• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Whats with players disrespecting coaches

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a symptom of the entitlement mentality that the modern day recruiting process has, but some of these players think that they are divas that can tell a coach what's what. Two stories I read from this weekend were (1) Teddy Bridgewater waving off the punt unit after Charlie Strong sent them in and (2) Clowney criticizing his coaches' defensive game plan.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where do these guys get the balls to do this? If I was a coach, I'd sit their ass down, I don't care how great they are. Thats just plain showing up the coach and only a kid who thinks he's untouchable could get away with that. Throw in Manziel showing up his coach when he got the unsportsmanlike and walking right by him, bumping shoulders with him on the way to the bench shows that these "marquee" college players believe they are untouchable.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a symptom of the entitlement mentality

I think you summed up the issue with this simple sentence right here.

Entitlement is now the way of America. These college athletes or most young adults my age (23) are just representing the culture we've become. To stay away from Political issues, I'll leave it at this.

America has become soft, politically correct, to the point where coaches such as Bobby Knight are no longer allowed to discipline. Does Bridgewater wave off the punt team if maybe Woody Hayes calls for a punt? Does Manziel ignore a Bobby Knight? Both answers are no, at least not without discipline. This is something that we have lost in this country. Now it's all about how much we can coddle our youth, or young adults. And again, let me stop before Politics emerge.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you summed up the issue with this simple sentence right here.

Entitlement is now the way of America. These college athletes or most young adults my age (23) are just representing the culture we've become. To stay away from Political issues, I'll leave it at this.

America has become soft, politically correct, to the point where coaches such as Bobby Knight are no longer allowed to discipline. Does Bridgewater wave off the punt team if maybe Woody Hayes calls for a punt? Does Manziel ignore a Bobby Knight? Both answers are no, at least not without discipline. This is something that we have lost in this country. Now it's all about how much we can coddle our youth, or young adults. And again, let me stop before Politics emerge.

At least Sumlin put Miss Football on the bench!!! I'll give him credit for that.