• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

My daughter knew she wanted to be a nurse from the time she was 5 years old, never wavered and is an RN.

So that makes you kind of a slacker and anyone who doesn't have their life planned by the time they're 5 are slackers too.

Just because you chose your college and major at 18 and stuck with it, doesn't mean every other 18 year old does the same. Most college students change their major more than once.
actually i knew i wanted to do medical and medical imaging from about middle school i was actually 17 in my senior year when i landed on where and what.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are. I was 18 in the Marines. Doesn't mean I knew everything or much at all eve being in the military and certainly wasn't sure about most things like most kids at 18. Oh and 80% of students in college change their major before they graduate.
But hey good to know you knew everything at 18 (you're a liar).
never said i knew everything i just think you sell 18 year olds short. Ive met a lot that have their decisions made and stuck with them.
saying most i feel like is an over estimation. telling me 80% of college students in college tells me people into thier 20s have the same problem.
its the same problem i have with people talking about participation trophies when im 40 and also got them because its mostly people around my age saying it or people a gen older that gave them to me.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i knew i wanted to do medical and medical imaging from about middle school i was actually 17 in my senior year when i landed on where and what.

Again, that's you. Just because you settled on your college and major and stuck with it, doesn't mean that all other 18 year old's do the same. The fact is, most don't.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that's you. Just because you settled on your college and major and stuck with it, doesn't mean that all other 18 year old's do the same. The fact is, most don't.
I could list people i know that also did this. i dont believe that you statement that most dont is actually a fact as much as an opinion. fact is, i know a lot of people that did it this way. fact is, i have many in my family that have done this. fact is, i have a lot of friends that have done this. fact is, i have a lot of coworkers that have done this.
see i can say fact is too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could list people i know that also did this. i dont believe that you statement that most dont is actually a fact as much as an opinion. fact is, i know a lot of people that did it this way. fact is, i have many in my family that have done this. fact is, i have a lot of friends that have done this. fact is, i have a lot of coworkers that have done this.

lol

And I can list more who didn't.

So you still think you know everything. You must still be close to 18.

Teen Brain: Behavior, Problem Solving, and Decision Making

"Adolescents differ from adults in the way they behave, solve problems, and make decisions. There is a biological explanation for this difference. Studies have shown that brains continue to mature and develop throughout childhood and adolescence and well into early adulthood."

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All bullshit. 80% of college grads changed their major at some point so you're a liar an leaving out the people who did change their minds. Many people who I was in the Marines with changed MOSs after their first enlistment was up. I guess no one in your family and in your circle of friends ever divorced either right (gonna wait for a bullshit answer). No one ever decided to start a business later in life that they had never even thought of when younger. Imagine Bill gates, Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos sticking with only their first job or idea. Yeah great imaginary world you live in.
Going in a different direction is not always a sign of weakness.

Last edited:

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Wally - How would you feel if Pat Casey became Oregon's new baseball coach???? Hmmmm -- it's happening.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

"Adolescents differ from adults in the way they behave, solve problems, and make decisions. There is a biological explanation for this difference. Studies have shown that brains continue to mature and develop throughout childhood and adolescence and well into early adulthood."
still never said i know everything.
and im near 40 so....

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All bullshit. 80% of college grads changed their major at some point so you're a liar an leaving out the people who did change their minds. Many people who I was in the Marines with changed MOSs after their first enlistment was up. I guess no one in your family and in your circle of friends ever divorced either right (gonna wait for a bullshit answer). No one ever decided to start a business later in life that they had never even thought of when younger. Imagine Bill gates, Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos sticking with only their first job or idea. Yeah great imaginary world you live in.
18 year olds arent college grads

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

that doesnt say shit about changing minds just that adolescents make decisions and solve problems differently than adults.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that doesnt say shit about changing minds just that adolescents make decisions and solve problems differently than adults.

Exactly. Which is why they are indecisive when compared to adults. Really isn't that difficult.

You should just take the L and move on.

You won't.

But you should.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after their first enlistment were they 18? did they divorce at 18? later in life is not 18

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite part is how socaljim and trojanfan are now arguing 2 different points

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite part is how socaljim and trojanfan are now arguing 2 different points

Lol

I knew you wouldn't just take the L.

I haven't argued a different point. What I find hilarious is that you think I'm arguing a different point.

You're wrong. It's really that simple.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Which is why they are indecisive when compared to adults. Really isn't that difficult.

You should just take the L and move on.

You won't.

But you should.
thats not what it says. making decisions differntly is not the same as making a decision and changing it. why did you buy that car? i liked it and wanted it. why did youi buy that car? because if was financially reasonable? why did you buy that car? because i like the color. why did you buy that car? because it gets good gas milage.
all different reasons all different mind sets