• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of rumors but nothing solid. Some still think Clancy will leave but I don't think that's going to happen. I hear they want an NFL guy for the D line which hopefully happens.

Getting an NFL guy for the d-line would be really good. I hope they keep Clancy. I like his defensive philosophy and the players seem to like playing in his defense. The biggest problem for the defense this past season, imo, were injuries and the fact that the offense rarely helped them out after halftime. Turnovers and 3 and outs from the offense is going to wear down any defense.

Wouldn't mind keeping Drevno as the o-line coach. I saw some noticeable improvement when he took over. Also wondering if Kingsbury will also be the QB coach or if USC will hire a new one?

One other good thing from the Kingsbury hiring is the perception of the program. It's went from dumpster fire to getting the one guy everyone said they needed and with that I think the level of the other assistants will go up.

Yeah, one of the things that I heard said was that Kingsbury being willing to go to what looked to be a situation that could be tenuous for at least another season, would look at it as less tenuous than they thought and would be willing to join the staff.

Helton seems to have hit a home run with his OC hire. Now he needs to be as smart with the rest so that his home run can be a grand slam.

Texas was really trying to sway Mccoy with all the turmoil at SC.He was there for the USC Texas game as their visitor and they made quite an impression. I was at that game and that was a crazy atmosphere. But I think that will stop now.

Hadn't heard about those bastards at Texas trying to sway Bru. lol

But yeah, at least they can't use the coaching situation to try to sway him anymore. His skill set should fit in really well with Kingsbury's offense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting an NFL guy for the d-line would be really good. I hope they keep Clancy. I like his defensive philosophy and the players seem to like playing in his defense. The biggest problem for the defense this past season, imo, were injuries and the fact that the offense rarely helped them out after halftime. Turnovers and 3 and outs from the offense is going to wear down any defense.

Wouldn't mind keeping Drevno as the o-line coach. I saw some noticeable improvement when he took over. Also wondering if Kingsbury will also be the QB coach or if USC will hire a new one?

Yeah, one of the things that I heard said was that Kingsbury being willing to go to what looked to be a situation that could be tenuous for at least another season, would look at it as less tenuous than they thought and would be willing to join the staff.

Helton seems to have hit a home run with his OC hire. Now he needs to be as smart with the rest so that his home run can be a grand slam.

Hadn't heard about those bastards at Texas trying to sway Bru. lol

But yeah, at least they can't use the coaching situation to try to sway him anymore. His skill set should fit in really well with Kingsbury's offense.

I can't wait to see Mccoy in action. He's a WR that also plays DE and has that mentality. Think Juju smith but taller and thicker.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask the media they will probably mostly say Eason because they presume with his arm strength/size and SEC starting history he's a lead, but that's not how Petersen works. I'd still give him the edge simply because of that size and arm. Former UW/NFL QB Hugh Millen describes him as having the strongest arm he's ever seen. But.. there's a reason a frosh moved past him at Georgia.

Petersen has traditionally liked a QB that can take the top off a defense and force safeties to stay home. Eason is at least very attractive to him then. He's been on the practice squad all year so the coaches have some familiarity with his skills going into spring ball.

There are 3 others though which is a GREAT problem to have isn't it?

Haener: Most experienced of the 3 with at least a few plays of live fire, however his one time in a pressure situation lost the game and he looked way out of his element. 3* kid with some upside in skills, but not sure he has it between the ears to run a team. 6'0' and under 200lbs and a pro style QB that isn't any type of threat on the ground. Not my top choice. Think he's a Jr next year.

Sirmon: Red shirted this year. 6'5" and around 230ish. Pro style 4* that looks the part. Looked pretty good in the elite 11 finals and other such camps. Was listed as the 6th overall pro style coming out of HS. I like this kid a lot and if Eason doesn't have it, I'd probably lean toward this one.

Yankoff (ffs that name...): Also red shirted this year. 6'4" and around 205 dual threat that was also a 4* and ranked 6th nationally for dual threats. Makes good decisions and can pull it down and take off. Adds another element, but hasn't shown he can take the top off a defense like Eason and Sirmon can. Don't recall Petersen running an offense built around a dual threat before, but obviously there are upsides to adapting to that as really mobile QB's give defenses fits. He may not make as many explosive plays as those other two, but could keep drives alive more consistently.

I would rank them right now:
Eason
Sirmon
Yankoff
Haener

But I'm not handing it to Eason just yet. It's going to be a real battle in the spring. Staff has worked with all 4 so there are no mysteries for them. We will see which one looks like they are advancing the most and look ready enough to take on the role. I wouldn't even bank on a true #1 to be named before sometime in fall camp. I could see Petersen keeping them all on their toes right up to then to keep them working hard.
If Eason gets the call you think both Sirmon and Yankoff stay?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see Mccoy in action. He's a WR that also plays DE and has that mentality. Think Juju smith but taller and thicker.

Yeah, got to see a couple of his games at Mater Dei. Obviously different positions, but I remember watching DeShaun Foster when he was at Tustin High and Carson Palmer at Santa Margarita. They were men among boys when compared to everyone else on the field. That's how Bru looked to me.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see them both staying regardless. Seems one of them is destined to be the guy whether Eason wins the job next year or not, whichever one doesn’t will be gone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if Haener stays, but I wouldn't be surprised if Yankoff in particular took off. He wasn't a UW lifer coming in anyway and it was a shock when he picked the school. Sirmon has more ties, but also has his sights set on the NFL.

If ever there was a weird mix where you could get 4 to stay, this is one of those. Really depends on how Petersen classifies the other two and if either feels more the leader for taking it in '20. They also might not be in a hurry to transfer this year with 3 left to play after this coming season.

Again, unless Yankoff ends up as the starter (which AG and quite a few are in favor of) the most likely thing IMO is Eason starts with Sirmon listed as backup (same style, no change to offense to swap between them) and Yankoff at least explores other possibilities. Now that schools can't block kids from entering the transfer database and it isn't likely Petersen punishes a talented QB by pulling that scholarship when he did so, why wouldn't he? That new transfer rule really helps kids like him in these situations.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got an Avy bet with AG that it won’t be Haener next year. Made in the midst of all of our meltdowns after the Cal game. Think he said I’ll be sporting Haener’s mom if I lose, don’t know how fucked up I’ll be able to get with it with another husky fan at the start of the season. So basically it’s the lamest bet ever...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve got an Avy bet with AG that it won’t be Haener next year. Made in the midst of all of our meltdowns after the Cal game. Think he said I’ll be sporting Haener’s mom if I lose, don’t know how fucked up I’ll be able to get with it with another husky fan at the start of the season. So basically it’s the lamest bet ever...
I mean it's AG and the list of people willing to help make something funny you can live with that sticks it to him without dissing your own team is likely quite long. Just saying...

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's AG and the list of people willing to help make something funny you can live with that sticks it to him without dissing your own team is likely quite long. Just saying...
bad-ideas.gif

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned my wife is a graphic designer? I mean a nice big pic of Obama in an Oregon uniform springs to mind.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have I mentioned my wife is a graphic designer? I mean a nice big pic of Obama in an Oregon uniform springs to mind.

Why Oregon? Just do a picture of Petersen embracing him.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Oregon? Just do a picture of Petersen embracing him.
:nono: The goal was for dayman to have something that wouldn't also troll the rest of our fans after an avi bet.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono: The goal was for dayman to have something that wouldn't also troll the rest of our fans after an avi bet.

Well you guys have to take one for the team to troll one of your own

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would never make anyone wear Oregon anything, that’s gross. And I’m not gonna bring politics into a college football bet, even for a guy with a trump photoshopped into UW colors avatar. Believe it or not, even I have my standards.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have time to work on it. I mean there's basically zero chance Haener is named starter for game 1 next year. Not after that disaster vs Cal and how much more skill basically everyone else in the QB room has. So take your time and get it right.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to him for that but after seeing him gimp around the last games of last season I wasthinking he shouldn't put his body through the abuse of another season in college.

true... but in reality he didn't play much. last coupla games he ran as well as he did for most of '18. could be he's one of those guys who had a serious injury and it will plague them throughout their careers

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you ask the media they will probably mostly say Eason because they presume with his arm strength/size and SEC starting history he's a lead, but that's not how Petersen works. I'd still give him the edge simply because of that size and arm. Former UW/NFL QB Hugh Millen describes him as having the strongest arm he's ever seen. But.. there's a reason a frosh moved past him at Georgia.

Petersen has traditionally liked a QB that can take the top off a defense and force safeties to stay home. Eason is at least very attractive to him then. He's been on the practice squad all year so the coaches have some familiarity with his skills going into spring ball.

There are 3 others though which is a GREAT problem to have isn't it?

Haener: Most experienced of the 3 with at least a few plays of live fire, however his one time in a pressure situation lost the game and he looked way out of his element. 3* kid with some upside in skills, but not sure he has it between the ears to run a team. 6'0' and under 200lbs and a pro style QB that isn't any type of threat on the ground. Not my top choice. Think he's a Jr next year.

Sirmon: Red shirted this year. 6'5" and around 230ish. Pro style 4* that looks the part. Looked pretty good in the elite 11 finals and other such camps. Was listed as the 6th overall pro style coming out of HS. I like this kid a lot and if Eason doesn't have it, I'd probably lean toward this one.

Yankoff (ffs that name...): Also red shirted this year. 6'4" and around 205 dual threat that was also a 4* and ranked 6th nationally for dual threats. Makes good decisions and can pull it down and take off. Adds another element, but hasn't shown he can take the top off a defense like Eason and Sirmon can. Don't recall Petersen running an offense built around a dual threat before, but obviously there are upsides to adapting to that as really mobile QB's give defenses fits. He may not make as many explosive plays as those other two, but could keep drives alive more consistently.

I would rank them right now:
Eason
Sirmon
Yankoff
Haener

But I'm not handing it to Eason just yet. It's going to be a real battle in the spring. Staff has worked with all 4 so there are no mysteries for them. We will see which one looks like they are advancing the most and look ready enough to take on the role. I wouldn't even bank on a true #1 to be named before sometime in fall camp. I could see Petersen keeping them all on their toes right up to then to keep them working hard.
Browning is a 4th year senior and he makes it a habit of throwing dumb ass INT's so it's tough to hold one INT against Haener who was thrown in the Cal game because Browning was sucking big time.