• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brandon2.jpg
brandon3.jpg

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would both love and hate to see a guy like this end up playing for the Nevada Wolfpack. I would love it because G5 programs never get 5* players. And I would hate it because San Jose State would have to play him every year.

Of course, if he did sign with Nevada, he would probably drop a star. Because that's how it works.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would both love and hate to see a guy like this end up playing for the Nevada Wolfpack. I would love it because G5 programs never get 5* players. And I would hate it because San Jose State would have to play him every year.

Of course, if he did sign with Nevada, he would probably drop a star. Because that's how it works.
I'd rather see him play for Nevada than a PAC team ... or an SEC program.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather see him play for Nevada than a PAC team ... or an SEC program.
Ultimately, I would like to see him (or any recruit) find a pathway to the future that best fits their needs/wants/etc. If I don't like where he ends up, that's on me. He certainly doesn't owe me anything.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Utah fans especially but anyone can comment. I'm not sure if we've had a kid go on LDS mission before. I'm guessing Utah has experience with this. Is this a good thing? Do they always or usually come back to play football? Are they better because of the maturity or are they outta football shape and not as good? I seem to recall a kid at Notre Dame going on his mission then coming back and transferring to a Utah school (could have been BYU).

USC football: LB Tayler Katoa leaves for two-year LDS mission

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brandon3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

My guess is he wants to be closer to his family. I doubt Alabama is the choice if that's the case. Probably either Oregon or Cal.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for Utah fans especially but anyone can comment. I'm not sure if we've had a kid go on LDS mission before. I'm guessing Utah has experience with this. Is this a good thing? Do they always or usually come back to play football? Are they better because of the maturity or are they outta football shape and not as good? I seem to recall a kid at Notre Dame going on his mission then coming back and transferring to a Utah school (could have been BYU).

USC football: LB Tayler Katoa leaves for two-year LDS mission

I don't really care for it a whole lot but it depends on the kid. They are generally out of shape but by the end of fall camp are ready to go. Britain Covey for Utah just returned from his mission so you can watch him from 2 years ago to now for some comparison. They generally do grow up mentally though.
BYU will be recruiting your guy pretty hard while he's gone haha. And they can transfer when they get back without penalty because of the 2 year hiatus. See Harvey Langi transferring from Utah to BYU a few years ago for an example.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he wants to be closer to his family. I doubt Alabama is the choice if that's the case. Probably either Oregon or Cal.
UW will block him from going to another PAC team.[/QUOTE]

We'll see. The guy barely spent anytime at UW. If CP is really about family, he won't play petty games with this kid.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW will block him from going to another PAC team.

We'll see. The guy barely spent anytime at UW. If CP is really about family, he won't play petty games with this kid.[/QUOTE]
WTF does family have to do with him going to Oregon?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. The guy barely spent anytime at UW. If CP is really about family, he won't play petty games with this kid.
WTF does family have to do with him going to Oregon?[/QUOTE]

He wants to play somewhere within driving distance of Reno, given his family situation. I just saw on twitter that he's been given his release and can go to any school. That's what I expected.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants to play somewhere within driving distance of Reno, given his family situation. I just saw on twitter that he's been given his release and can go to any school. That's what I expected.
Pssst: San Jose State is just four and a half hours from Reno!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care for it a whole lot but it depends on the kid. They are generally out of shape but by the end of fall camp are ready to go. Britain Covey for Utah just returned from his mission so you can watch him from 2 years ago to now for some comparison. They generally do grow up mentally though.
BYU will be recruiting your guy pretty hard while he's gone haha. And they can transfer when they get back without penalty because of the 2 year hiatus. See Harvey Langi transferring from Utah to BYU a few years ago for an example.

Thats the messed up part of this. You spent all this time recruiting him ,he said yes, you gave him a scholarship and now he's gone for two seasons and he's a free agent when he gets back.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the messed up part of this. You spent all this time recruiting him ,he said yes, you gave him a scholarship and now he's gone for two seasons and he's a free agent when he gets back.

Exactly. Sometimes they are able to play as a freshman so you at least get a year out of them before they go.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recruiting Mormons can be tricky. I'd never recruit a kid who wanted to do a mission in the middle of his college career.