• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Other free agent talk

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought maybe having a thread for just bear talk and another one for the rest of the teams would help keep the conversations separate.

Osweiller to Houston 4 years 72 million 37 guaranteed. #Benchmefortheplayoffshuh?

Reports are Forte is close to a deal with the Jets. #maybemarshallwasnotthatbad

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller to Houston as well.

Jacksonville making splashes with Wilkerson, Ivory and a couple others.

Surprised Osweiller bolted to Houston. Really blurs things up for Denver.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Osweiller to Houston... Well cash is king. Only 7 career starts and the dude get's $76M holy shit. ...and you guys complained about Jay contract? ha.

With Denver losing some major players in Travathan & Jackson. And needing to commit so much to Von Miller. I don't see that defense being as dominant in a year or two. They will also lose more players from the SB team. You add in the living up to Peyton Manning and John Elway....or being your own guy in Houston. (who has the #1b best Dlineman in the league in JJ Watt...)

Forte: I don't get it with the Jets... Zero QB... a blowhard WR on his last legs. Sorry Matty I don't see this as your chance for a ring late in your career. Hope you can stay healthy and produce...just didn't want to root for the Jets.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoeyTourettes

Jets are a pretty damn good team, outside of the QB position. However, I think Fitzpatrick will be back and they seem to like him. They missed the playoffs only by way of heartbreak on the last day of the season to a Rex Ryan revenge upset and the Bills. Still went 10-6 and took a lot of steps forward. A lot of pieces on both sides.

Also... I agree on Marshall being a blowhard and think he's a ticking time bomb, but physically he's hardly on his last legs. Lol... Come on... Him and Decker were statistically the best duo in the NFL last year. He performed great.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Miller to Houston as well.

Jacksonville making splashes with Wilkerson, Ivory and a couple others.

Surprised Osweiller bolted to Houston. Really blurs things up for Denver.
Malik Jackson but yes they are making splashes. Oakland is having a good offseason as well.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JoeyTourettes

Jets are a pretty damn good team, outside of the QB position. However, I think Fitzpatrick will be back and they seem to like him. They missed the playoffs only by way of heartbreak on the last day of the season to a Rex Ryan revenge upset and the Bills. Still went 10-6 and took a lot of steps forward. A lot of pieces on both sides.

Also... I agree on Marshall being a blowhard and think he's a ticking time bomb, but physically he's hardly on his last legs. Lol... Come on... Him and Decker were statistically the best duo in the NFL last year. He performed great.

I dont think the Jets have given up on Geno Smith either, he has some tools, just forced to start too soon. I dont think they need to bank on Fitzpatrick.

As far as complaining about Jays contract, Osweiller is on the books for 4 years, only 37 million guaranteed. I was pleasantly surprised that he did not get that 100 million deal Kaperdick got. Thats much better than 126 million over 7 years for a guy that has not proven much.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay's Contract was $38M guaranteed originally... than he got the 10, and now 6 more based on roster bonuses... $54 total. But he had a few more than 7 starts before he got that...but sure- if you want to say that Osweiller's contract is "better" than Jay's you go right ahead... you're just funny man.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being stuck for 4 years instead of 7 is better.

In other news that Joey might not have a personal vested interest in, Former Chicago Bull and 3 time NBA slam dunk champion Nate Robinson has been working out preparing for a tryout with an NFL team.

Nate played cornerback in College, and we know he can overcome his 5'9 size with his incredible hops.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the Jets have given up on Geno Smith either, he has some tools, just forced to start too soon. I dont think they need to bank on Fitzpatrick.

As far as complaining about Jays contract, Osweiller is on the books for 4 years, only 37 million guaranteed. I was pleasantly surprised that he did not get that 100 million deal Kaperdick got. Thats much better than 126 million over 7 years for a guy that has not proven much.

Jay is not on the books for seven years... he was for three. 3 years for 54 million. After 2016, he can be turned loose and we do not owe him a dime.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase & the Dolphins signed C.J. Anderson to an offer sheet.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gase & the Dolphins signed C.J. Anderson to an offer sheet.
4 years 18 mil for a middling RB... No thanks.

Jeez. I forgot how ridiculous SB free agent pay days are.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay is not on the books for seven years... he was for three. 3 years for 54 million. After 2016, he can be turned loose and we do not owe him a dime.

If Jay is on the roster when the nfl year starts, his contract kicks in for the following season. We are going to be stuck with him for 7 years since they have no plan to replace him. If we draft a QB this year, maybe he gets turned loose, but that wont work out because its what I want.

As far as the money, both are an AAV of 18 million 4x18=72 7x 18=126 and the only thing Jay proved in Denver was that he was not their choice to be their franchise quarterback.

Anyway, really glad CJ Anderson is not coming here, especially after resigning Rodgers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jay is on the roster when the nfl year starts, his contract kicks in for the following season. We are going to be stuck with him for 7 years since they have no plan to replace him.

What in the love of GOD are you talking about?

If Jay doesn't come through this year, we can turn him loose before early March next season or trade him. Gone, goodbye. There is no penalty for doing so. THEREFORE, not on the books.

Your line of thinking is ludicrous. That since we don't RIGHT NOW have a replacement for Jay, we're destined to hold onto him for seven years? All SEVEN of them!? Pace didn't put together Jay's contract, Emery did, he has no commitment to him. If he doesn't like what he sees, he is gone. I 100% guarantee it.

Jay is NOT on the books for 7 years. Stop. Just stop. Even if he stays past next year, for a 4th year. At the very least, he'd draft/sign/trade for a QB then and keep Jay around one more year so the other QB can learn under him. He is not on for seven. It is completely up to Pace and the front office when to cut him loose.

Jay, RIGHT NOW. Is on the books for one more season at 18 mil. That's a FACT. Stop acting as though anything else is the case.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda disapointed that DT/DE Jarvis Jenkins went to the Jets ("Chicago Bears EAST coast version"?) thought he played well on his one year prove it deal. Thought the Bears would bring him back- 3 years $8M was reasonable.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But still...fuck Jay Cutler, amirite er' amirite? Eh?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the love of GOD are you talking about?

If Jay doesn't come through this year, we can turn him loose before early March next season or trade him. Gone, goodbye. There is no penalty for doing so. THEREFORE, not on the books.

Your line of thinking is ludicrous. That since we don't RIGHT NOW have a replacement for Jay, we're destined to hold onto him for seven years? All SEVEN of them!? Pace didn't put together Jay's contract, Emery did, he has no commitment to him. If he doesn't like what he sees, he is gone. I 100% guarantee it.

Jay is NOT on the books for 7 years. Stop. Just stop. Even if he stays past next year, for a 4th year. At the very least, he'd draft/sign/trade for a QB then and keep Jay around one more year so the other QB can learn under him. He is not on for seven. It is completely up to Pace and the front office when to cut him loose.

Jay, RIGHT NOW. Is on the books for one more season at 18 mil. That's a FACT. Stop acting as though anything else is the case.

At least I am the one NOT trying to make this all about Cutler. 18 million is the starting point for any QB considered franchise today.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel officially cut by the Browns, Sanchez traded to Denver, while Denver tries to get Kapernick or Fitzgerald in that order to be the starter.