• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: movies

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just saw Incredibly loud a few nights ago, seems long, but very messed up.

I recommend it, but it may not be for everyone. don't go expecting a large acting presence from Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock.

Red Tails, cooler than shit. go see it.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, you couldnt pay me to go see increadibly....9/11 stuff is too close. Plus, it looks kinda sappy. Just no desire to see it. I cringe everytime I see the trailor.

We saw 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' which was really good. Of course, I'm a huge fan of John LeCarre and espionage novels in general (his are the best). Read 'The Spy Who Came in From the Cold' if you're into that sort of thing..

I want to see 'Drive' but havent yet. New Batman trailer is out and looks badass. Other than that I got nothing. I like old movies.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna go watch Chronicle soon hopefully, wanna see the new Dr. Suess movie, def. watching Hunger Games when it comes out next month.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you couldnt pay me to go see increadibly....9/11 stuff is too close. Plus, it looks kinda sappy. Just no desire to see it. I cringe everytime I see the trailor.

We saw 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' which was really good. Of course, I'm a huge fan of John LeCarre and espionage novels in general (his are the best). Read 'The Spy Who Came in From the Cold' if you're into that sort of thing..

I want to see 'Drive' but havent yet. New Batman trailer is out and looks badass. Other than that I got nothing. I like old movies.

"Drive" was terrible IMO.

You like older movies? Can't go wrong with "Glengarry Glen Ross."

Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Drive" was terrible IMO.

You like older movies? Can't go wrong with "Glengarry Glen Ross."

Blake: We're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anybody want to see second prize?
[Holds up prize]
Blake: Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.

I agree. "Drive" was a huge disappointment. It is more one of those art film student types of projects it seems. I am just not into that type of film, although, some of those can present some damn good acting. This was not one of them. It was okay.

"The Double" was a pretty good movie with Richard Gere and Topher Grace. Tons of twists and turns and an unexpected ending. I recommend it. It just came out to video not too long ago, so should be easy to find.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Glengary Glenn Ross is a classic

"Coffee is for closers!"

I heard 'Drive' was violent and it was compared to Pulp Fiction which is one of my all time faves...I didnt know it was arty. (I hate pretentious movies...if anything I like crappy, B-movies that dont take themselves too seriously)

Actually, one of the better new movies I've seen lately was 'The Town' which was great.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glengary Glenn Ross is a classic

"Coffee is for closers!"

I heard 'Drive' was violent and it was compared to Pulp Fiction which is one of my all time faves...I didnt know it was arty. (I hate pretentious movies...if anything I like crappy, B-movies that dont take themselves too seriously)

Actually, one of the better new movies I've seen lately was 'The Town' which was great.

I also thought Glengary Glenn Ross was great. Jack Lemmon, Pacino, Spacey, and that great speech from Baldwin: "the winner gets a new car, 2nd place is a set of steak knives."

I thought Drive was excellent. 2 best I saw from last year's crop was "The Help" and Warhorse.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
not a big Tom Cruise fan (wacko), but his mission impossible ghost was entertaining

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a big Tom Cruise fan (wacko), but his mission impossible ghost was entertaining

Have to agree. I thought it was really well done.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The last movie I saw in the theaters was The Tree of Life

if there's any justice in the world it will win the Oscar for Best Picture.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last movie I saw in the theaters was The Tree of Life

if there's any justice in the world it will win the Oscar for Best Picture.

I almost rented this on several different occasions. The cover just looked so darn gay. If it blows I'm blaming you.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I almost rented this on several different occasions. The cover just looked so darn gay. If it blows I'm blaming you.

If you look at customer reviews online about half of them give it 1 star and the other half give it 5 stars. it's really polarizing. people either love it or hate it.

it's not a movie I would recommend someone else spending money on without knowing their taste.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at customer reviews online about half of them give it 1 star and the other half give it 5 stars. it's really polarizing. people either love it or hate it.

it's not a movie I would recommend someone else spending money on without knowing their taste.

Sean Penn is what scares me about it. He's such an arthouse whackjob.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tree of Life looks a little pretentious for my tastes. However, the guy that directed it made Badlands which is a great movie. Old flick. Martin Sheen goes on a crime spree. check it out if you can find it.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tree of Life was being shown on a plane that I had to take cross-country. I tried to get into it, but I was sleeping like a baby 20 minutes in.

That said, it's hard to watch a movie on a plane.