• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: The Walking Dead - BEWARE OF SPOILERS

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTWD started great because it was focused on how quickly civilization fell apart... by that I mean the first episode... then it just went to shit immediately. I stopped watching it 2 episodes into season 2 and have not watched one since

I dont know if you all finished TWD original series. but they introduced variant walkers into it.. (basically stole Romero again on Walkers that remember how to do basic functions e.g. Climb, open doors etc.)

they acted like it was so scary and traumatic that they could learn to do these things....

I recently rewatched season 1 as it is just the best... and EVERYTHING they introduced in the last season about variant walkers was already happening

trying to open doors
climbing fences
using tools to smash windows

the show runners just didn't fucking care about continuity or the fans intelligence for following a story at all anymore since Negan.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw a teaser for The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon

he is um..... in France. yeah... he made it across the ocean. over 13 years or more since civilization ended he found more gas to take him across an ocean. Unless he sailed but I dont know...

I have recorded but not watched the Negan/Maggie spin off and as gluten I am for punishment I not sure I can bring myself to watch it. I loved maggie in the earlier days but once she got a bigger role her character really annoyed the hell out of me.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw a teaser for The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon

he is um..... in France. yeah... he made it across the ocean. over 13 years or more since civilization ended he found more gas to take him across an ocean. Unless he sailed but I dont know...

I have recorded but not watched the Negan/Maggie spin off and as gluten I am for punishment I not sure I can bring myself to watch it. I loved maggie in the earlier days but once she got a bigger role her character really annoyed the hell out of me.
in the first dead city (I already forgot about this new show until your post lol) episode there was a short like 15 second clip of him laying on some sort of raft / debris in the middle of a body of water looking half dead ... and then it flashed Walking Dead Daryl Dixon lol ... I hadnt even heard he was getting yet another spinoff. :noidea:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

I did enjoy
the old Neagan making an appearance

also
the angle on Maggie climbing the ladder

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did enjoy
the old Neagan making an appearance

also
the angle on Maggie climbing the ladder
is it a decent show? should I give it a chance. My wife is flat out nope on it so I am on my own lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
is it a decent show? should I give it a chance. My wife is flat out nope on it so I am on my own lol
i don't know if i can honestly answer that.
it's just a blur of the same old shit

i will say it is so far better that the steaming pile of shit that is Fear the WD (which i am still watching for some reason)
and miles better than Beyond, which was garbage the whole way through (but i watched all of)

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know if i can honestly answer that.
it's just a blur of the same old shit

i will say it is so far better that the steaming pile of shit that is Fear the WD (which i am still watching for some reason)
and miles better than Beyond, which was garbage the whole way through (but i watched all of)

200w.gif

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
cannot believe i lasted through the entirety of Fear the Walking Dead.

just terrible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much abandoned the whole franchise after the original finished. And I don’t miss it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave dead city 2 episodes... That's as far as I went
I have no idea what the premise for that is. All I know is that is Negan and Maggie in NY.

I know Daryl is based in Europe. No idea how he was supposed to get over there. In the comics, Rick’s brother was in Paris when everything hit the fan. I assume Darryl went there to look for him?

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Oh yeah, the Daryl thing.
I got a few episodes into that one as well.

Geez, I have a lot to catch up on. Lol

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I left after the Daryl Easy Street episode, one of the most comically bad shows ever IMO

I watched Fear for a while, do not remember the last straw. Maybe something about a big hotel on the beach?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on the walking dead where Beta was shown to be a country singer in the past (if I remember correctly) and he was playing a record of his and a bunch of zombies were standing outside of a building listening.

And he sewed a piece of Alpha’s skin to his mask.

At that point, I never finished the episode and had no desire to ever go back to watching again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave up on the walking dead where Beta was shown to be a country singer in the past (if I remember correctly) and he was playing a record of his and a bunch of zombies were standing outside of a building listening.

And he sewed a piece of Alpha’s skin to his mask.

At that point, I never finished the episode and had no desire to ever go back to watching again.
In the comics, he was a huge NBA star (like Shaq-level star). I don’t know why they decided to go with the country music angle instead.