• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over and Under

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many games will the Patriots beat the Broncos record this year? Really......
Go on record.

Conversely, How many games do the Broncos beat the Patriots record by?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk once again about this topic in a couple of months when things could have changed dramatically? I mean we still have the draft and of course the Broncos are waiting to see how the whole Romo situation resolves itself.

As things stand now I could see the Broncos going 10-6 and the Pats at 14-2. So I would say 4 games difference in favor of the Pats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk once again about this topic in a couple of months when things could have changed dramatically? I mean we still have the draft and of course the Broncos are waiting to see how the whole Romo situation resolves itself.

As things stand now I could see the Broncos going 10-6 and the Pats at 14-2. So I would say 4 games difference in favor of the Pats.

Things can change drastically almost any time......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to get into reasons I would say division plays into it. Broncos are playing in what many consider the toughest division in football. They will beat up on each other unfortunately.

Also right now as a Bronco fan just so hard to judge our team because we don't know the QB situation. Has Lynch and/or Siemian developed? Will we get Romo and can he stay healthy? I like our defense still and the new additions should be a huge help in the run defense that struggled. On offense I like the moves for the OL but the LT situation is frustrating. My guess is our starting LT is not on our roster right now.

With the Pats they are just a bit more established of what their team will look like come September.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things can change drastically almost any time......

Agreed it can. Injuries to key players, suspensions, turnovers can drastically change outcomes. Hard to figure out the path of player development. I am hoping that Paxton can be like Derek Carr in struggle his rookie year then see the light bulb turn on year 2. Hard to know what players will or won't respond like you hope.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed it can. Injuries to key players, suspensions, turnovers can drastically change outcomes. Hard to figure out the path of player development. I am hoping that Paxton can be like Derek Carr in struggle his rookie year then see the light bulb turn on year 2. Hard to know what players will or won't respond like you hope.

I saw much in Carr his 1st year. I see nothing like that in Lynch. I know you are hopeful and Elway is all in but do you really want to start the season with Lynch? I like Siemian better......

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw much in Carr his 1st year. I see nothing like that in Lynch. I know you are hopeful and Elway is all in but do you really want to start the season with Lynch? I like Siemian better......

Really? I watched pretty much every game of Carr's from his rookie year. I thought he was down right terrible with very few glimpses of hope. Have to remember with Paxton you have 2 1/2 games worth of tape and that is it. Carr at least had a full season to make a couple of throws that gave a person hope he could develop.

As for Paxton at least for me the Tampa Bay game is the one I look to for hope that he can develop. He was thrown into the game and just didn't have time to really think through too much. So we saw his natural athleticism shine through and his passes were very much on point. He was throwing to all parts of the field with pretty good success. And like I said then he just let his athleticism show up when things broke down and made some nice plays outside the pocket.

To me you have to put Paxton in the right system to succeed. At least early on in his career he is not going to be your traditional sit in the pocket and go make plays kind of guy. He needs to be able to move around some and let his improv skills kick in as a QB. Honestly kind of like Cam his rookie year and Dak this past year where you design an offense around what they are comfortable with then slowly start working them towards a more traditional offensive style.

Siemian I like but I question his ability to stay healthy an entire year. He hasn't shown that ability since what high school? If he could stay healthy then I like his chances of developing into a decent starting QB. I honestly have no problem with either one starting this next year. I like the upside of both.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say the Pats have a down year next year(well so to speak) and the Broncos have 1 more win then the Pats.I guess that makes my guess as 1.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver doesn't significantly improve O line and run game, they'll finish with 6-7 wins and Pats blow them away. If they ( Denver ) do improve those areas substantially, I believe they see each other in AFCCG and Denver is favorite at home. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Pats can go 13-3 pretty easily in that division. They won't get any competition out of any of their rivals. The Dolphins may swipe a win, but the Pats will be 5-1 vs the AFC East. It's good to be good. It's even better when your rivals all suck. Broncos certainly won't have that luxury in 2017.

I gave the Broncos an early prediction of 10-6 somewhere on here a while back. I'll probably revise that after the schedules and draft are complete.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have the talent to win the Super Bowl - and they have a long, high mountain to climb in order to come together as a team - where Offense, Defense and Special Teams pick each other up each week. The record doesn't matter so much as who is playing their best ball going into the playoffs.

With the young QB - either one - the Broncos will need the run game and short passing game working to be effective. Pass defense is so much easier when you have a credible threat of successfully running the ball.

I say 10 wins - is a good number for my over and under.

One thing about Kubiak - I hope VJ copies is the pacing of the season and the rotating of the players in and out.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver doesn't significantly improve O line and run game, they'll finish with 6-7 wins and Pats blow them away. If they ( Denver ) do improve those areas substantially,
I believe they see each other in AFCCG and Denver is favorite at home. :)

Recent history says you are likely correct.....