and Tramon are about the only two I can think of

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this point, we'd all (fans of BOTH teams) take a one-and-done. I mean quite frankly, in pretty much any other season, neither one of us would be sniffing the playoffs. Any time you get in, it's special.

Thank you!

I hate the "well, we can't win, so I hope we don't get in" fans. My lord, that is a disgusting attitude for a fan to have. Why the hell wouldn't you want to get in and see? It's fun, for chrissakes. If anything, not expecting anything going into a playoff game is fun. Only good things can happen.

Why is losing in the regular season and giving away the division better than losing in the playoffs?

Also, I'm not saying I would ever pick either team to win a playoff game. However, look... we've all seen this is you've been paying attention. Get in, and crazy shit can happen. Especially when you're HOSTING a playoff game. Against a warm weather or dome team, which is the four possible match ups either team would have.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!

I hate the "well, we can't win, so I hope we don't get in" fans. My lord, that is a disgusting attitude for a fan to have. Why the hell wouldn't you want to get in and see? It's fun, for chrissakes. If anything, not expecting anything going into a playoff game is fun. Only good things can happen.

Why is losing in the regular season and giving away the division better than losing in the playoffs?

Also, I'm not saying I would ever pick either team to win a playoff game. However, look... we've all seen this is you've been paying attention. Get in, and crazy shit can happen. Especially when you're HOSTING a playoff game. Against a warm weather or dome team, which is the four possible match ups either team would have.

I'm with you guys - football's entertainment and I'd rather my team be in the game than not.

That being said, I can see where the folks from the other camp are coming from. For fuck sake, losing the way GB did last year in SF was just bloody awful, and we are still dogged by that game - and other recent playoff debacles - by trolls and other idiots. It's one thing to lay an egg in the regular season. It can become stuff of legends if it happens in the playoffs.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you!

Agreed 100%. It's a horrible, horrible attitude to have. It goes right along with the "let's lose to get a better draft pick" crowd. If you ever start rooting for a team to lose, it's time to find a new team to follow. I could care less if we lose in the first round of the playoffs...it's 10 times better than not being in a playoff game at all.

I think Packer fans have been spoiled over the past 20 or so years. I was 12 when Holmgren and Favre arrived in 1992, so I only remember the tail end of the dark days...basically just the Infante era. There's only been a few shitty years since then...2005 and 2008 are the only two losing seasons we've had in that time period. But, every year, I appreciate being able to watch the team in the playoffs...doesn't matter if we just back in or if we dominate the regular season. They're ALL special. As will this year if we win Sunday.

7-9 Seattle knocked off the reigning Super Bowl champs in 2010. How many 6-seed teams have won the Super Bowl lately? Get in and enjoy the ride, no matter how long it is!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed 100%. It's a horrible, horrible attitude to have. It goes right along with the "let's lose to get a better draft pick" crowd. If you ever start rooting for a team to lose, it's time to find a new team to follow. I could care less if we lose in the first round of the playoffs...it's 10 times better than not being in a playoff game at all.

I think Packer fans have been spoiled over the past 20 or so years. I was 12 when Holmgren and Favre arrived in 1992, so I only remember the tail end of the dark days...basically just the Infante era. There's only been a few shitty years since then...2005 and 2008 are the only two losing seasons we've had in that time period. But, every year, I appreciate being able to watch the team in the playoffs...doesn't matter if we just back in or if we dominate the regular season. They're ALL special. As will this year if we win Sunday.

7-9 Seattle knocked off the reigning Super Bowl champs in 2010. How many 6-seed teams have won the Super Bowl lately? Get in and enjoy the ride, no matter how long it is!

Agree as well... unfortunately I was 23 when Holmgren/Favre arrived... I grew up with 70/80's Packers.

Look at the Falcons on MNF... almost went into SF and won with nothing to play for... anything can happen once you make the playoffs.

Neither team may have the best of defense right now... but Bears have prolific offense and if Rodgers can get back, Packers offense would get big boost as well. Who knows what could happen for either team.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
delusions of grandeur

Bears have already named Cutler the starter. Which I like considering McCown tore us apart last game and Cutler likes to throw INT's to us. Decision on Rodgers coming later in the week.

You were in position to tie or win the game at the end???????

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears and Packers are both good teams with major in jury's at key positions. If either or both teams were healthy things would be very different. But get in and enjoy the opportunity. I don't want to lose to anyone ever but esp to GB and esp not a div championship game. And at home again. No thanks.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS:agree: A large number of our fanbase either wasn't alive when the dark days were here or didn't give a shit about the Packers then. Spoiled, and short sighted. At the first sign of trouble it became a lynch mob looking to fire everyone and anybody. Then it was the Rodgers is a wimp Favre would have played battle cry. now those same idiots are acting like they were there the whole time 100% behind the team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if my team gets in I get to drink more beer while watching the playoff game, if my team doesn't make it, I get to drink more beer while I wipe my tears away. Win Win. I will be rooting for my Bears as I assume Packer fans will be for the Packers. May the best team win.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if my team gets in I get to drink more beer while watching the playoff game, if my team doesn't make it, I get to drink more beer while I wipe my tears away. Win Win. I will be rooting for my Bears as I assume Packer fans will be for the Packers. May the best team win.

Damn heart surgery...no drinking for me.