• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The city just finished a new section of greenway near me that, depending on how you measure, is somewhere between 18 months and 20 years behind schedule.

The brand new section has several large areas that are so poorly graded that they get buried under two inches of mud after every rain.

There's also an entrance/exit to the sidewalk at one spot that the city decided was too expensive to make ADA compliant, so they just left it as steep gravel that has already largely washed away...right onto the rest of the greenway.

And we're somehow shocked to be one of the least walkable cities in America.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got an email alert that the boil water advisory for our area was lifted.

What I didn't get was the email alert telling us we were under a boil water advisory since FRIDAY NIGHT

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local traffic. There is roadwork near me that is a mess and there is roadwork north of me on 95 that causes backups and accidents most every day. When that happens everyone gets off at my exit and the roads cannot handle it. Twice this week I almost made it home and the last two miles took another hour.
I can't do that everyday anymore. I'll go insane. Or insaner.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people who expect the rest of the world to pick up after them.
if you can't control your existing brood, stop fucking

I hike a lot and what drives me nuts are the folks that leave their dog poop bags along the trail.

Granted there is a lot of other trash that drives me nuts. But this one drives me nuts because seriously you are making it worse by adding a plastic bag to the mix. In all honesty it would be better to just make sure the dog craps off trail and then cover it with leaves, dirt or brush.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hike a lot and what drives me nuts are the folks that leave their dog poop bags along the trail.

Granted there is a lot of other trash that drives me nuts. But this one drives me nuts because seriously you are making it worse by adding a plastic bag to the mix. In all honesty it would be better to just make sure the dog craps off trail and then cover it with leaves, dirt or brush.
that is such a frequent sighting (the bags get thrown into trees and just hang there all ornamental like) in these parts you would think shit grew on trees :noidea:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Or the water in New Orleans......think about this water system for a minute and all the sewer treatment plants along the way.

mgs-interstate-waters-river-basins-map.png

Last edited:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few people who have dogs in my neighborhood and some people drop their dog poop bags in front of my house (I have a corner lot with a long sidewalk). Um, I like dogs, but I'm not picking up your dog's poop.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few people who have dogs in my neighborhood and some people drop their dog poop bags in front of my house (I have a corner lot with a long sidewalk). Um, I like dogs, but I'm not picking up your dog's poop.
In my neighborhood there are folks that throw the bags down the storm drains. :L It clearly states the storms drains are natural water run off and don't enter into the sewer treatment system at all.

NOTE: The bullseye was for your last sentence.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When we hike with our dog if it's a return trail we will hang it on a tree and mark it on our phone so we pick it up after.

Maybe others do the same and forget to pick it up. Or they just like flying poop flags.

Put a garbage bin on the curb that says "for poop bags", figure out where the perps live and leave it on their doorsteps.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we hike with our dog if it's a return trail we will hang it on a tree and mark it on our phone so we pick it up after.

Maybe others do the same and forget to pick it up. Or they just like flying poop flags.

Put a garbage bin on the curb that says "for poop bags", figure out where the perps live and leave it on their doorsteps.
What you do is the appropriate thing to do but in most cases these are just left behind.

As for the garbage bin idea for @dash just from actual experience with this is that mooks can't even follow a simple rule like that. We have a dog waste bin and bags in our common space. Either people don't use the bags and if/when they do, they just leave them on the ground near the trash bin.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you do is the appropriate thing to do but in most cases these are just left behind.

As for the garbage bin idea for @dash just from actual experience with this is that mooks can't even follow a simple rule like that. We have a dog waste bin and bags in our common space. Either people don't use the bags and if/when they do, they just leave them on the ground near the trash bin.
lol ... just left behind ... hanging on a tree 20 feet up or 20 feet into the brush, away from the trail

theres a shit christmas tree in a trail I run... An ode to plastic and poop and irresponsible assholes

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... just left behind ... hanging on a tree 20 feet up or 20 feet into the brush, away from the trail

theres a shit christmas tree in a trail I run... An ode to plastic and poop and irresponsible assholes
Yep...and on the AT the folks that maintain the trail say a lot of these folks just assume it is the job of the ATC. Little do they realize these folks are just volunteers who hike the trail to keep it nice for others.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll never understand why drivers veer right to turn left.
They watched too many Fast and Furious movies? :noidea: :D

Seriously it makes no sense whatsoever. On the same note the folks that have a right hand turning lane but take forever to commit to that turning lane and block part of the through traffic lane.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or the water in New Orleans......think about this water system for a minute and all the sewer treatment plants along the way.

mgs-interstate-waters-river-basins-map.png
That makes me wonder how far the toxic water from East Palestine has made it by now.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They watched too many Fast and Furious movies? :noidea: :D

Seriously it makes no sense whatsoever. On the same note the folks that have a right hand turning lane but take forever to commit to that turning lane and block part of the through traffic lane.

There's a light with a left hand turn lane (and 3 lanes of traffic in both directions) that I have to deal with daily on the way home from work. Drivers in the turn lane either making the u-turn (with 3 lanes to make that turn) or a simple left onto the crossing street are always drifting into my lane (or at the very least crowding that line) all the time. I have to make the next left, so I need to be in that lane next to the turn lane.

Another peave are left hand turn lanes that are too short due to installed medians. On this same road there are at least two or three lights where the left hand turn lane gets overloaded on the drive home from work. Meanwhile, you've idiots trying to merge left from 2-3 lanes way into those turn lanes.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I hike I wear tight jeans. When the dog does his business I pick it up, tie the bag, and put it in my front pants pocket. Quick and easy and youre not carrying anything around.