• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT Peytons big tip UPDATE

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Bizz that posted the original story how Manning left a huge tip at a steak house in Raleigh. Well it turns out they fired the guy for taking a picture of it.

It was a good thing Peyton Manning left such a nice tip for his server at the Angus Barn because it was one of the last the server would ever receive at the Raleigh, N.C., steakhouse.

According to the Triangle Business Journal, a server at the restaurant was fired after posting a photograph of the generous tip Manning left on a $625 bill. The restaurant included its own 18 percent gratuity, bringing the tab to about $739, and Manning added another $200 on top -- roughly -a 50 percent tip. "Jon" was terminated by restaurant owner Van Eure for violating the restaurant's privacy policy.

Yeah, you probably shouldn't post a photograph that includes the last four digits of Peyton Manning's credit card number (we've blurred them, just to be safe). That's bad publicity for the restaurant. It surely can't afford for the Raleigh glitterati to think that all their checks will be posted on Twitter.

It comes as no shock that Manning's a good tipper. I'm sure he held the door for people when he walked in, called his waiter "sir" and pulled out the chairs for everyone at his table, all while donating money to charity and shaking hands with strangers.

No, the only thing that's surprising about this is that a restaurant with "Barn" in its name has such a pricey menu.

Peyton Manning leaves generous tip, server gets fired for posting a photograph of bill | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, dumb ass.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure the publicity from the server being fired is going to do wonders for business.

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wondered if this would happen when I saw it on facebook.
My first thought was, what an idiot. He's toast. lol

95bd3b0a-422a-42ec-b5ff-657c3d866624.jpg

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to the author of that blog..

"No, the only thing that's surprising about this is that a restaurant with "Barn" in its name has such a pricey menu."

it will be the best steak you ever had.

the barn f'n rocks.

I'm going to a huge yearly party up there for work in mid April, very excited. The food will be amazing as always. And the service is 5 star, all day, every day.

And yes... it is located in what was once a barn. :D

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice avy.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure the publicity from the server being fired is going to do wonders for business.

its a higher end steakhouse no?

i actually think the act of firing this server because he breached PRIVACY rules will keep the high tipping whales/celebrities coming in ... if not increase them in numbers

/theres a reason why hockey players keep going back to the roxy vip basement in vancouver

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and to the author of that blog..

"No, the only thing that's surprising about this is that a restaurant with "Barn" in its name has such a pricey menu."

it will be the best steak you ever had.

the barn f'n rocks.

I'm going to a huge yearly party up there for work in mid April, very excited. The food will be amazing as always. And the service is 5 star, all day, every day.

And yes... it is located in what was once a barn. :D

I think he was just trying to be a smart ass.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I figured he would be fired what a twat to post that with his name and the digits on it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my experience, places with "barn" in the name, which are located in former barns, have really excellent food.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read the original article the first thing I chuckled at was the name of the establishment. That name does not exactly make me think of a high end establishment.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I read the original article the first thing I chuckled at was the name of the establishment. That name does not exactly make me think of a high end establishment.

This popped immediately into my head, comeds...

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Peyton and Jon both have one thing in common, they're both unemployed.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waitresses with high pain thresholds, and a steady supply of eager chubby chicks?

SOB didnt get into the basement that night lol

/what happens in the basement stays in the basement

"whaddya mean ... theres no basement in the roxy"

:lie::suspicious::think::noidea: :there should be a smilie of the Iraqi minister of informations face:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol
oh man
the guy I re-posted this form is freaking out, been pinging me all day, thinking he is somehow responsible for this dude getting fired. :clap2:

Had to tell him that WE didn't decide to take a picture with the last four of PM's credit card # and decide to post it to a public forum where it will never be deleted.
All WE did was repost it, simply going along with the Natural Order of Things.
If we didn't repost it, others would have (and obviously did)

:rofl::peep:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what the big deal is.... ?

So the last 4 digits of a famous person's CC are now public info... big deal? Here's 4 more: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9283

I mean, yes, you're not supposed to take a picture of a receipt and post it on teh interwebs but still a bit harsh to fire the guy, IMO.

PS. He is also giving your joint a shit ton of publicity... for free. :L

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the last 4 digits of a famous person's CC are now public info... big deal? Here's 4 more: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-9283

I mean, yes, you're not supposed to take a picture of a receipt and post it on teh interwebs but still a bit harsh to fire the guy, IMO.

im no expert ... but i would think releasing this type of info to the public ... no matter how obscured the visa number may be ... is a violation of PCI compliance

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get the point that this joint services a ton of wealthy and/or famous peeps, and they tend to enjoy their privacy when they go to certain places.
That can make a certain class of people shy away form an establishment if they think it will immediately go on a public forum.
It wouldn't surprise me if Peyton and his crew were down in the wine cellar in one of the private rooms. So I get where the ownership is coming from.

Publicity for the restaurant aimed at you and me doesn't mean shit, because I regularly can't afford a $100 steak + sides + drinks.
But this kind of publicity can give the joint a sort of black eye to their higher end clientele.