• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Name some things that drive you fucking nuts

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y2K was perfectly timed for me. I have no degree, but was able to switch into IT when companies were hiring anyone who could spell CPU. Then I was able to grow with certifications. But I see the ridiculous "minimum qualifications" on job postings now and it blows my mind. I saw a junior level role that wanted a Master's degree.

About 7 years prior to Y2K, the company I was working at decided to implement a German software application by the name of SAP. All these years later and I'm still working with SAP (It's been 30 years now).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recovery has been going well. I am getting flexibility back, pain's mostly gone and I have been back to normal life things like grocery shopping and mowing the yard. I have a bruise on the inside of my knee and sometimes it swells, but not too bad. Or so I thought. Had my post surgery follow up yesterday and doctor noticed my left calf is swollen and he then noticed bruising behind my calf. Seems that since I have felt okay and have been moving more, not giving it enough rest, and not keeping it elevated, it seems my knee is draining into my leg.

They decided that my rehab should be moved up (was supposed to start May 9th) . They scheduled me for today for the first PT session.

Well, they *told* me they scheduled me for my first PT today. Who they didn't tell was the PT place. I showed up and they had no idea. So now I have PT tomorrow. At 7am. And I have to spend at least 3 hours a day off my feet until the swelling is gone.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worked one place over 20 years, and another place over 20 years. A few bad choices here and there for a few months each. Then I retired.

About 7 years prior to Y2K, the company I was working at decided to implement a German software application by the name of SAP. All these years later and I'm still working with SAP (It's been 30 years now).
I worked for a telecommunications software company for 15 years. In retrospect years too long but I was told numerous times from super high up people from a major east coast Telcom company that our product was going to make us all rich. Nope! Lol

Now I have been working for another company for 11 years. Just got a promotion and pay raise so all is well for now.

Mostly....see there's this red head in accounting that has these big [post edited for the benefit of all creatures great and small]

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recovery has been going well. I am getting flexibility back, pain's mostly gone and I have been back to normal life things like grocery shopping and mowing the yard. I have a bruise on the inside of my knee and sometimes it swells, but not too bad. Or so I thought. Had my post surgery follow up yesterday and doctor noticed my left calf is swollen and he then noticed bruising behind my calf. Seems that since I have felt okay and have been moving more, not giving it enough rest, and not keeping it elevated, it seems my knee is draining into my leg.

They decided that my rehab should be moved up (was supposed to start May 9th) . They scheduled me for today for the first PT session.

Well, they *told* me they scheduled me for my first PT today. Who they didn't tell was the PT place. I showed up and they had no idea. So now I have PT tomorrow. At 7am. And I have to spend at least 3 hours a day off my feet until the swelling is gone.
Hope it goes well. From people I talk to they are better with almost everything on knees than they were 10 years ago.

My brother is getting a knee replacement in a few weeks. He waited too long so the doctor is not making any promises.

Rehab and PT can be tough by helps a lot. I just had a misaligned patella and kind of liked the PT. Hope it goes well for you.