• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overly optimistic?

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bleacherreport.com

No question that these guys are going to have to shoulder a good bit of the load in the upcoming season. - But do you really think that they will rack up the goals/assists that this article predicts?

I'll be over the moon if they do, but these projections just seem a bit much to me.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are some pretty high numbers for a couple of prospects. I would love it if those predictions are true but he was shooting for the moon on that article. We can barely get our top scorers in the 60's for points and he's thinking some of our second and third liners will do it. Hope is always there, go Wild!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say their expectations for Mikael Granlund, Jason Zucker, Charlie Coyle, & Nino Niederreiter might be a bit high. I don't doubt that all 3 will be very good players for the Wild, but I don't think you could expect them to make that much of an impact. I think if the Wild are going to improve offensively, it will have to be due to Zach Parise, Ryan Suter, Jason Pominville, & Mikko Koivu. Maybe Dany Heatley will also have a good year with it being his last year on contract as well. If the Wild do improve offensively, it will more likely be due to the vets and leaders of the team, not the prospects, not yet anyway.

Also will be interesting to see how they use Brent Burns. He did very well as a forward, but as of now the Wild do need dmen more than forwards. I think they should play him as a dman but if they need offense convert him to a winger. Worked well for the Sharks last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the Wild will use Burns? He hasn't been on the team in 2 years