• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dog is a pushover and a complete spaz. She just wants to meet people. If I released her, she would just jump on the person and lick them and try to get them to play.

Her bark sounds like death is imminent.
Padme came from a rough life when we rescued her. She trusts me and our Vet but all other Men she is very wary of. She has gotten alot better as we worked with her and hopefully she will be good with all my male friends. Except Craig... fuck that guy

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Yeah, that is stupid but what drives nuts is why are people willing to pay more for water in a can vs the plastic bottle. Not like either gets recycled properly.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remediation Companies. If you even have to use one document EVERYTHING down to the "T" with timestamped photos, videos, when they come and go and what they clean up and remove.

They are essentially insurance scammers to overcharge you for items, so you will claim it against homeowners insurance.
A simple example they will charge you a fee for debris removal even they don't take anything away. They do this as an excuse to say they need to take away debris they caused even though they just bring in equipment to use. I get a debris removal if they actually take away damaged items from your house but not a fake charge for nothing.

Also, if they bring in fans for drying they will bring in "extras" and let them sit there and charge you for them.

Finally, they base their work on how long they are there, and that meter starts the second they are dispatched and not when they arrive to your house.

Never used one until just recently and still dealing with this because of the BS they are charging. Initially they will only give a receipt for the full cost, hoping you will just pay or submit an insurance claim. ALWAYS ask for the itemized receipt, and you will see the "fake" charges.

NOTE: I caught them in a lie and they tried to accuse me of taking photos after they were done during staging the tear down of their equipment. I had the time stamped photos and video's showing this was during the event and not in use.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Similar vein. Never used one but heard the horror stories. Don't ever let one of these insurance roofer companies on your roof. They are trying to scam you into getting a new roof. They never give you a quote and only want your insurance company information. Essentially they purposely want to find enough damages to meet your deductible to get a new roof. Yeah sounds good until you realize the fishy crap they do.

Essentially they will damage your shingles and items on your roof on purpose to meet that deductible. And then if your claim isn't approved you are stuck with a damaged roof you need to repair and that company is long gone.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some restaurants make chicken wings by cooking each variety in its own sauce, and they're great. Others cook all the wings the same, and just spoon on sauce at the end. That leads to bland food. Cook the wings right, dammit.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No confirmation that this it at the Tampa airport...

When people don't stand three feet back from the luggage conveyer.

EVERY airport should have a marked/painted zone around each conveyer that says "Pickup/Grab Only - Do not stand in this zone!"

If everyone does that, all can see their bags and it's easy to step up and grab yours when it comes out. If everyone crowds right against it, it makes everything harder. It drives me crazy that (1) people don't do this on their own and crowd around the belt like these dildo-watching morons in the video and (2) that every airport doesn't mark the lines to help facilitate this and reduce conflict and incidents.

It's a win-win situation for all involved, but it mostly isn't done because most people are dumb as fuck.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remediation Companies. If you even have to use one document EVERYTHING down to the "T" with timestamped photos, videos, when they come and go and what they clean up and remove.

They are essentially insurance scammers to overcharge you for items, so you will claim it against homeowners insurance.
A simple example they will charge you a fee for debris removal even they don't take anything away. They do this as an excuse to say they need to take away debris they caused even though they just bring in equipment to use. I get a debris removal if they actually take away damaged items from your house but not a fake charge for nothing.

Also, if they bring in fans for drying they will bring in "extras" and let them sit there and charge you for them.

Finally, they base their work on how long they are there, and that meter starts the second they are dispatched and not when they arrive to your house.

Never used one until just recently and still dealing with this because of the BS they are charging. Initially they will only give a receipt for the full cost, hoping you will just pay or submit an insurance claim. ALWAYS ask for the itemized receipt, and you will see the "fake" charges.

NOTE: I caught them in a lie and they tried to accuse me of taking photos after they were done during staging the tear down of their equipment. I had the time stamped photos and video's showing this was during the event and not in use.
Quick update.

So I got more push back from them stating they worked from 8am to 7pm the second day at the house and had to work the whole last day. Naturally I was like oh really!?!?
I sent them the ring doorbell videos of them showing up at 1:30 PM and then leaving by 3:30pm on the second day.
Then on the last day they were supposed to show up at 8am to get the equipment. I sent them the ring doorbell video of them showing up at 4pm and the recorded voice mail I had to leave them about picking up their stuff. This is another part of the scam they do, they purposely leave stuff there long than needed to state it was more work than necessary and just to keep the meter running, on their equipment, longer than needed.

This morning I received an updated bill that went from $3,800 down to $1,200.....

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^One last item of note. If they ask you what your homeowners deductible is, never disclose that. Essentially that is their goal to meet that, sort of like the roofers I mentioned above. I was told that from my Insurance Agent, granted those schemers have their own motives to not pay, but it was good info to help catch them in their BS.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what really drives me nuts is eating my lunch at 1130 and then not having lunch for later and all I have to blame is myself.

idiot

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
what really drives me nuts is eating my lunch at 1130 and then not having lunch for later and all I have to blame is myself.

idiot
I also like to beat the rush when i am downtown, so went out at 11:30 for a happy meal, then on the way back to the office i see my colleagues heading out for dim sum.
shoulda waited!

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My director, who is in Manhattan tried to send a time-lapse video of the Empire State building and the haze from the New York Times website in our group slack channel.

However, it was a linked to an article about gas stoves in New York City.

So now the whole slack channel is filled with people arguing about gas vs electric stoves.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My director, who is in Manhattan tried to send a time-lapse video of the Empire State building and the haze from the New York Times website in our group slack channel.

However, it was a linked to an article about gas stoves in New York City.

So now the whole slack channel is filled with people arguing about gas vs electric stoves.
Gas, obviously. But since I don't have a natural gas line to the house I'm stuck with electric.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fedex...

Monday, 7/10/2023
1:16 PM
Picked up
BELDEN, MS

5:15 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
WHITSETT, NC

6:03 PM <-almost 1000 miles in 4 hours
BELDEN, MS

6:06 PM <- oops, went back
Shipment arriving early - haha
BELDEN, MS

9:11 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
BELDEN, MS

Tuesday, 7/11/2023
12:12 AM
OLIVE BRANCH, MS

9:28 AM
Departed FedEx location
OLIVE BRANCH, MS

10:10 PM
In transit
SAYRE, OK <- going in right direction!!

Wednesday, 7/12/2023
5:19 AM
At local FedEx facility
WHITSETT, NC <- oops, went back again #2

7:24 AM
In transit
WHITSETT, NC

3:49 PM
PHOENIX, AZ <-almost to Vegas!!!

Thursday, 7/13/2023
1:30 AM
Departed FedEx location
WHITSETT, NC <- oops, went back again #3

6:24 AM
KERNERSVILLE, NC

12:10 PM
Departed FedEx location
KERNERSVILLE, NC

WTF - per Fedex maybe delivered tomorrow, maybe the 16th

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Fedex...

Monday, 7/10/2023
1:16 PM
Picked up
BELDEN, MS

5:15 PM
WHITSETT, NC

6:03 PM <-almost 1000 miles in 4 hours
BELDEN, MS

6:06 PM <- oops, went back
Shipment arriving early - haha
BELDEN, MS

9:11 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
BELDEN, MS

Tuesday, 7/11/2023
12:12 AM
OLIVE BRANCH, MS

9:28 AM
Departed FedEx location
OLIVE BRANCH, MS

10:10 PM
In transit
SAYRE, OK <- going in right direction!!

Wednesday, 7/12/2023
5:19 AM
At local FedEx facility
WHITSETT, NC <- oops, went back again #2

7:24 AM
In transit
WHITSETT, NC

3:49 PM
PHOENIX, AZ <-almost to Vegas!!!

Thursday, 7/13/2023
1:30 AM
Departed FedEx location
WHITSETT, NC <- oops, went back again #3

6:24 AM
KERNERSVILLE, NC

12:10 PM
Departed FedEx location
KERNERSVILLE, NC

WTF - per Fedex maybe delivered tomorrow, maybe the 16th
UPS may be going on strike, so this is bout to get waaaay smoother.