• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Premiership Forum

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

reminds me of this:

hockey_354949.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the Juve game where the fan took that weak penalty, Pirlo missed his shot :omg: ... now considering a career move (to germanys delight)

he's no wes welker

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lest we forget this Habs interloper at practice a few years ago:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he throws like a ronaldo

[YOUTUBE]I-EeFrpJRPc[/YOUTUBE]

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garber wants to expand... Alot: MLS To Add Four New Teams By 2020

I would love to have an MLS team in Charlotte.

Elevating the Carolina Railhawks as the article says could be a possibility would be a huge mistake, IMO, unless they move the team. They play right now in Cary, which is too far out of Raleigh to draw much from their population as the 2nd largest city in the state and is 2+ hours from Charlotte, the largest. Their attendance is OK by NASL standards, but they couldn't support the numbers needed for MLS. Even their stadium, with the exception of San Jose, seats about 1/2 of any other stadium in MLS.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who they should or shouldnt add, I dont follow the "minors" much. But to jump to 24 so soon would be a mistake, especially since relegation would never work in the US.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know who they should or shouldnt add, I dont follow the "minors" much. But to jump to 24 so soon would be a mistake, especially since relegation would never work in the US.

I dont think so at all ... if youre worried about the player pool to choose from ... don't

MLS is just starting to tap South and Central America for national level players ... if i was running a league in south and central america Id be worried

yah promo/relegation as we know it wont work here with owners paying over 50mill for franchise fees

i think they will head to a modified style relegation/promotion system where they run an internal league-within-a-league side by side ... maybe an MLS superliga (more games and not knockout like US Open Cup) where only certain teams qualify for it ... with big money on the line for winners

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the talent pool, I'm worried about fans actually showing up. If some of these teams that do have a strong following do get bumped up, whats to say they'll stick around if ticket prices get bumped up as well since you know billionaires dont care about winning they just care about money.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the talent pool, I'm worried about fans actually showing up. If some of these teams that do have a strong following do get bumped up, whats to say they'll stick around if ticket prices get bumped up as well since you know billionaires dont care about winning they just care about money.

are you referring to a team getting promoted from a lower league and getting an expansion franchise in MLS?

Vancouver, Seattle and Portland all came to MLS from USL ... ticket prices went up ... and attendance went up

I dont think Don Garber is a bumbling idiot ... hes doing things the right way ... be great if he took over for bettman imo

this season looks to be a tipping point for MLS ... only 1 team is left in the league that doesnt have (or isnt planning to build) a soccer specific stadium ... and all of the stadiums seem to be easily expandable for future growth

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Calgary builds a new stadium with a retractable roof for the Stampeders and also a potential MLS franchise down the road.

/Population of Calgary now over 1.5 million

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have an MLS team in Charlotte.

Elevating the Carolina Railhawks as the article says could be a possibility would be a huge mistake, IMO, unless they move the team. They play right now in Cary, which is too far out of Raleigh to draw much from their population as the 2nd largest city in the state and is 2+ hours from Charlotte, the largest. Their attendance is OK by NASL standards, but they couldn't support the numbers needed for MLS. Even their stadium, with the exception of San Jose, seats about 1/2 of any other stadium in MLS.

i'll fight you for them! :)

i dont think Cary is too far outside of Raleigh, just because Chapel Hill and Durham can both feed in to Cary as well. certain parts of Durham anyway. i definitely think there's enough soccer fans in the triangle to support an MLS team, but i do think they'd have to either add on to Wake-Med or build a new stadium. i remember reading somewhere that there are additions to Wake-Med in the works should the Railhawks did get promoted

i really want them to promote the Railhawks. I'd try to go to every game if they did that. NASL just doesn't have the pull.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDL (development league for USL) is having their championships this weekend in Austin.

PDL-Championship0801.jpg

Victoria Highlanders (West Conference champs) take on the Thunder Bay Chill (Central Conference champs) while the Ocean City Nor'Easters (Eastern Conference champs) take on the Austin Aztex (Southern Conference champs).

Let's go Highlanders!

One of the best stories of the season also finds itself in Austin, with the Victoria Highlanders FC undergoing a big transformation to go from sixth place to the Northwest Division champions in one year. With a passionate fan base behind them, the Highlanders surged to the top of the standings in one of the PDL’s toughest divisions, beating out three MLS affiliates to take top spot behind the outstanding defensive work of Tyler Hughes and the dynamic attacking pairing of Brett Levis and Jordan Hughes, both of whom had nine goals in the regular season.

http://pdl.uslsoccer.com/home/743669.html

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDL (development league for USL) is having their championships this weekend.

PDL-Championship0801.jpg

Victoria Highlanders (West Conference champs) take on the Thunder Bay Chill (Central Conference champs) while the Ocean City Nor'Easters (Eastern Conference champs) take on the Austin Aztex (Southern Conference champs).

Let's go Highlanders!

saw that ... cdn team will make the finals :canada:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PDL (development league for USL) is having their championships this weekend.

PDL-Championship0801.jpg

Let's go Highlanders!

One of the best stories of the season also finds itself in Austin, with the Victoria Highlanders FC undergoing a big transformation to go from sixth place to the Northwest Division champions in one year. With a passionate fan base behind them, the Highlanders surged to the top of the standings in one of the PDL’s toughest divisions, beating out three MLS affiliates to take top spot behind the outstanding defensive work of Tyler Hughes and the dynamic attacking pairing of Brett Levis and Jordan Hughes, both of whom had nine goals in the regular season.

United Soccer Leagues (USL)

whitecaps had 3 u-18's see time on their pdl roster ... there were rumours Sam Adekugbe had signed a pro contract and was gonna suit up saturday v portland ...so the players are coming for canada ... eventually

Whitecaps residency players: A future, earned

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can we atleast agree that they should probably avoid Atlanta? 2 NHL teams have come and gone plus the Hawks already dont draw well (then again, what NBA team does?) I'm sure if the Falcons starts losing they'd be on "blackout watch" too.