• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought power rankings were based on performance.

I look at how good the teams are going to be for the rest of the year. If you want to argue Arizona had a better week 1 than UW, I would agree with you. But I don’t think that means Arizona is now a better team

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few questions going into next week.

1. Who has more to lose with a loss in Week 2, Washington or Michigan?

2. Will the near 20 point dog Ducks compete or dominate vs Ohio State, will the line hold true or will it be worse?

3. USC, also a near 20 point favorite over Stanford, can that be right? Stanford is not the Stanford of old, but USC has a few question marks to answer too.

4. What of the PAC if the Buffs hang with the Aggies, or what of the PAC if they get blown out?

5. Will the Bruin stay put at NR 16 Idle?

6 Will the Cougs coug-it at FCS Portland State or roll?

7. Will the Mormons continue their pursuit to own the PAC this year, (They can get the trifecta by Week 3 with 1 down 2 to go) or will the Utes take care of business?

8. Will ASU dominate going into PAC play vs the Buffs?

Sure there are more, but those come to mind.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few questions going into next week.

2. Will the near 20 point dog Ducks compete or dominate vs Ohio State, will the line hold true or will it be worse?

3. USC, also a near 20 point favorite over Stanford, can that be right? Stanford is not the Stanford of old, but USC has a few question marks to answer too.

4. What of the PAC if the Buffs hang with the Aggies, or what of the PAC if they get blown out?

6 Will the Cougs coug-it at FCS Portland State or roll?

7. Will the Mormons continue their pursuit to own the PAC this year, (They can get the trifecta by Week 3 with 1 down 2 to go) or will the Utes take care of business?

8. Will ASU dominate going into PAC play vs the Buffs?

Sure there are more, but those come to mind.

The lines I've seen have been around 14.5 (which is nowhere near 20 points).

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lines I've seen have been around 14.5 (which is nowhere near 20 points).
Yeah, I recalled it wrong...............

So..........

FIFY

2. Will the HUGE double digits dog Ducks compete or dominate vs Ohio State, will the line hold true or will it be worse?

:dhd:

The idea is, that's a huge spread for one of the PAC's best vs one of the B1G's best, so will it hold true?

Hell, the Golden Gophers kept it under 14.5.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to say. Probably Washington. I don't remember anyone talking about Michigan having a chance to win their conference, but there were a few that thought Washington could win the PAC. Plus, they're going to have to win a few in a row to even start to get the taste of that debacle out of their mouths.

Not sure. Last week, they started strong and finished strong, but the 2nd and 3rd quarters were a bit uneven. I could see the same formula playing out this week. What's odd, imo, is that USC is favored by more than they were against San Jose St.

Not sure if that says more about what the oddsmakers think about how bad Stanford is or how good USC is.

I don't think it'll mean much one way or the other. Not sure anyone outside of their fanbases will even care.

Depends on what happens to other teams around them. I don't see them dropping, but I could see them moving up if someone ahead of them loses or has a "bad win".

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think they'll win, but I think they'll compete and beat the spread.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll win, but I think they'll compete and beat the spread.
Yeah, this is about how I feel. I probably differ when thinking about their chances to come away with a win.

If the Ducks do compete, it will tell us all in Westwood a lot more about them Bulldogs coming to the Rose Bowl in Week 3.

I think they are the real deal and may only lose a 2 or 3 games this year, and at 1 already well let's just say I'm a bit concerned how the Bruins will play against a very good team as the favorite. (Which I believe they will be)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say. Probably Washington. I don't remember anyone talking about Michigan having a chance to win their conference, but there were a few that thought Washington could win the PAC. Plus, they're going to have to win a few in a row to even start to get the taste of that debacle out of their mouths.
I guess I was thinking more about Jim Harbaugh's future.... BTW - With that, I'm not implying anything with Peterson's future, his is solid at UW.

Not sure. Last week, they started strong and finished strong, but the 2nd and 3rd quarters were a bit uneven. I could see the same formula playing out this week. What's odd, imo, is that USC is favored by more than they were against San Jose St.

Not sure if that says more about what the oddsmakers think about how bad Stanford is or how good USC is.
SC will be fine on the season and in the hunt for the South all Season IMO, but this week concerns me. USC just always seems to bring the best out of Stanford, and as bad as the Trees might be this year, I'm not sure SC covers, they will win and likely by double digits but I think it's fortunate for the Trojans the game is here in LA.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll mean much one way or the other. Not sure anyone outside of their fanbases will even care.
IDK, at #5 Texas A&M is no joke. Should the Buff steal one at home, or even give Upset Alerts (And along with what happened to the Tigers at the Rose Bowl) the top SEC teams may go back into hiding scheduling these Home and Aways with the PAC like they have done in the past.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, the Golden Gophers kept it under 14.5.

The Golden Gophers are very likely to have another 2019 like season where they finished 10th in the country. Most of the 2019 offensive unit is still playing for the Gophers, all with 2 more years of experience. I'm not saying Minnesota will finish higher in the rankings than Oregon, but it's very possible.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Golden Gophers are very likely to have another 2019 like season where they finished 10th in the country. Most of the 2019 offensive unit is still playing for the Gophers, all with 2 more years of experience. I'm not saying Minnesota will finish higher in the rankings than Oregon, but it's very possible.
Minnesota doesn't have that defense. If you include Durr, who is still around, they had 6 NFL players on defense in 2019. Right now they might have 2.

The Gophers are good. They played well. Without Ibrahim, however, unless Morgan gets his shit together, they're not the same sort of team.

Oregon has better offensive and defensive personnel overall. Oregon is going to give Stroud some problems if their DL can hold up. They won't be quite as out-athleted as Minnesota was. The big problem for the Ducks is that 1) Ohio State is blooded and 2) even though Tanner Morgan wasn't very effective, he's still a far more established QB than anything they have.

The Ducks need to be able to score. They need to run, they need to throw, they need to be able to put up 30+ points at least. They have more physical talent than Minnesota did, but not the same kind of overall experience and I don't think they have anywhere near the line Minnesota has, which is quietly one of the very best in the country. And they still had problems with Ohio State's DL, which is just going to get better.

I'd love to be wrong, but I think this is a game where if Oregon keeps it within 2 scores, they did well. They just don't have the horses on offense, though Johnny Johnson can go off on anyone.

If Thibodeaux is indeed out, I don't think Oregon has much of a prayer. They need him playing and having a 3 sack type of game.

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this certainly isn't Myers Luckeyes!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game by Oregon. They beat a really good Ohio State team at home. ranks higher than UCLAs win over LSU. Ducks move to the top of conference with UCLA next and then the USCs Utahs.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game by Oregon. They beat a really good Ohio State team at home. ranks higher than UCLAs win over LSU. Ducks move to the top of conference with UCLA next and then the USCs Utahs.
Going in to this week I had it...

1. Oregon
2. USC
t3. Colorado
t3. UCLA
t4. Utah
t4. ASU

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Duck fans on the big win. Boys played a hell of a game.