• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Outdoor Games

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It appears we are going to have atleast 1 outdoor game this coming season with the sharks hosting in San Francisco.

What are your opinions on these games? If anyone went to the Devils game this year what did you think about it?

I'm personally not a fan anymore but I've only ever watched them on TV. The first one in 2003 was great and I watched most of the day's events. However, my interest is slowly waning. This past year was the worst. I wasn't even aware half the games were taking place and ended up just seeing highlights after the fact. There's no more excitement factor to me and with the games always having terrible hockey there is no reason for me to watch anymore.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The novelty is certainly wearing off but it was a lot of fun. As long as people keep filling stadiums they will keep having them.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been to two. Devils vs Rags last year and Boston University vs Boston College in Fenway. Both were awesome.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the games are only going to remain "popular" to the fans of those teams that aren't in them still.

if they had a outdoor game again here next year they would have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE hard time trying to fill yankee stadium again.

i know that this is the "winter classic" and is different then the "stadium series" but to keep it fresh they have to start getting some different teams in it.

what they really should've done is put the "no market" teams in this first when everyone wanted to see the game and not who was playing it...then turn to the star teams when interest falls.

i think getting the game out of the east coast for a few years might do some wonders. i also think night time games look better on tv.

what they SHOULD eventually do is move the all star game to being the winter classic.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been to two. Devils vs Rags last year and Boston University vs Boston College in Fenway. Both were awesome.

Yea, I suspected that. The big events are usually a lot more fun live than on TV.