• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't think of a defensive weakness for Arizona. We are built for the championship.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say McConnel and Johnson might be the best defensive backcourt in the nation.
Agreed Jahii got hurt with an ankle but we made him play through it and he wasnt the same this is getting ridiculous 7-2 and lost to Miami we need Kearney, or Herb is just horrible!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herb had so much talent in 08-09 Abbott if he was consistant through out the year, but he ran a pathetic system the defense and the 3-2 match up zone was good but if he runs the system we run now with the 08-09 we go to the elite 8.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU needs to learn how to recruit outside of Arizona and get legit talent. Go to California and get some kids. Chances are they are better than whatever you find in state.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though.

1.Glasser
2.Abbott
3.Harden
4.Kuskiks
5.Pendergraph

That line up should of gone alot farther, Herb isnt a good coach, but is Kearney gonna be like Felix they said he was a glue guy..... We need him at the 3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturdays Pac 12 non conference match ups. We could make some noise with Colorado and UCLA especially. Let's go for the sweep!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here they are: all times are eastern

Washington State @ Idaho 10:00pm

#18 UCLA @ Missouri 12:30pm CBS

Arkansas Pine Bluff @ Oregon State 03:00pm Pac 12 Network

#6 Kansas @ Colorado 03:15pm ESPN2

Fresno State @ Utah 05:00pm Pac 12 Network

UNLV @ #2 Arizona 05:15pm ESPN2

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA also looks like a really good team. Much better than last season IMO.

Biggest threat to AZ is UCLA and Oregon.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Glasser and Harden from Cali.

Yep, and how long ago was that?

His point is that Herb is a bit inconsistent in getting good players from Cali. Other than those two and King, Herb sucks at getting players from Cali.

PS. What happened to Bach against Creighton?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, and how long ago was that?

His point is that Herb is a bit inconsistent in getting good players from Cali. Other than those two and King, Herb sucks at getting players from Cali.

PS. What happened to Bach against Creighton?
Early foul trouble, herb wanted to iso with Jahii instead of establishing the post with Bach. Guys started to chuck up 3s and during a 2nd half comeback we started going to Bach. They hit a 3 and we started flipping out and chucking again....... This team is obsessed with the 3. Bach is a great post up player in the paint but Herb needs to get a stretch 4 who can post from 18 feet out....... Another year, another Sendek team that lives and dies by the 3........

Coach Mcdermotte took an absolute shit on Herb out coaching him there guards shut down Jahii and Jermaine, and there plan was to try and get Bach in foul trouble early, herbs gameplan was for Jahii to explode and our shooters to spot up and nail 3s didnt happen..... Bach was the difference and its not that hard to get it inside givem em the fucking ball Idc if its a tough pass! They also exposed Egor a true freshmen but they let him shoot coach Mcdermotte is a hell of a coach. CTP shaq got ankle broke bad lmao...... Fucking troll. An uptempo team that cant run well in transition except for Jahii and sometimes Marshall even though slow! Welcome to Sendek (I keep my style of play no matter what) Sendek! Merry fucking christmas Jahii you deserve better!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mizzou looks good that 2011-2012 team with 4 guards was always entertaining.......This is how I wish Herb recruited speed and athletes.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lmao @ King man he woul of been nice with Lockett, Jahii, and Felix man but King never developed and was a chucker. Would of been better in this style of play but wouldnt share the back court with Jahii. Lmao @ all our good players transfering....... God Hawkins, Cain? Fuck Sendek get your bitch ass outta here!

Its kind of like last year what if Herb could of maintaned his recruits? Idk....... last season is over.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona-UCLA-Oregon-Colorado-California-ASSU-Stanford-Utah-USC-Oregon St-Washington-Washington St.

^How I currently rank the Pac^

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually believe Oregon State will win alot more games than people are giving them credit for...Once our 2 starters are off their 10 game suspensions (before the PAC conference starts) we'll be all right.

Gawd I love a DOG!

GO BEAVZ!:suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iv'e said it before and ill say it again. Zach LaVine from UCLA is LEGIT.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about when we get Kearney starting at the 3?

I keep telling you, Jahii. The problem is not your starters. The problem is your bench. So, assuming that Kearney comes and is a stud for you, that puts him in the starting line-up (because how could a player that is such an impact come off the bench, right?).

So, Egor goes to the bench.

The problem is that there is still a clear dropoff between the starters and the bench. Again--assuming that Kearney starts--what happens when Jahii has another minor injury, or Marshall gets in foul trouble during a game, or Bach has another bad game, or it takes Kearney a few games to get hot?

With the reduction in minutes for Egor (because those minutes are given to Kearney), his ppg will also drop. So, you have your starters doing all the contributing. The ppg goes from solid double digit scoring to those who are struggling to get 5 ppg.

It many not mean much at the beginning of Pac play, but again, when it gets to Feb/March, those guys are going to get tired from carrying the team. Kearney might be a stud (who knows, it remains to be seen), and he might end up winning you guys an extra game. But he is not going to single-handedly move you guys into the race for the top 4 in the Pac. If you guys end up there, it will be because the bench has come through to contribute, while the starters are able to rest. He is only one guy, and can't explain how the back-ups for Marshall, Jahii, and Bach will be able to step up throughout the course of the season. Whenever a starter has a bad game, the rest of the team isn't strong enough to step up and get them through. That's what happened with Miami and Creighton. When you look at the fact that 9 of the last 15 games for ASU this year are against teams projected to finish better than ASU (and more than half of them are on the road), it's going to take a dramatic improvement to finish ahead of them. Again, nothing is set in stone, but ASU is going to need to beat ranked teams (not when they play, but on Selection Sunday). And every loss against non-tourney teams is going to move you in the opposite direction. Kearney won't be your savior. It will have to be your bench.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big weekend for the Pac, on the hardwood!

I'm really looking forward to the KU/CU game in a few hours. I think this is a really good opportunity for CU. I think that although Wiggins is a better offensive player than Dinwiddie is a defensive player, With the two matching up pretty well in terms of size and length, it might give Wiggins some trouble. The CEC should be on fire, too, and we'll see how the young freshmen of KU handle a very hostel environment on their first road game. I know Roberson is gone, but I think that there is some real potential in their starters. I am worried about CU's bench being able to contribute, so I'm glad that this game is early in the season. Hopefully they can catch the KU players overlooking the Buffs for playing @FL on Tuesday. Because to be honest, KU has not looked very good at all in their last 3 games, and CU might punch them in the jaw today. Pac could really use another top ten win.

I am also looking forward to the UCLA/Mizzou game today, and the Oregon/Miss St game tomorrow. A couple of good wins against some of the best in the SEC would also really help the Pac RPI. Both Mizzou and Miss St are receiving votes, and despite neither team having played anyone really tough this year (much like Oregon and UCLA), I think that either SEC team is primed to hand a loss or two to FL and UK this year. So, wins against them for the Pac, would really help.

I am a little disappointed with the middle of the Pac. Utah is a nice surprise, because at least they are winning the games they should, right now. I'm not too disappointed over the Boise State loss, on the road, by two. And hopefully BYU is the only other team that beats them before January. I was hoping that Stanford would have been able to beat either BYU or Pitt, but neither is a bad loss. I'd like to see them steal a win against either Michigan or UConn. That would land them in the top half of the Pac, to me. They look solid, but Dawkins needs to get a little more out of them. But Cal and ASU have really taken some hits so far. Between those two, their biggest wins this season have been against Marquette (and Marq has a lot to prove to me), and Arkansas. The bad losses of those two though hurt much more: Miami and UCSB. Those sting a bit. ASU losing to Creighton by 28 and Cal losing to Dayton by 18 are also pretty embarrassing.

I just can't expect much from the bottom of the Pac. As much as I love seeing UW eat shit and die slow, it hurts the Pac, and we could have really used them to boost the conference RPI. Romar needs to go. I get that he's got some horses hurt (JJ, and Simmons who will redshirt), but still. If UW can't beat either SDSU tomorrow (at Viejas), or UConn, then their biggest non-conference win will be at home, against LBSU, by three, in 2OT. Holy shit... what a dumpster-fire. Hopefully losing to Cal-Irvine, Boston College, and getting drubbed by Indiana are as embarrassing as it gets for Romar. I think it will get worse though.

I do like Oregon State a little bit, but with Moreland out, it sucks that he won't be coming back until after we start Pac play. Good on them for beating Maryland, though.