• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac-12 Week 3 Power Rankings (ESPN)

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just released their updated Power Rankings. They are as follows:

1. Stanford (#2 last week)
2. Washington (#1 last week)
3. Utah (#4 last week)
4. Arizona State (#5 last week)
5. California (#9 last week)
6. UCLA (#6 last week)
7. Oregon (#3 last week)
8. Colorado (#7 last week)
9. Arizona (#10 last week)
10. USC (#8 last week)
11. Oregon State (#11 last week)
12. Washington State (#12 last week)

Here is the article here: Pac-12 Week 3 Power Rankings: Stanford back on top after bouncing USC

First off, I get it that Power Rankings are meaningless, but I still rather enjoy talking about them, so here I go.

I agree that Stanford and Washington are the top two teams so far in the conference. Neither has done anything bad, and Stanford's win against USC makes sense to have them in the top spot.

Utah in coming in at 3rd also makes sense.

Now here is where I disagree with the writer. #4 in my book should be...Colorado. Yes, I know they lost, but one the road against a top 5 team in the nation. They also have beaten the snot out of everyone else they have played, so a good showing in Ann Arbor puts them in 4th for me.

5th are the Ducks. Yes they lost to Nebraska, and I get it that their defense is awful, but they are still talented and a top 5 team at this point in the conference.

6th are the Sun Devils. While they did remain undefeated, they also continued to have close games, two of which were against bad teams. 3-0 looks good on paper, but struggling for 3 quarters against NAU to start off the year, and needing a late TD to catapult yourselves over UTSA just aren't impressive. Again, the defense is going to hold this team back unless Graham can get the unit to play as a team.

7th is Cal, and this was hard considering they had a massive win this weekend against an undefeated Texas team. The win by Cal may have killed the chances of the Big XII to get a team in the playoffs, and Cal has such a potent offense, that I expect them to pull off another surprise win in conference play.

8th is UCLA. A loss against A&M on the road isn't awful, but Rosen and that offense just don't seem to be on the same page at all this year. While the defense looked better, I know they have Stanford quickly approaching and so if the Bruins want to show what they have, this will be a great time to do it.

9th is USC. Major issues here, but with losses to Stanford and Alabama, and I there biggest problem thus far is just a schedule that is too difficult for this team. Helton just isn't doing enough with this talent, and sitting at 1-2 to start the season off, and being embarressed, isn't going to sit well with the Trojan faithful.

10 is Oregon State - Yeah they just beat up on a team that they should have. But we've seen it often this year with teams NOT beating opponents as easily as they should have. A close loss to start the year off in Minnesota isn't a terrible loss, but they have Boise State next week and that should be a good test for the Beavers to maybe pull off the upset.

11 is Arizona. Rich Rod's team is look quite bleak this year. They are constantly struggling and have yet to play any really good opponents. With Washington coming up next week, I think it's likely that they may get steamrolled, in which case they will likely remain 11th in my standings.

12 is Washington State - Well, they beat their rivals, Idaho, once again. However, losses against EWU and Boise still have them still at the bottom. The other big thing against the Cougars is their upcoming schedule, where they play Oregon, at Stanford, UCLA, and then at Arizona State. That just looks like 4 losses right there, making it nearly impossible for the Cougars to become bowl eligible.

So, here are my Rankings:

1. Stanford
2. Washington
3. Utah
4. Colorado
5. Oregon
6. Arizona State
7. Cal
8. UCLA
9. USC
10. Oregon State
11. Arizona
12. Washington State

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado seems much tougher than I expected. But their overall success with hinge on their QB recovering from the injuries he got during the UM game.