• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our fanbase is freaking out over redshirting O'brien

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously.......

Are we getting dumber? How in the flying fuck did anyone actually think a little kid was going to come in here and start over Tommy Armstrong?

Shaking my damn head.....sweet Mother of God.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen anything about it, and most of my friends are husker fans.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News to me. If POB is red shirted then the choices are....

Tanner Lee. The Grad Transfer. Hmm, he can't play until 2017.

Ryker Fyfe Senior OK, I remember him. My last choice for this offense. Not sure if his one start was abnormal or if it was a sign of OH MY GOD. But I will go with a sign of OH MY GOD.

AJ Bush. Wasn't he recruited as a running QB? Same mold as TA. OK, I guess he is the backup.

Looks like the coaches will be telling Tommy don't run the ball.

1st String Tommy Armstrong
2nd String AJ Bush
3rd String Ryker Fyfe
4th String Zach Darlington I predict a move back to QB since there are too many good receivers.

This does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I would have rather seen Patrick O'Brien get experience in 2016 to be the possible starter in 2017. Unless Tanner Lee is really that good, which I don't think he is. I am just scratching my head on this.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
News to me. If POB is red shirted then the choices are....

Tanner Lee. The Grad Transfer. Hmm, he can't play until 2017.

Ryker Fyfe Senior OK, I remember him. My last choice for this offense. Not sure if his one start was abnormal or if it was a sign of OH MY GOD. But I will go with a sign of OH MY GOD.

AJ Bush. Wasn't he recruited as a running QB? Same mold as TA. OK, I guess he is the backup.

Looks like the coaches will be telling Tommy don't run the ball.

1st String Tommy Armstrong
2nd String AJ Bush
3rd String Ryker Fyfe
4th String Zach Darlington I predict a move back to QB since there are too many good receivers.

This does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling. I would have rather seen Patrick O'Brien get experience in 2016 to be the possible starter in 2017. Unless Tanner Lee is really that good, which I don't think he is. I am just scratching my head on this.
We can redshirt him and then pull the redshirt at any point if TA goes down. There is no set date you have to say a player isn't redshirting by...a player could burn their redshirt in the bowl game if they wanted. I'd slate POB at #2 and get him lots of reps, but have Fyfe ready to go in for spot duty and only actually go to POB if it is going to be a long-term situation.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no way anyone could have expected O'brien to start.

That is insane. This isn't exactly the same situation as 2010 where Zac Lee didn't even know how to snap the ball. We have a decent QB with 5 years under his belt. He's explosive and has shown that he can be immature.

Tommy has the ability to be one of the best in the country. That is a fact. You have to give a talent like Tommy with that experience a chance to do something his Senior year.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should absolutely not redshirt him, he won't be playing anyway so he can just ride the bench with the other redshirt frosh and still get the full experience
Jerks

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should absolutely not redshirt him, he won't be playing anyway so he can just ride the bench with the other redshirt frosh and still get the full experience
Jerks

He is still available to have his redshirt removed if Armstrong gets injured.

The beauty of redshirting.

He still gets the reps in practice and doesn't have to waste a year of eligibility. It's just a no-brainer en sech.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is still available to have his redshirt removed if Armstrong gets injured.

The beauty of redshirting.

He still gets the reps in practice and doesn't have to waste a year of eligibility. It's just a no-brainer en sech.
The logic persists he should not redshirt, not play, which he won't unless a catastrophe, then play out his remaining 3 yrs, then I guess use the shirt by taking a year off Jr or Sr.
I suppose the stupidity could be so severe they're thinking he should start right now but that's borderline retardation logic. Prett much I don't understand either way that doesn't include an extra year of foosball, on the house (ncaa wise)
It will literally be a fucking calamity if TA goes on IR at any point of the schedule

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daily, Carnes, Green, Jamal Turner (that was a good one), Starling, Stanton.... All should have been starting from day one, and rightfully so after filling up on Tito Tacos for an inconceivable amount of years

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guise I think Jack should start. I know he's young but he had the best TD run out of anyone in the Spring gamez

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll probably transfer in 2 years anyway

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, i don't see a problem with redshirting, as others have said, it can be pulled if necessary. TA is the clear cut starter. if he's injured severely than bring in POB, if it's not much roll with Bush or Fyfe. Fyfe's a senior too right? then 2017 is an open year and all QBs are a go for the competition.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant that Rex Burkhead guy start this year?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bubba is only 45 mins from campus now (I think I read that somewhere), He's got all 4 years of eligibility left. Maybe he can start this season.