• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Vancouver People

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
The help training their kids?
My thought was if you have a $350,000 vehicle, you are better off getting your kid a used Honda or something to drive on.

The insurance difference alone on the maybach would pay for a little shitbox.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought was if you have a $350,000 vehicle, you are better off getting your kid a used Honda or something to drive on.

The insurance difference alone on the maybach would pay for a little shitbox.
When I was in the states this past weekend, I went for a ride with my brother in law (to Jersey Mikes to get some cheesesteaks :thumb: ) in his Audi R8

he has a 1998 paint delaminated Honda Accord that he drives to the park and ride when he has to go into the office in downtown Seattle ... its an interesting contrast lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still looking to replace my 1995 Volvo 850 that bit the dust a couple of years ago (I probably could've fixed it, but didn't want to spend the money, it gave me 8 good years, it was time to let it rest).

/Saw a red 1998 Volvo S70 (that was the model that replace the 850) for sale in Parksville, only 209K, I could probably get it for a little over 3K :D

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still looking to replace my 1995 Volvo 850 that bit the dust a couple of years ago (I probably could've fixed it, but didn't want to spend the money, it gave me 8 good years, it was time to let it rest).

/Saw a red 1998 Volvo S70 (that was the model that replace the 850) for sale in Parksville, only 209K, I could probably get it for a little over 3K :D
Did your first car have that hand crank in the front to wind the motor?
:behindsofa:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My second car was a 1976 245 DL wagon. Had electric O/D on the 4 speed stick.

A sweet very much under the radar car.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, taxes, overpass crashes and crane collapses. Apparently one of the cranes at Oakridge or a surrounding site fell.

Edit: Dropped it's load. Depending on where it landed, that can be much worse.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Death, taxes, overpass crashes and crane collapses. Apparently one of the cranes at Oakridge or a surrounding site fell.

Edit: Dropped it's load. Depending on where it landed, that can be much worse.

If the dropped load landed anywhere near people, you can bet they dropped a load themselves.

As a summer student, I used to work in a Papermill driving forklift and grab trucks. When I was being trained, we were moving around 2000 kg rolls of kraft paper, the brown stuff.

The guy training me was talking to another trainee as I was attempting to place the 245 cm roll on top of another. But I didn’t have it high enough so I grabbed what I thought was the up lever but wasn’t.

The grab pads released just enough to allow the roll to drop to the concrete floor of the warehouse with a resounding boom.

The trainer who was not watching literally shit himself.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the dropped load landed anywhere near people, you can bet they dropped a load themselves.

As a summer student, I used to work in a Papermill driving forklift and grab trucks. When I was being trained, we were moving around 2000 kg rolls of kraft paper, the brown stuff.

The guy training me was talking to another trainee as I was attempting to place the 245 cm roll on top of another. But I didn’t have it high enough so I grabbed what I thought was the up lever but wasn’t.

The grab pads released just enough to allow the roll to drop to the concrete floor of the warehouse with a resounding boom.

Landed on someone, unfortunately.

It doesn't take much to make me shit myself but in short if I see a control zone anywhere I don't go near it. Especially with the apparent reliability of overhead work in this place.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Landed on someone, unfortunately.

It doesn't take much to make me shit myself but in short if I see a control zone anywhere I don't go near it. Especially with the apparent reliability of overhead work in this place.

i know the focus right now is on Trucks and overpasses but you have to think that with this recent tragedy, the crane collapsing last year, the building falling over while they were constructing it and numerous other major accidents on worksites is an alarming trend.

are people so fatigued that they are not being safe? are they not properly trained?

on drivers safety today I was driving in today and a guy in a delivery van was driving erratic and decided to tail gate pick up truck with a trailer from about 3 feet from bumper to bumped. He was so close that I thought the truck in front of him had tuned off and I missed it.

the courier van had a lane to take but he wanted to tail gate. one tap of the brakes and that is a huge wreck.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opposition is in shambles so I don’t think they stand a chance of losing but this isn’t a great budget. That “home flipping tax” stinks to high heaven of the first step to taxing all home sales.