• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our QB situation

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have a TON of QBs....And we just got verbals from two 4 star QB recruits...I like it because that creates great competition, but I am suprised we keep getting top QBs to commit here. I mean we were all high and praising Cody Green when he came in, but now people are talking about how great Turner is going to be....The thing is, if Green ever steps up and becomes the leader Turner won't get many years at the helm.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new kid on the block is always the cool kid...........

I don't get the sudden hatred for Green because he couldn't come in and play like Tommie Frazier........ But that's the way a lot of Nebraska fans are........ The truth is he didn't play that fucking bad for people to be dawgin on him, if he was a redshirt sophomore or a junior- then yes he played like shit, but he was 18....

I still think Cody could be a damn good QB in the future........ And would not at all be surprised if he takes the opening snap on september 4th.........

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Green can be a great QB too and im glad he got the reps that he did this past year because that is nothing but experience for the young man...But with studs like Turner and others coming into NU IF Green stays at the top then these other guys won't get that many years as being the QB...Green very well could go the next 3 years as our starting QB..And if he does these other tops quarterbacks won't see the field much.

I guess redshirting will almost be a guarantee at the QB position.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green can be a great QB too and im glad he got the reps that he did this past year because that is nothing but experience for the young man...But with studs like Turner and others coming into NU IF Green stays at the top then these other guys won't get that many years as being the QB...Green very well could go the next 3 years as our starting QB..And if he does these other tops quarterbacks won't see the field much.

I guess redshirting will almost be a guarantee at the QB position.

And there is nothing wrong with that..

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all.... A true freshman should never have to take a snap at qb... unless he is just that good.... Green wasnt really ready... but Lee just wasnt getting it done.. the coaches had to try the next best player...

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe just maybe you redshirt Green last year and let Washington take the snaps......Although I think Green might be better this past year then Washington, Washington couldn't have done any worse..And IMO Washington is one hell of an athlete.

But alas nothing we can do about it now..Unless coaches know Green wont get any snaps this year and just have the position to Lee and Martinez?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Sept. 4th rolls around and the QB takes the field and everyone is like "who the fuck is this guy??" because he doesn't look familiar, and then he turns around and the name on the back of his jersey is Jack_John_Mark

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone would still say "who the fuck is this guy". :D