• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey @wazzu31 …IF i have to fly your coug colors, at least give me the key to the Fireball cabinet. For a week i mean.

View attachment 188404
You can't be serious. That crap is right up there with the light weights that drink that Grolschlager crap. Grab yourself a jug of Cuervo and call it good.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey @wazzu31 …IF i have to fly your coug colors, at least give me the key to the Fireball cabinet. For a week i mean.

View attachment 188404

I’d let you have some whiskey or rum. I only drink fireball one time a year at an event in my hometown and have never purchased it. So I’m the wrong person to ask for that liquor. Once you leave Pullman you generally leave the Busch Light l, Fireball and a Wild Turkey back too.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, teams biting each other is a hallmark of the Pac no matter your view of any individual team within it. Undefeated teams are very rare.

However, the 'down' teams are in higher numbers and more down than typical. Last years downturn seems to only have been the beginning, not a blip.

It is, but usually there is one dominant team. And everyone thought UW was then Stanford and Oregon. Stanford is a fraud, Oregon’s defense is still FCS level and you guys are held back by your QB. Just saying there isn’t a real CFP caliber team and it truly sucks it happens to be the year after the conference became a laughing stock of the football world

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is, but usually there is one dominant team. And everyone thought UW was then Stanford and Oregon. Stanford is a fraud, Oregon’s defense is still FCS level and you guys are held back by your QB. Just saying there isn’t a real CFP caliber team and it truly sucks it happens to be the year after the conference became a laughing stock of the football world
It isn't Browning that has the huskies playing so flat this year. It's a combo of missing their killer pass rush (remember when they rushed only 3 and STILL sacked your QB so many times last year? lolz) after Vea left, and STILL not having a decent play caller. Hamdan might turn into one at some point, but boy has he been way off in his first season at the helm. It's been atrocious. Not quite as bad as Smith, but close. Losing their stud LT before the season started was also a major setback.

Well that, and once again kicking/special teams has been a massive adventure.

However your general premise is also flawed. They don't always have one dominate team. They do sometimes have 1-3 teams within striking range, but it's been well down more than just this year.

My original point still stands. The overall play in the conference is STILL getting worse, not better.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't Browning that has the huskies playing so flat this year. It's a combo of missing their killer pass rush (remember when they rushed only 3 and STILL sacked your QB so many times last year? lolz) after Vea left, and STILL not having a decent play caller. Hamdan might turn into one at some point, but boy has he been way off in his first season at the helm. It's been atrocious. Not quite as bad as Smith, but close. Losing their stud LT before the season started was also a major setback.

Well that, and once again kicking/special teams has been a massive adventure.

However your general premise is also flawed. They don't always have one dominate team. They do sometimes have 1-3 teams within striking range, but it's been well down more than just this year.

My original point still stands. The overall play in the conference is STILL getting worse, not better.

I’ll agree with your last statement. The conference as whole has become more of everyone going to the middle instead of to the top or bottom.

I will disagree with Browning to the end of the day. Even without your LT and Vea are all your killer players, you are still the most talented team in the conference and you are playing with a handicap having a right handed Kellen Moore behind center.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll agree with your last statement. The conference as whole has become more of everyone going to the middle instead of to the top or bottom.

I will disagree with Browning to the end of the day. Even without your LT and Vea are all your killer players, you are still the most talented team in the conference and you are playing with a handicap having a right handed Kellen Moore behind center.
You CLEARLY don't watch our games. They are running quite a bit of wildcat and even pure option runs... with a non option QB? :L Entirely uninspired calls on short distance plays and a lack of adjustment to what the defense is doing. You just don't see them doing things to exploit what the D is doing and draw them into big plays. He's basically calling high school level plays. Maybe that's a little harsh, but not far off.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just posting what the indexes are around right now. Not sure why anyone would care. Those lines don't mean anything really in a rivalry game.

FWIW, UW opened as a 4 point favorite

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly schedule and preliminary lines
Screenshot (16).png
Utah -14
UW -3.5
Cal -7.5
USC -7
Oregon State, Stanford, WSU, and ASU are all idle

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this week there are no other byes until Nov 10th (UW and Zona). More nonsense in the conference scheduling. 1/3 of the conference has byes on the same week (again just like week 5) and two teams end up with late byes despite 3 straight weeks with no one taking one.

Last year there were no weeks with 4 teams on a bye. It was more distributed, however they also still screwed several teams into very late season byes with USC's being the most outrageous giving them the last week off.
Given that they are entirely willing to put 1/3 of the conference on a bye at the same time, why is it necessary to give any team a bye past week 9? Just get them all done between weeks 5 and 9. Doesn't seem that hard.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this week there are no other byes until Nov 10th (UW and Zona). More nonsense in the conference scheduling. 1/3 of the conference has byes on the same week (again just like week 5) and two teams end up with late byes despite 3 straight weeks with no one taking one.

Last year there were no weeks with 4 teams on a bye. It was more distributed, however they also still screwed several teams into very late season byes with USC's being the most outrageous giving them the last week off.
Given that they are entirely willing to put 1/3 of the conference on a bye at the same time, why is it necessary to give any team a bye past week 9? Just get them all done between weeks 5 and 9. Doesn't seem that hard.
USCs was a fake bye. If they hadnt won the south they wouldnt have had any bye.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USCs was a fake bye. If they hadnt won the south they wouldnt have had any bye.
It was entirely inexcusable. There shouldn't be byes before week 4 at the earliest, and past week 9 at the latest IMO. And no reason to have more than 3 in one week.

These clowns just have no idea how to run a conference. None.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DpAGzgfU4AExU_C.jpg

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after these last two losses I need the bye week. Oline is weak, dline is weaker and even I am beginning to question some of the play calls.

This is the first home loss I have witnessed firsthand since I became a season ticket holder. Someone put the voodoo on me I guess.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well after these last two losses I need the bye week. Oline is weak, dline is weaker and even I am beginning to question some of the play calls.

This is the first home loss I have witnessed firsthand since I became a season ticket holder. Someone put the voodoo on me I guess.
That was a tough day at the office for sure Buddha. We've all been there and it still sucks.