• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

OT: Justin Williams Article

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch that 2014 Stanley Cup DVD now and again, and it captures not only key plays with Williams at moments but it also makes me think how dominant he was that playoff run.

It was nothing short of spectacular, and the guy delivered in every Game 7 during that run against SJ, Anaheim and Chicago in addition to just having one of the best PO seasons I have witnessed. There was no debate who the Conn Smythe could have gone to, he pulled away by a mile early in the playoffs.

Good article on how and why he went back to the Hurricanes. Will always be thankful for his time as a King and how much he contributed not to mention helped mold the winning culture here.

Williams a leader in second tour with Canes

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya that guy has always been a gamer. I was worried a bit when he came and his injury history....but man he was a huge part of the Kings success

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams has a motor that won't quit. Gets going even harder in playoffs. I hope Carolina makes it.

It is definitely an unfair call comparison, but the way Iafallo skates reminds me of Williams.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was key last night in a 4-1 win against the Flyers, scoring 2 goals. They are 2 points out of the Wild Card spot so points are important just like they are for LA because of the dog fight between 2nd and the Wild Card.

I don' see the resemblance in his style of skating, Williams was always an ugly skater who isn't overly fast but he is extremely intelligent, greasy along the boards buying that fraction of a second more he needs to make the right play, loose puck recovery, etc. and I do see that in Iafallo's play for sure. Iafallo is definitely faster and quicker than Williams which is what allows him to hound guys more where as Williams would beat you with his smarts.

He seems to have turned the corner after he was scratched about a month ago, nice to see him get some rewards last night for the hard work. Both goals were impressive.