• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under Stas

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over on 610 Sports this afternoon, Danny, Carrington and I went through the over / under list for the Kansas City Chiefs players (via Bovada).

My answers revealed to me that I expect more passing offense this year, less dependence on Jamaal Charles and a huge year for Justin Houston.

Here were my choices on the show.
Alex Smith passing yards: 3,400

He had 3,313 last year. If the second half of his season was for real, I would expect the OVER here.
Alex Smith passing touchdowns: 22.5

Assuming Smith passes more, I will say slightly OVER here.
Alex Smith interceptions: 10

Interceptions are somewhat random and even though Smith has a track record of throwing very few, I say the OVER here.
Jamaal Charles rushing yards: 1,200.5

Jamaal had 1,287 rushing yards last year. The Chiefs also have Knile Davis in year two and De'Anthony Thomas working out of the backfield along with Joe McKnight. They'll take 87-plus yards from Jamaal so I say UNDER.
Jamaal Charles touchdowns: 13.5

Charles had 19 last year, which was by far the highest of his career. Does he come back to Earth? I think so but not that much. I say the OVER by a touchdown or two.
Jamaal Charles receiving yards: 525.5

This seems low compared to Jamaal's 693 receiving yards from last year. I say OVER.
Dwayne Bowe receiving yards: 850.5

This is a tough one because I do expect Bowe to have a better year. But that's a nearly 200-yard jump from what he did in 15 games last year. I say UNDER.
Dwayne Bowe receiving touchdowns: 5.5

He had five last year. More opportunities this year mean a touchdown or two more. OVER.
Tamba Hali sacks: 9

Whether it be because of injury or age, I think this is the year Tamba starts to decline a little bit. Of course, I thought the same thing last year. I still say UNDER only by a sack.
Justin Houston sacks: 12.5

Contract year. OVER.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/9/3/6103013/kansas-city-chiefs-over-under-alex-smith-jamaal-charles-dwayne-bowe

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note: Starters played 15 games or fewer last year. Factor that into guessing.