• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: OU at Kansas State on Fox

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:Such need for attention. Yeah, that relationship is rock solid.

Some people are like that. Me I want privacy. If you look up my real name on Google you find nothing. That's happiness. Don't belong to any social media, unless you call this social media, and therefore nothing that anyone says has any effect on me.

On the day they took pictures in the Army, I went to sick call. As far as I know there are no pics of me on the net.

Even the telemarketers are clueless. They think I'm the same guy who had the phone in 2013 when I acquired the number. I have a lot of fun with them. Especially the bill collectors. I told them I sold a leased car because I needed the cash. It was hysterical. They really went crazy.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow the Browns are tied in the 3rd. Tennessee must be really bad.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.....Rodney Anderson is definitely the feel-good story of the weekend. Two full seasons lost to injury and he wills his way into the endzone on a busted off-tackle run.

Can't be any sweeter for him right now to have come through all the adversity and made a real difference when given a chance.

SALUTE!

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU's got to keep winning, of course, but more than that is the necessity for some style points. This is going to be a year when a bunch of teams are going to have the same records and the argument is going to be heated as hell between teams who played virtually no one all season, those who won a lot of games but looked like shit doing it, those who claim they played the schedule from hell and have some losses, etc. OU's got to win some games convincingly with impressive scores or it's going to bite them in the butt. That's another reason our D is killing us this year giving up points by the train load to teams with mediocre/poor records.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU wins out they make the playoffs. PAC is already screwed. I have a feeling the ACC could do the same. A win over TCU will put you in, especially since you might get to do it twice.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If OU wins out they make the playoffs. PAC is already screwed. I have a feeling the ACC could do the same. A win over TCU will put you in, especially since you might get to do it twice.

I think we'd make it into the playoff, barely, if we do that. I'd love to play Penn State. Their QB lobs passes like they're coming out of a mortar. I think we'd do fine against Bama too. But Clemson would be a hell of a tough game to win. Wisconsin doesn't scare me. Georgia would have a hell of a time winning a boat race against us. Miami and Notre Dame would be tough games that Oklahoma should win if we played well. The team that I don't think we'd beat is Ohio State. But it's all academic if our fuckin' defense keeps talking like Tarzan and playing like Jane.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'd make it into the playoff, barely, if we do that. I'd love to play Penn State. Their QB lobs passes like they're coming out of a mortar. I think we'd do fine against Bama too. But Clemson would be a hell of a tough game to win. Wisconsin doesn't scare me. Georgia would have a hell of a time winning a boat race against us. Miami and Notre Dame would be tough games that Oklahoma should win if we played well. The team that I don't think we'd beat is Ohio State. But it's all academic if our fuckin' defense keeps talking like Tarzan and playing like Jane.

Alabama looks real tough and I don't see anyone beating them. Still anything can happen in a 1 game playoff. Ohio St is coming on, maybe. They haven't beaten anybody that's any good. They still have to play Penn St, Michigan St and Michigan. Then there's Wisconsin for the title. That's a tough row of games. Miami is getting ready to lose. Notre Dame is looking like a contender to make it. I still think Georgia might be the 2nd best team in the country. To me, they look like the only team that can give Alabama a game.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama looks real tough and I don't see anyone beating them. Still anything can happen in a 1 game playoff. Ohio St is coming on, maybe. They haven't beaten anybody that's any good. They still have to play Penn St, Michigan St and Michigan. Then there's Wisconsin for the title. That's a tough row of games. Miami is getting ready to lose. Notre Dame is looking like a contender to make it. I still think Georgia might be the 2nd best team in the country. To me, they look like the only team that can give Alabama a game.

I don't give a darn about the past when I'm trying to pick a winner in a game being played now but for some reason history does tend to repeat itself with certain teams. For some reason Saban flinches if you hit him right between the eyes with a high octane offense that makes his D play a bit off balance because they aren't being given much time between plays to think things through. Ohio State will have to prove itself but if you guys get through the rest of the regular season without losing again I'd pick you to win it all. Alabama would be a close second choice for one reason: they are maybe not as strong as they would have been if they'd played a decent schedule this year. That little bit of coasting they've been able to do could be the difference in a tight game with all the chips on the table.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope I’m wrong but I’ll be shocked if OU doesn’t lose at least one more game.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa State keeps shocking folks, Ohio State runs the gauntlet and OU wins out with a few style points they may get in.

With Notre Dame making noise now there could be some problems with this scenario but they won't have that crucial 13th data point to fall back on, only their name and wins against several lower ranked teams.

If Penn State wins out tOSU won't even be included in the CCG, again. Wisconsin will have a hard time getting any play with the committee, you would think, without any decent teams on their resume.

One of the Washingtons will have two losses by CCG time, potentially leaving only one 1-loss team in the PAC that will have to face a pissed off USC team more than likely.

ACC will be NC State/Clemson vs Miami/VT in the CCG. Who knows...

No margin for error really. Whatever Mike did in 2nd half adjustment yesterday needs to be the mode used from here on out.