• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

P12 Tourney

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just to get us until our first game board for the tourney.

I still think we win this. We should have a bunch of AZ fans there, and it's ours for the taking. Bear Down, can't wait!!:yahoo:

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got AZ and Oregon in the final.(I haven't seen the brackets yet)

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got AZ and Oregon in the final.(I haven't seen the brackets yet)

With so many teams jammed up in the middle, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out!!!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday at Noon vs Utah or Washington

Friday at 6pm likely vs Cal or Colorado

Saturday championship likely vs UCLA, ASU, or Oregon, or MAYBE Stanford

Last edited by a moderator:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone finds a good source for tickets let me know. I've tried the usual avenues and the best I've come up with for Session 3 (Thursday morning Zona game + Cal game) is in the $60 - $75 range (upper level sideline)

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday at noon? Shit, I have school. :( I hope none of the big tourney games are before 4pm for zona.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish this team could shoot free throws. It's ridiculous the best team in the nation is so horrible at the easiest part of the game.

The reality is if they allow games to remain close in the final minutes in these tournaments, they are going to lose one. They'll draw fouls easily, but if Aaron Gordon hits one of four, it's not going to matter.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii is going to beef up his NBA stock for the NBA scouts. (albeit his lack of performance lately)

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before:

2pr71wy.jpg

After:
wgswag.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have ever read a word I've said about AP polls over the years you will know that I don't put too much stock into them... they are largely a popularity contest and are by no means based upon the best 25 teams over the course of the season, but rather how teams fared that week. In a nutshell; the AP poll is not a good gauge week by week to determine who the best teams are, but with a wider perspective, the rankings a team has for an entire season are more meaningful.

So, with that being said, some recognition needs to be given to coach Miller and the team this year for their accomplishments. They were ranked #6 in the preseason poll and stayed there again the first regular season poll before moving into the top-5 by week three and not looking back. With their #4 ranking this week, that makes 17 consecutive weeks ranked in the top-5.

With the parity in college basketball today, being considered one of the top-5 teams for four and a half months straight is something to be proud of. Arizona has now been ranked in the AP top-5 132 weeks in their history, and 17 of those are thanks to this year's team.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gumby: You nailed it. If we needed any confirmation of your point that it's a popularity contest, just look back and see the AP had Duke ranked #4 (despite arguably not even being a top 10 team) had of many more deserving teams. Duke promptly responded by losing to Wake Forest. The only surprise is they weren't ranked #3 the next week.

Predictions for today:
WA, CO, OR, ST

Had to go with one upset pick (WA). I think the Beavers are capable of an upset, but don't see it happening.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gumby: You nailed it. If we needed any confirmation of your point that it's a popularity contest, just look back and see the AP had Duke ranked #4 (despite arguably not even being a top 10 team) had of many more deserving teams. Duke promptly responded by losing to Wake Forest. The only surprise is they weren't ranked #3 the next week.

Predictions for today:
WA, CO, OR, ST

Had to go with one upset pick (WA). I think the Beavers are capable of an upset, but don't see it happening.

I think Oregon state has a legit shot to upset the duckies. I know Oregon is playing good as of late but if the beavers to can limit Oregon's ability to shoot the 3, then they have a good shot to win this game. Also, I hope Washington wins because we match up better against them. Utah is a good team and they gave us fits last time we played them.